Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 01:56:40 PM
-
NEW -- 8-14-2013:
Escapist -> Ultra SF4 PC will ONLY use Steamworks; they're ditching G4WL. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126820-Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Ditches-Games-For-Windows-Live)
PC Gamer -> Ultra Street Fighter 4 announced. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/15/ultra-street-fighter-4-announced-brings-new-characters-and-modes-to-the-existing-game/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp)
OLD:
Super SF4: Arcade Edition - Version 2012 Patch log details. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/11/29/ssfiv:_arcade_edition_ver._2012_complete_change_log) - PDF w/ a long list of changes (http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/downloads/SSFIV%20Arcade%20Edition%202012%20Final%20Change%20List%20-%20US.pdf) for the upcoming patch.PC Gamer -> 92% for Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/13/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-review/)
Patch released for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition PC, which removes DRM from non-Steam versions. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/07/15/arcade_edition_pc_title_update:_live_for_all_users)
Thread compiling TONS of issues w/ SSF4: AE PC. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/27973929/SSFIV:AE_PC_Issues_-_One_thread_to_rule_them_all)
Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC got issues, issues, issues - and Capcom is working on it. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/07/06/arcade_edition_on_the_pc:_a_few_updates)
Bluenews -> Expect an announcement from Capcom on Super SF4 PC on April 12th, 8AM PST. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=120601)
Bluesnews -> Capcom's Christian Svensson is still pushing for Super SF4 PC. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=117729)
Bluesnews -> Ono says it's likely Super SF4 PC will not happen... (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=114414)
...Even though he says Super SF4 PC is done b/c the Arcade version runs off a Win XP PC machine.
Yoshinori Ono responds on Twitter about possibilities of Super SF4 on the PC. (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jun/24/yoshinori-ono-working-getting-ssf4-pc/)
Street Fighter IV trailer let loose. (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15560)
-
Hell must have frozen over and pigs must fly because a Street Fighter IV is being made, I never thought that would happen. That trailer was kind of interesting, I'm more curious about the actual gameplay though.
-
nice! street fighter has to be my favourite videogame series ever, so this pleases me. like belmont, i agree that some gameplay footage is needed though.
-
That was an awesome fucking trailer. But yeah, it's a little hard to get excited without knowing something of substance. Still, it could be good news. I'd love a new SF game.
-
I thought the trailer was pretty good, as well.
Would've been nice to seen some in-game footage.
But, yeah -- it's always nice to see MK and SF still going at it, w/ more new games in their always neverending fighting series.
-
Gameplay footage (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165170)
I strongly suggest you watch the videos they link to at the bottom of the page so you don't have to watch 5 guys talking about Street Fighter for 20 min. with little 3 sec. clips mixed in.
-
Gameplay footage (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165170)
I strongly suggest you watch the videos they link to at the bottom of the page so you don't have to watch 5 guys talking about Street Fighter for 20 min. with little 3 sec. clips mixed in.
Awesome, the gameplay looks pretty solid, and I am loving the 2.5D style, I will definitely have to keep my eye on this more, so far I like what I see. The comments at the end about it being "more offensive for newer players" sort of worry me though because I don't want it to turn into some simplified button mashing shit like the EO mode on Capcom Vs SNK 2 or Marvel Vs Capcom. Hopefully there is different control sets like there was in Capcom Vs SNK with the different "Grooves", maybe one for Alpha, one for 3rd Strike, and one for Turbo/Championship edition.
-
I don't know that I like the 3D thing. I wasn't sure I'd care, but watching it... I just sort of missed the old SF style. I think it might have been cooler had they simply finally done a GOOD modern 2D translation, i.e. something with the graphical prowess of GGX2+ or better. Still, it could work. It didn't look bad... just more cartoony than seems "right".
-
I understand the motivation for the 3D style, but I too miss the classic 2D style of SF. I was expecting, and kinda hoping for, a really hi-res 2D thing going on.
-
Chun Li vs Viper (http://www.gamershell.com/tv/10566.html)
I thought this teaser was particularly artistic.
-
No doubt. But has anything changed beyond the window dressing? I remember similar moves and that same upside-down spinning kick from SF II on the SNES. Is control a lot better now, or is it the same arcane method of complex button presses and stick swirls?
I'm not objective at all with fighting games like this. I generally hate them, so I don't appreciate the finer points, which I'm sure have evolved over the last 15 years (or whatever it is).
-
Is control a lot better now, or is it the same arcane method of complex button presses and stick swirls?
haha, you do realise the backlash that would happen if the input method changed, right? from what i've seen, it's mostly a cosmetic update. there's a few new characters and a new counter system, but other than that it's the same game. you could only change a very small amount before it wouldn't feel like street fighter anymore - the switch to 3d alone is pretty brave.
i doubt this game will convert any non-SF nuts.
-
I suppose so. If the core gameplay is set in stone, then you're right. There's no way it would convert me. They could still work in some sort of progressive skill system, analog control, or some other nuance that says you're not just playing a 1993 game with prettier graphics.
-
If you changed this stuff, it wouldn't be a fighting game anymore. I mean not in the same sense. That stuff is entirely unchangeable because it's basically what defines the game's genre. Change that, you're changing genres. A new franchise could do that, or a splinter of an old one if it made it extremely clear that it was a spin-off, but not something like this. I mean, this isn't archaic stuff. It's just what fighting games are. It's like jumping to a platformer.
-
If the controls changed that much it would be a different game altogether. A good example from the Street Fighter Alpha (Zero) series is SF Alpha 3 (Zero 3). For some reason Capcom decided they were gonna change things with this one and they completely overhauled the controls. This did not sit right with people who loved Super Street Fighter 2, Alpha 1, Alpha 2, or Alpha 2 Gold; in which the controls were essentially the same (if you could play one, you could play them all). SFA3 introduced a whole bunch of -isms (which in my opinion is a bad idea for any field of life), changed the super moves and custom combo system, and they even completely fudged the throwing system.
