Overwritten.net

Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: MysterD on Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 05:03:40 PM

Title: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: MysterD on Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 05:03:40 PM
Anyone seen that Cusack and Samuel Jackson movie yet that's now on DVD?
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: nickclone on Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 07:28:51 PM
I have it right now, but I haven't watched it yet. I've heard good things about it and I like Jackson and Cusack.
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: Xessive on Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 03:39:21 AM
It's not bad. Good production quality.
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: iPPi on Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 08:57:32 AM
I hear it's pretty good but I haven't had the time lately to watch any movies.  It's definitely on my list to watch though.
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: nickclone on Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 11:27:46 PM
I only have one gripe with what should be a perfect move:


[spoiler]The room is never explained, not at all. If they had given me a halfed ass, piece of shit, sorry excuse, I would've been happy. However, I got nothing! On top of this, theres two endings that are being used indiscriminately so a lot of people aren't getting the same ending.[/spoiler]

Its worth the viewing, but don't expect a lot on the end of it all.
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: iPPi on Monday, October 08, 2007, 11:06:13 PM
I only have one gripe with what should be a perfect move:


[spoiler]The room is never explained, not at all. If they had given me a halfed ass, piece of shit, sorry excuse, I would've been happy. However, I got nothing! On top of this, theres two endings that are being used indiscriminately so a lot of people aren't getting the same ending.[/spoiler]

Its worth the viewing, but don't expect a lot on the end of it all.

Yea I didn't like the ending.

[spoiler]I didn't realize there were two endings either until I read about it on Wikipedia.  I saw the ending where he dies, and was somewhat disappointed because it kind of just ends abruptly without providing any good explanation or satisfaction. 

I think the theatrical ending where he survives is probably the better one.  At least it offers a little more depth to the storyline.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: 1408 (Movie) -- anyone seen it yet?
Post by: nickclone on Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 03:26:23 AM
Yea I didn't like the ending.

[spoiler]I didn't realize there were two endings either until I read about it on Wikipedia.  I saw the ending where he dies, and was somewhat disappointed because it kind of just ends abruptly without providing any good explanation or satisfaction. 

I think the theatrical ending where he survives is probably the better one.  At least it offers a little more depth to the storyline.[/spoiler]

It looks like we both saw the same ending, I guess that explains our reaction. I found out after seeing the same ending as you that there was another one. I guess I need to see that one as well...