Sorry, I just really hated what they did with SFA3.
-
I understand. I guess it's a more closed genre than, for example, FPS. WASD+mouse+trigger are here to stay, but there is a lot that can be added to the basic mechanics. What I'm hearing from the fighter fans here is that the mechanics pretty much define the genre. New moves and corresponding input sequences are all that is likely to get added. I know this kind of game is very popular, disturbingly popular in the 90s. (I feared it might displace other genres, leaving me high and dry.) Don't want to upset that huge applecart.
-
The only fighting game I can think of off the top of my head that did things a little differently was Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO. They had a mode for novice fighters called EO mode where moves could be pulled off a little easier with only the analog stick being moved in a certain direction, sometimes a half or quarter circle, it made things TOO easy though, but it might be something more along the lines you are talking about. They also had what was called "Grooves", each Groove was for a different control set based on the game series it was from, there was a control set for the Street Fighter games, SF Alpha Games, and others like Samurai Showdown and Fatal Fury so you could pick the best control set that suited you, the grooves also affected how super moves and combos were done.
-
We knew Street Fighter 4 was being planned for the X360 and PS3...
...But there is news that SF4 is ALSO coming to the PC. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=88058)
PC Street Fighter IV [May 28, 2008, 2:06 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
Next Generation (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10663) reports an edition of Street Fighter IV for the PC is in the works, in spite of the PC not being considered the ideal platform for fighting games. They say the game will be released "this fiscal year," for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Additionally, they point out the Street Fighter Website (http://www.streetfighter.com/) has a countdown timer, which reads two day and fifteen plaus hours at this point, so it's possible that another revelation related to the franchise will be made before the end of this week.
-
It makes sense, in a way. SF4 is on the "Taito Type X2" arcade system, which is pretty much a PC in a cabinet. Behold!
Taito Type X2
* OS: Microsoft Windows XP Embedded SP2 [2]
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400/Pentium 4 651/Celeron D 352 (up to latest Core 2 CPUs supported by the chipset)
* Chipset: Intel Q965 + ICH8
* Monitor: 720p/1080p/1440p HD LCD Monitor
* RAM: DDR2 667/800MHz (512MB/1GB, up to 4GB)
* GPU: PCI Express x16-based graphics. Support cards include ATI RADEON X1600Pro/X1300LE or nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS/7600GS/7300GS, up to latest graphic cards (Radeon HD 3800 or Geforce 9800 series)
* Sound: Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 channel Sound (supports add-in sound cards)
* LAN: 10/100/1000 BASE-T
* I/O ports: 1x JVS, 4x USB 2.0 (up to 8), 1x serial (max 2), 1x parallel port, 2x PS/2, 2x SATA
* Audio inputs: AKG C535EB Stage Microphone, line-in (Surround 7.1)
* Audio outputs: 7.1, SPDI/FX
* Expansion Slots: 1x PCI Express x16 (used by video card), 1x PCI Express x4, 2x PCI
* Storage: 2x 80 GB 10k RPM SATA Hard Drives
* Media: 80 GB 10000 rpm Hard Drive
So it won't take much effort at all to release on PC proper.
-
Wow, Idol -- that's pretty cool, actually. :) That does make sense.
Also, It makes sense to bring to the PC, to try and establish a Brawler game presence on the PC. The PC sure could use one -- why not bring one of the best brawler series ever in gaming history over to the PC?
It's not like the series has any competition on the PC, either. This is the perfect chance for Capcom to try something like this, to bring SF4 on the PC, since there is no market really for these games on the market. SF is a big name, which is a help -- and that alone could cause SF4 PC to sell well and create a market for these games, if Capcom does the PC version justice. I hope they do.
Also, X360 gamers have a X360 Controller, that's their main device -- so they can just plug that into the PC, if they wanted to play SF4 on the PC. I don't know how popular the X360 For Windows Controller is for PC gamers (that don't own consoles), in sales. I'd say the X360 For Windows Controller/X360 Controller would be perfect to play that game with on the PC, I'd bet.
Also, I bet SF4 would probably be a blast over The Internet to play and just have all kinds of tournaments and matches and whatnot.
Smart move, if you ask me.
-
The only fighting game I can think of off the top of my head that did things a little differently was Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO. They had a mode for novice fighters called EO mode where moves could be pulled off a little easier with only the analog stick being moved in a certain direction, sometimes a half or quarter circle, it made things TOO easy though, but it might be something more along the lines you are talking about. They also had what was called "Grooves", each Groove was for a different control set based on the game series it was from, there was a control set for the Street Fighter games, SF Alpha Games, and others like Samurai Showdown and Fatal Fury so you could pick the best control set that suited you, the grooves also affected how super moves and combos were done.
EO is so frowned upon by the community though. The PS2 version is considered the "definitive" one to own because it lacks the EO newbness.
-
3 min and 40 sec Street Fighter 4 trailer from TGS '08 (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55197)
-
I preordered the collectors edition for ps3 yesterday, and also dropped a preorder on one of the 150 dollar uber sticks coming out for it.
I hope I'm not broke come february.
-
Looks good. Unfortunately, I don't like fighting games.
-
I preordered the collectors edition for ps3 yesterday, and also dropped a preorder on one of the 150 dollar uber sticks coming out for it.
I hope I'm not broke come february.
the top end stick looks nice. absolutely no way i can justify going for that one! i'm more at home with a pad for fighting games anyway. not entirely sure what to make of the madcatz sf4 pads yet - the d-pad looks a bit iffy. have to wait for some reviews, i guess. i just wish capcom had given the peripheral licence to nuby again.
i mean, compare the two...
old:
(http://www.orang3.net/store/welcome/permanent_imgs/16.jpg)
new:
(http://www.gamecyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sfiv-x360-gamepad-ryu.jpg)
-
I hope I'm not broke come february.
If you have $150 to waste on an arcade stick and aren't broke, I will hate you. Forever. And ever.
-
the top end stick looks nice. absolutely no way i can justify going for that one! i'm more at home with a pad for fighting games anyway. not entirely sure what to make of the madcatz sf4 pads yet - the d-pad looks a bit iffy. have to wait for some reviews, i guess. i just wish capcom had given the peripheral licence to nuby again.
i mean, compare the two...
old:
(http://www.orang3.net/store/welcome/permanent_imgs/16.jpg)
new:
(http://www.gamecyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sfiv-x360-gamepad-ryu.jpg)
Actually one of the employees that's heading up the stick/pad development at Madcatz is an active member at Shoryuken.com and is working closely with Seth Killian at Capcom to develop these things. The 150 dollar sticks will contain EXACTLY what is in the arcade machines. All Sanwa parts.
The pads are meant to replicate the Saturn pads, which are widely considered the best fighting game pads ever. They've also been tested by srkers at open house events and they have nothing but good things to say about them.
The nuby pads sucked, btw. Horrible dpad.
So yeah, I was initially shocked that Madcatz was developing these things. However, they really seem to be in good hands, and are catering to the right people.
-
If you have $150 to waste on an arcade stick and aren't broke, I will hate you. Forever. And ever.
Normally it wouldn't be an issue. I've been salivating over this thing for a year. It's just that the fiancee is graduating and moving in with me. Being an education major, finding a job in the middle of the semester could be a little difficult. That's really the only caveat to all of this, unless the economy dropkicks me in the face and I lose my job...
-
So the excitement continues. Zangief's alternate costume is Mike Haggar's from Final Fight
-
Actually one of the employees that's heading up the stick/pad development at Madcatz is an active member at Shoryuken.com and is working closely with Seth Killian at Capcom to develop these things. The 150 dollar sticks will contain EXACTLY what is in the arcade machines. All Sanwa parts.
The pads are meant to replicate the Saturn pads, which are widely considered the best fighting game pads ever. They've also been tested by srkers at open house events and they have nothing but good things to say about them.
The nuby pads sucked, btw. Horrible dpad.
So yeah, I was initially shocked that Madcatz was developing these things. However, they really seem to be in good hands, and are catering to the right people.
based on both the saturn pad emulation and the shoryuken.com linkage, i'm happy - i'll have to get one these now. as for the nuby pads sucking, that's a surprise. i never used one, but they looked kind of badass.
-
I've never been huge on fighting games, but I'm kind of getting excited about this one. I'd definitely need a fightpad though. I tried playing a few fighters on my Xbox and couldnt' do it, I had to buy a converter to use a PS2 controller instead.
-
Worst DLC News:
Capcom details a bunch of their upcoming "Horse Armor" type of DLC for Street Fighter 4 -- in which they'll be popping new costumes for (eventually) all 25 fighters.
Every week for 5 weeks, they'll pop out one new pack with new costumes for 5 fighters -- all priced at $3.99 or 320 MS Points per pack; or you could buy them all at once later for $20.
Best DLC news:
There will be a FREE new Championship Mode DLC coming to add some new features, as well. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26772340/capcom-details-first-sfiv-dlc.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6204267)
News Blog Header
Capcom details first SFIV DLC
* Posted Feb 6, 2009 2:30 pm PT
* By TomM_GScom
* 79 comments
Back in 2006 when downloadable content was still a largely unknown and unproven business model, Bethesda Softworks elicited both sneers and jeers with its $2 horse armor for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Now it is 2009, and Capcom has decided to revisit the question of what the upper threshold is for how much gamers are willing to pay for purely aesthetic accoutrements.
This week, Capcom delivered news on the first round of downloadable content for Street Fighter IV. Beginning day-and-date with the game's launch on February 17, Capcom plans to roll out alternate costume packs for each of the 25 World Warriors. Packs will be released at a rate of one per week, and each set will cost an eyebrow-raising $3.99 (320 Microsoft points), or $20 for the lot.
Capcom also has in the works a round of free--not to mention substantive--DLC. Dubbed the Championship Mode Expansion Pack, the free DLC adds in a Replay mode in which players can record and distribute their fights online; two new points systems for skill ranking; and a tournament matching system, in which players are pitted against one another based on their skill level. Capcom did not reveal when the Championship Mode Expansion Pack would be available.
For more information, check out GameSpot's previous coverage of Street Fighter IV. The release schedule for the premium alternate-costume packs is listed below.
2/17 - Brawler Pack: Zangeif, E. Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel
2/24 - Femme Fatale Pack: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C. Viper
3/3 - Shoryuken Pack: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan
3/10 - Shadowloo Pack: Seth, M. Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega
3/17 - Classic Pack: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen
-
Sex sells. Girlie dress up > horse dress up.
(http://zdnrug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p4h4BPJTsD9aL3BIFPyCLHoDegqER__jFZIvz1kZXdxViNEe85l2hOxHFzAJr3FXtFT2O1C64My0/Chun%20Li%20new%20costume.png)
-
You trying to say the "Femme Fatale" DLC pack will be the only costume pack that'll sell? :P
-
I'm saying it will sell much better than the others. They're all equally unworthy of anything other than being given away for free, but plenty of idiots constantly justify this business model. Most of them are young and horny.
-
Sex sells. Girlie dress up > horse dress up.
(http://zdnrug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p4h4BPJTsD9aL3BIFPyCLHoDegqER__jFZIvz1kZXdxViNEe85l2hOxHFzAJr3FXtFT2O1C64My0/Chun%20Li%20new%20costume.png)
Holy thunder thighs, Batman!
-
;D Chun Li is known for her hamhocks. Dorothy Hamil would be proud.
-
It's really funny how backward it is. The DLC with actual substance is coming for free. The entirely optional bullshit that doesn't affect anything is what actually costs money. Why aren't all the little gimmes free and the real meaty updates what cost money? That's just... odd.
-
half decent review and comparison of all the SF4 madcatz products...
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/208590/the-standard-edition-and-fightpad/
It's really funny how backward it is. The DLC with actual substance is coming for free. The entirely optional bullshit that doesn't affect anything is what actually costs money. Why aren't all the little gimmes free and the real meaty updates what cost money? That's just... odd.
because you bought horse armour, que. no we haven't forgotten.
-
It's really funny how backward it is. The DLC with actual substance is coming for free. The entirely optional bullshit that doesn't affect anything is what actually costs money. Why aren't all the little gimmes free and the real meaty updates what cost money? That's just... odd.
I agree.
-
You know, it's funny you mention that, beo, because I'd been thinking about it. Generally speaking it seems like something I wouldn't do, especially with the way DLC has gone now. I'm much more selective. But the more I think on it, I realize that there are several specific reasons I didn't really mind shelling out a couple bucks for the horse armor.
1 - I'm a bit of a Bethesda/Elder Scrolls freak. That much is sort of obvious, but it does bear consideration. The fact that I'm a huge fan (not a fanboy -- I've been plenty critical of certain aspects of the company and the franchise) has to factor in there. 2 - I didn't feel ripped off at all by the stock game. I felt like I had gotten *so much* out of the game it was crazy, so it didn't seem like anything was missing and I needed to purchase more game to bulk it up. Ironically, that makes me want to buy more stuff for it more than if the game felt like it needed a boost. 3 - The amount of time I put into that game is insane. I knew that I was going to be spending tons of time and that I would see and benefit from the purchase almost constantly over another 150+ hours of game, possibly more. There are lots of little DLC things that seem worthless to me because I know I won't be getting all that much for my couple of bucks, actual content of the package irregardless; I just won't be seeing that much of it because I won't be spending that much time with the game.
Anyway, it's interesting to think about. I certainly couldn't see myself getting something like that again, but at the same time, even knowing the relative lack of value of the item, I can't really bring myself to regret having picked it up.
That said, I don't think I'd ever spend actual money on a costume for a fighting game character. Even if it was like a dollar for 25 costumes, I don't spend enough time with those kinds of games to ever justify it. Okay, I'd have some cheap new costumes, but I'd see them a couple times and that would be the end of it. What would be the point? New game modes and stuff like that, though, could potentially be a different story (though certainly not at $10 for a pass-the-pad pack ala Burnout Paradise, which I'd use once or twice then never have any use for ever again).
-
anyway... back to street fighter (well sort of), i've just ordered a load of sanwa parts and will be building my own wireless 360 arcade stick.
i'm going to have to rip apart a spare 360 pad i've got lying around, and do a bit of woodworking (something i haven't really done since school) - but i'll have something worth a massive amount of geekpoints at the end.
this is going to be fun!
*glees*
-
Kick ass. Make sure to take pictures.
-
it seems the sticks and pad might not of lived up to their promises. many people are complaining of poor diagonal response on the pads, sticky buttons on the regular stick and sticking joysticks on both stick models. seems the sticks can be fixed by removing or fixing down a washer - and after that they're pretty great. but still, this is unfortunately what everyone expected from madcatz.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174974
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176026
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176370
-
Madcatz is doing damage control, saying they're only isolated incidents. I'll see for myself in a week or so I guess
-
I doubt I'll be this stoked about a game release for a very long time. I can't wait to get home today.
-
(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7027/ryuak6.jpg)
Serious business
-
bastard! not out here until friday...
-
it seems the sticks and pad might not of lived up to their promises. many people are complaining of poor diagonal response on the pads, sticky buttons on the regular stick and sticking joysticks on both stick models. seems the sticks can be fixed by removing or fixing down a washer - and after that they're pretty great. but still, this is unfortunately what everyone expected from madcatz.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174974
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176026
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176370
Can't say I am totally surprised.
They were only planning a limited quantity until the overwhelming response, and it seemed like they were rushing production.
(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7027/ryuak6.jpg)
Serious business
How the hell do you get muscles like that?
-
Porn. Lots and lots of porn
-
hahah that's pretty funny.
Your joke reminds me of this guy:
(http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/o/x/M/ladyinthewaterpubm.jpg)
-
Street Fighter 4 - X360 Review
9.0 from GameSpot
Video review (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/streetfighteriv/video/6204811/street-fighter-iv-video-review-?hd=1&tag=topslot;watchlink;1)
Written review (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/streetfighteriv/review.html?tag=topslot;title;1)
-
Giantbomb gives it 5 out of 5 stars. (http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/reviews/?linktags=home,home-spot)
-
Oh and the stick with the problems is the regular stick, not the Limited 150 dollar one.
-
Damn. Jeff's video review just convinced me that I need this. Damn you, Jeff. Damn you.
EDIT - Anyone have anything to say in response to this user review (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/streetfighteriv/player_review.html?id=644922&tag=player-reviews;continue;2)? I'm mostly just curious. So far opinions on the game seem quite high. I think I want it pretty bad.
And what's up with Gamestop's website? They seem to have funny blurbs for games all the time now. Cracks me up.
This updated arcade favorite keeps the 2D fighting style that fans know and love, and blends it with beautifully rendered 3D characters and backgrounds. So you fight in 2D and see it in 3D. Time passes as you play, making it 4-dimensional. If you listen to "The Age of Aquarius" while playing, that brings you to the Fifth Dimension.
EDIT x2 - Well, step one. This finally got me to grab the SF2 HD Remix off PSN. If the craving for more hits me, perhaps SF IV will replace Dawn of War II as my next big purchase. Not because I don't want that one, but because I think I may wait until after OWmeet '09 is over and done. I won't really have the time to play it before then anyway, and we could totally do some SF IV matches while everyone is here.
-
Guy's just bitter. Seth is tough but beatable. If he wants to see a boss with a win button he should grab a copy of any DoA.
It's a great game. The story is lacking in narrative, and really doesn't make sense sometimes, but if you're buying a SF game for narrative then something's wrong to begin with.
-
Just curious to hear what some vets think. I've read a bit on the internet, but I like hearing stuff from smart people like you guys.
I tell you one thing, though, I fucking suck at HD Remix. I'm realizing that all my time with Guilty Gear has made me forget completely how to play SF. I really haven't touched the franchise to any real degree in years, and I avoided III and most of the Alpha games. I have some serious relearning to do.
-
The only thing keeping me from getting this game now is that I won't have anyone to really play it with. Single player mode is only fun for so long. All of my friends here never play fighting games and get too frustrated when I beat them, even though I take it easy on them and try to help them play better. None of my friends here played 2D fighting games when they were younger so the genre is completely alien to them and they won't try to get better at the games. I had one of my friends getting decent at Guilty Gear but he suddenly stopped playing. I had two guys here at my apartment complex that would come over and play Guilty Gear, Capcom, or SNK games with me on a regular basis but they moved last year. I don't know if this game has online play or not, but to be honest I'm not interested in it. I don't want to play online and have dipshits disconnect right before I'm about to beat them, that would happen at least 4 out of 5 fights when I played Capcom vs SNK 2 online.
-
I gave in. Got it for the 360 today. Was really expensive. :(
The game ROCKS. Oh my gosh. And it looks really good... very fluid, plus the facial animations give it a lot of color.
I got my ass handed to my by the comp today. Will hit XBLive at some point.
In other news, I think the 360 controller isn't very responsive... or maybe I am just doing it wrong.
-
In other news, I think the 360 controller isn't very responsive... or maybe I am just doing it wrong.
haven't got the game yet, but na, it's not you, the 360 pad sucks for 2d fighters. it's usable, but far from ideal.
-
I couldn't resist either. Just picked it up for PS3.
It is beautiful. The basic PS3 pad works well but ideally I need all six buttons up front. The pad is alright and I was surprised at how well the analogue stick works. I don't use it but I appreciate that it actually works almost like an arcade stick.
I'm waiting for the MadCatz pads to come in.
-
I actually gave up using the 360's Dpad for the game. I have four controllers, and tried all four... :P
In the end, I have to play with the stick. Not too bad though.
-
so... if anyone's got it, what's the movie like that comes with the collector's edition? also - is the downloadable content that comes with it the costumes that have previously mentioned (i would assume, yes).
-
so... if anyone's got it, what's the movie like that comes with the collector's edition? also - is the downloadable content that comes with it the costumes that have previously mentioned (i would assume, yes).
I haven't popped it in yet but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the same animation as the intro/ending movies in the game. If that's the case I don't have high hopes. The DLC is the Brawler pack, which gives new costumes for zang, abel, honda, and two others I can't name right off the top of my head.
I feel everyone on the stick dilemma. If I didn't have my MAS stick and a PS3 converter I'd be chomping at the bit for my TE stick (Amazon charged my card today so I'm hoping that means it shipped!).
-
I *almost* got this today. But I just couldn't. Dawn of War II ended up winning.
-
Damn. Jeff's video review just convinced me that I need this. Damn you, Jeff. Damn you.
That approximately 11-minute review was really good from Jeff.
-
I have put a lot of hours into this, and the computer is kicking my ass at medium difficulty at higher levels. I haven't played SF since SFII, so I am a newbie here. So can someone please tell me how you do reversals? Secondly, how does that revenge meter work? And finally, when your combo meter is full, how do you pull off a super combo?
Anyway, the game is a beaut. I really love it. I just wish there was blood though. I remember Blanka sucking blood in SFII and not water heh.
Also, I know you can unlock jap subs later, but some of the eng. dialog doesn't feel right. :P
Still, a wonderfully fun experience.
-
Yeah, I got my ass handed to me at the higher levels on medium. Serves me right for being cocky and a little overzealous with my jump-kicks.
It is pretty awesome though. Jeff G's review is spot on, along with the GameTrailers review. It still has the classic feel with a fresh look and some funky new bits. The gameplay and controls are way better than SF3.
-
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/02/15/how-to-unlock-all-street-fighter-4-secret-characters-guide.htm
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6204672/p-2.html
-
Arg, stop making me want this so bad!
-
I actually gave up using the 360's Dpad for the game. I have four controllers, and tried all four... :P
In the end, I have to play with the stick. Not too bad though.
That's a lost cause. The 360's D-pad is horrendous. I use the analog stick even in Pac Man CE. Maybe this game will revive the complaint and lead to some action. Didn't we talk once about a limited run of improved controllers, with usable D-pads?
-
This reminds me, I really need to get another gamepad for my PC. The 360 controller works well for most new games, but the Dpad sucks for everything else.
-
I switched to a Nyko pad (http://www.amazon.com/NYKO-TECHNOLOGIES-80650-Airflow-Controller/dp/B0006NGY9C?tag=dogpile-20) that's laid out just like a Dual Shock 2, right down to the clicky sticks. Works very well, including the D-pad.
-
This reminds me, I really need to get another gamepad for my PC. The 360 controller works well for most new games, but the Dpad sucks for everything else.
Here is the big fucking problem. Chances are that your other controller may not be supported by many new titles. I have a wireless Logitech controller, a wired Logitech, and two wired Saitech controllers. New titles like Gears of War, Prince of Persia etc. just don't support any of these, and it pisses me off, since I paid good money for those.
Logitech are in a real tight situation here, because they apparently can't do anything without the game publishers' cooperation.
Microsoft were very good to push games to use their 360 PC controllers, but they should have set some sort of software standard so that other companies like Logitech could have continued to strive as well.
It really pisses me off. The weird thing is that Assassin's Creed works perfectly... unfortunately other titles don't.
Arg, stop making me want this so bad!
I am sorry man, the game just rocks. There is so much depth to this, it is not even funny. You could play this for a few months, get your money's worth, and have a nice fulfilling experience, or you could play this for yearsr, and continue to figure out all sorts of great strategies.
I love how unique each character feels. You could easily master one character, and still be an idiot with the rest. Well unless you mastered Ryu... then you have a few other similar ones.
edit:
Just wanted to mention that I bought Burnout on the PC the other day, and gave it a whirl for a few minutes. Firstly, I may need to upgrade my 8800GTX :(, and secondly, the game is wonderful with its controller support.
EA have ever so slightly, improved in my eyes this year.
-
Yeah, the 360 controller and the games that make use of it are using XInput, which is all new and special. For some reason they (either MS or the game devs) don't have any sort of fallback to gamepads that only use DirectInput. This problem also goes the other direction where I wan't to play some older title but since it doesn't use XInput the 360 pad is near useless.
There is the XBCD drivers for the 360 pad that lets it use DirectInput so that problem is fixed. Sorta, since you have to switch between the drivers in windows if you switch from a new game to an old game, or vice versa. Its just shitty that MS tried to make a nice new standard but failed to include any kind of legacy support in doing so.
-
XBCD is what I always used with the 360 pad. I haven't bought a single GFWL.
Pug, that praise goes to Criterion. EA is the publisher. I realize EA owns Criterion, which muddies the waters. But the devs in England are really their own entity (http://www.criteriongames.com/index.php), and a good one.
-
EA is useless. Criterion must be comprised of wunderkinds or something.
-
I realize that. But EA is still one of the few publishers supporting PC games this year it seems.
edit:
As for the controller problems... MS just don't care I guess. They desperately need some sort of competition in the PC gaming arena.
-
Yeah, the Xbox 360 controller support thing sucks brutally. I used an xbox Controller S for years with XBCD and no problems. Then i upgraded to a 360 pad because i could get the wireless one with the pc dongle for cheap on sale. First smack in the face - batteries. Second smack in the face - no legacy support. Seriously? And XBCD drivers don't work with the wireless controllers. I haven't hit a problem yet where i have to hook up the old Controller S, but it's really only a matter of time.
-
I wonder of the Logitech Chillstream is an XInput controller (if it gets detected as a 360 pad). It looks just like the 360 pad but with rubber grips, if it works I'll go for it since it's cheaper than the 360 pad.
-
back to street fighter 4..
i am loving this game! stayed up until 4am unlocking the characters and playing online - got everyone but seth now. some of the ultras are a bit difficult to pull off with the 360 pad, but overall it's not *that* bad. still very much looking forward to getting my stick finished and playing this game properly though!
also, this is one of those games where a decent guide is actually useful. if you want to get better, you might want to check out the usual places for a certain pdf file - also going through the trials on challenge mode will teach you the moves, cancels and a few combos.
if any of you 360 players want a match, add me!
-
I wonder of the Logitech Chillstream is an XInput controller (if it gets detected as a 360 pad). It looks just like the 360 pad but with rubber grips, if it works I'll go for it since it's cheaper than the 360 pad.
It doesn't get detected by all PC games either.
back to street fighter 4..
i am loving this game! stayed up until 4am unlocking the characters and playing online - got everyone but seth now. some of the ultras are a bit difficult to pull off with the 360 pad, but overall it's not *that* bad. still very much looking forward to getting my stick finished and playing this game properly though!
also, this is one of those games where a decent guide is actually useful. if you want to get better, you might want to check out the usual places for a certain pdf file - also going through the trials on challenge mode will teach you the moves, cancels and a few combos.
if any of you 360 players want a match, add me!
I am sorry, what do you mean by stick finished?
-
I am sorry, what do you mean by stick finished?
said earlier in the thread somewhere - i'm attempting to build an arcade stick. only got as far as removing the pcb from the pad so far. still waiting on the parts (been a run on them since sf4's release became imminent).
there's a really good guide at http://www.slagcoin.com
pinouts for 360 sticks at http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=581887
and a gallery of some awesome custom sticks at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=115479
-
Nice!
edit:
Just finished the SP mode with Ryu. This game is awesome! :)
-
I just realized that if you switch the cutscene language to Japanese it also switches the main title song to Japanese, which makes slightly more bearable.
I like that you can also choose individual character language. I made all the Japaese characters actually use the Japanese voices. The only characters with great English voice acting are Zangief, C.Viper, Cammy, and Chun-Li. All the others kinda have that "terribly dubbed" feeling that's prominent in most dubbed animes.
I've already unlocked all the hidden characters but Gouken, which I'll be working on today. I also discovered that you can unlock a lot of extra costume colours! Each character can have up to 10 total. It's done through playing the Time-Attack and Survival challenge modes.
This game is awesomeness.
-
Hey, how do you unlock costumes?
I decided not to play on easy and middle kick my way to unlocking each character in 10 minutes. I am taking my time, trying to unlock one character a day on higher diffiiculty, and thus learning the basics of playing with each character.
The game is a lot of fun.
-
For the costumes (which are just different colours) you have to do some of the Time-Attack and Survival challenges. I've unlocked 5 colours so far.
From what I've read here are the challenges you need to complete for each colour:
Color #3 Beat Time Attack Mode #1
Color #4 Beat Survival Mode #1
Color #5 Beat Time Attack Mode #6
Color #6 Beat Survival Mode #6
Color #7 Beat Time Attack Mode #11
Color #8 Beat Survival Mode #11
Color #9 Beat Time Attack Mode #16
Color #10 Beat Survival Mode #16
I was playing on Medium alla long but frickin' Seth is a real bitch to beat! The first round is always easy. I've tested on difficulties from Easiest to Hard, and the pattern is always the same: first round I kick the snot out of him, second and third rounds it's like he suddenly learned all the super moves!
I just realized one thing that is different from all the previous Street Fighters and that can be annoying as F*#$! Apparently special throws (which are special moves that are throws) like Zangief and Seth's moves, are unstoppable. They can catch you even when you're crouching, which was never possible in previous games. You can't block them, you cant crouch to avoid them, and worst of all they can interrupt a special move, a super combo, and even an ultra combo. If you're close enough for the grab you will be grabbed. Seth defeated in one round by just repeatedly doing that infuriating move (grabs me, throws me in the air, teleports and catches me, then slams me into the ground). Nothing I could do about it.
Aside from that, the game is true to its heritage.
-
Hey, Rufus is awesome! He is so fast despite his comically ballooning tummy.
And Zengief (sp?) is a bitch to fight against. You can't get close to him without getting german suplexed or powerbombed or something.
Yea Seth can be a bitch. I beat him very easily with Ryu (first try, couldn't see all the fuss), but then I took a while with Blanka. I uttered a lot of profanities, but finally, after a lot of shocking, I beat him.
Blanka is a really decent defensive fighter.
edit:
I remember in SF2, when he did blood sucking, you would actually see blood. Now the blood looks like sweat.
-
Damn I'm more and more tempted to pick this up. I was originally not to impressed with the new look, but looking at how the characters move and animate is really amazing. Also I like the fact that you can change voice language on individual characters, that's a nice touch.
-
You know, Seth kicked my ass a lot when I was using Blanka. I think I took about ten tries to beat him, and got really frustrated a few times because it was always so close. But despite my anger, I had plenty of "LOL" moments, purely because of the fantastic facial animations.
When the other character initiates an "Ultra Combo", your character will suddenly have a look of utmost dread, that is quite hilarious. Also, whenever Blanka was hit with an ultra, the screen would pause for a tiny second, and you could see his eyes and tongue popping out from the impact, manga style. It was quite funny. :)
-
I love this game.
Seriously. I feel like I did when I was going to friend's houses to play SF2 on snes. This is great.
-
I love the victim's facial expressions when I'm starting up and Ultra combo :D It's like a slomo "Oh Shiiiiiii...." hehe
Even with the 3D character and environment design you really see and get a sense of the classic Capcom art style, just much more vivid and smoothly animated!
-
I love this game.
Seriously. I feel like I did when I was going to friend's houses to play SF2 on snes. This is great.
i know exactly what you mean! the feeling of finishing someone off online with a raging demon brings me close to orgasm. i fucking love this game!
also, what characters are people using? i'm normally a ryu / akuma player, but i'm trying to mix it up a bit since everyone online is using ryu or ken. i've been playing with sakura a lot - her special move combos are easy and very punishing. i've also been trying to get the hang of gouken, and he's actually pretty awesome. he's obviously quite a bit like ryu and co, but has enough changes in his repotoir to make him new and interesting.
-
Yea I really love this game too. I personally would have enjoyed a more fleshed out story, but oh well.
Also, I find it really hard to do some of the moves. I still can't do an ultra. Do you have to wait for a special moment to use your ultra when the revenge meter is maxed, or can you do it as soon as the revenge meter is full?
And I have difficulty with moves involving "charge".
As for characters, I am mostly using Ryu.
-
I'm trying to learn Fei Long
-
Yea I really love this game too. I personally would have enjoyed a more fleshed out story, but oh well.
Also, I find it really hard to do some of the moves. I still can't do an ultra. Do you have to wait for a special moment to use your ultra when the revenge meter is maxed, or can you do it as soon as the revenge meter is full?
And I have difficulty with moves involving "charge".
As for characters, I am mostly using Ryu.
You can pull off the Ultra as soon as the revenge bar turns red and says ULTRA, if you wait till it fills up all the way it adds an extra bit of damage to the Ultra combo. It's done exactly the same way as the Super combo but with all 3 punches (PPP) or kicks (KKK). The easiest way is to just bind one of the shoulder buttons to PPP or KKK.
The EX moves are done by just doing a regular move i.e. Hadoken but with more than one attack button. It uses one of your EX bars and gives the move a little extra umph.
The Focus attacks are a little trickier. They're basically meant as a counter-attack. When you press the two middle attacks (MP+MK) you go into the Focus stance, which will allow you to take one hit without being hindered. It's a lot like the alpha counter in Street Fighter Alpha 2.
All the characters with the charge moves play very similarly. It's just a different style. It's all about timing it right and charging with the right opportunities (while blocking, while delivering a combo etc.) Personally I prefer the Ryu/Ken style, but I enjoy taking Chun-Li for a spin every now and then.
Btw, Cammy is badass. I like a lot here compared to SSF2.
If you can get a good grip on C.Viper she can be deadly. She can connect her moves with most combos.
-
You can pull off the Ultra as soon as the revenge bar turns red and says ULTRA, if you wait till it fills up all the way it adds an extra bit of damage to the Ultra combo. It's done exactly the same way as the Super combo but with all 3 punches (PPP) or kicks (KKK). The easiest way is to just bind one of the shoulder buttons to PPP or KKK.
The EX moves are done by just doing a regular move i.e. Hadoken but with more than one attack button. It uses one of your EX bars and gives the move a little extra umph.
The Focus attacks are a little trickier. They're basically meant as a counter-attack. When you press the two middle attacks (MP+MK) you go into the Focus stance, which will allow you to take one hit without being hindered. It's a lot like the alpha counter in Street Fighter Alpha 2.
All the characters with the charge moves play very similarly. It's just a different style. It's all about timing it right and charging with the right opportunities (while blocking, while delivering a combo etc.) Personally I prefer the Ryu/Ken style, but I enjoy taking Chun-Li for a spin every now and then.
Btw, Cammy is badass. I like a lot here compared to SSF2.
If you can get a good grip on C.Viper she can be deadly. She can connect her moves with most combos.
Bro, I knew most of that, I just couldn't pull off the ultra combo, and now I know why.
This is VERY stupid, but when I read Ryu's ultra combo as twist right twist right Punch Punch Punch, I assumed it meant, I do the stick twisty thing twice and then hit punch three times quickly.
Imagine my frustration! So when I had a look at the button config, I noticed the shoulder button was set to High Punch + Middle Punch + Low Punch, and I slapped my head. LOL
Now I am able to pull of the ultra combos with ease. :)
Yea, I love this game. It is simple enough for those looking for causal fun, but with enough depth for those looking to invest time. And the art is all a labor of love.
OK, now I am going to do ultra combos for everyone haha.
-
For the costumes (which are just different colours) you have to do some of the Time-Attack and Survival challenges. I've unlocked 5 colours so far.
From what I've read here are the challenges you need to complete for each colour:
Color #3 Beat Time Attack Mode #1
Color #4 Beat Survival Mode #1
Color #5 Beat Time Attack Mode #6
Color #6 Beat Survival Mode #6
Color #7 Beat Time Attack Mode #11
Color #8 Beat Survival Mode #11
Color #9 Beat Time Attack Mode #16
Color #10 Beat Survival Mode #16
I was playing on Medium alla long but frickin' Seth is a real bitch to beat! The first round is always easy. I've tested on difficulties from Easiest to Hard, and the pattern is always the same: first round I kick the snot out of him, second and third rounds it's like he suddenly learned all the super moves!
I just realized one thing that is different from all the previous Street Fighters and that can be annoying as F*#$! Apparently special throws (which are special moves that are throws) like Zangief and Seth's moves, are unstoppable. They can catch you even when you're crouching, which was never possible in previous games. You can't block them, you cant crouch to avoid them, and worst of all they can interrupt a special move, a super combo, and even an ultra combo. If you're close enough for the grab you will be grabbed. Seth defeated in one round by just repeatedly doing that infuriating move (grabs me, throws me in the air, teleports and catches me, then slams me into the ground). Nothing I could do about it.
Aside from that, the game is true to its heritage.
Damn Xessive, you beat the game on medium with all 24 characters in 2 days? You must be some sort of SF4 master. :) I coming to Dubai to get my butt kicked. :P
All the grapplers are a bitch to take on. Seth and Zangief are REAL bitches! Especially Zangief, who really looks like some sort of a prison rapist in Street Fighter 4.
When he finishes the round in a tornado move and the game goes in slow mo, he looks really scary with his massive body and the hair on his chest, and him spinning like a ballerina.
I don't know if I've lost my childhood innocence, but I don't remember him looking quite so fruity in SF2.
edit:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/whats-your-beat-seth-on-medium-or-higher-strategy/231670/
edit:
FUCK! I beat the game on medium using Ryu, Rufus, Blanka, and Abel. Then I got to Crimson Viper, and four hours later, I still didn't manage. My obsessive personality kept me going, but I've now given up.
The game's only reasonable singleplayer difficulty when climbing the opponent tree is "medium", unfortunately Seth can be a real ass at that level.
-
So it turns out those costume DLC are already on the disc, what you're paying for is a key to unlock it. The costumes were already in the arcade version and you unlocked them there by playing a whole lot. I hate that kind of stuff.
It'll be interesting how that works on the PC. You can't really hide stuff like that on PC like you can on the consoles. I see it being hacked/unlocked fast.
-
So it turns out those costume DLC are already on the disc, what you're paying for is a key to unlock it. The costumes were already in the arcade version and you unlocked them there by playing a whole lot. I hate that kind of stuff.
It'll be interesting how that works on the PC. You can't really hide stuff like that on PC like you can on the consoles. I see it being hacked/unlocked fast.
The costumes I've unlocked are only colours.. They're not different costumes per se. Just recolours oif the basic costume. From what I saw the DLC costumes are different altogether. Like a new outfit, a new look etc.
Pug, I have yet to finsih the game with Zangief, Blanka, Balrog, and Dhalsim. Soon though. And there are 25 characters in the game ;) My top characters to use are Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Chun-Li, and Akuma (Akuma is really just a Ken+Ryu amalgamation). COme to think of I'm not too bad with Dan either, though his Ultra Taunt is a real waste of the revenge bar!
I have unlocked everyone but Gouekn and Seth (who gets unlocked automatically once you've unlocked Gouken). Apparently to unlock Gouken I need to play as Akuma and get 2 perfects and at least 3 Ultra finishes, and never lose a single round. He cuts in right after beating Seth.
I seriously need a proper Street Fighter gamepad to go on. The four buttons are feeling very limited right now.
Man, I frickin' love Street Fighter. Every once in a while we'll pull out the good ol' Sega Saturn and have a few runs in SF Alpha 2. The Saturn pad was the perfect Street Fighter pad.
-
So it turns out those costume DLC are already on the disc, what you're paying for is a key to unlock it. The costumes were already in the arcade version and you unlocked them there by playing a whole lot. I hate that kind of stuff.
It'll be interesting how that works on the PC. You can't really hide stuff like that on PC like you can on the consoles. I see it being hacked/unlocked fast.
Yeah, but at a buck a play unlocking the costumes became a very expensive venture in the arcade.
I mean you can probably fault Capcom for charging for something that's already on the disk. But hey, the people that want the costumes will buy them. The ones that do not, won't.
-
While thats sound logic, its still shitty. Bonus costumes used to just come with games, and now we all get nickle and dime'd to death for them. Used to buy the home version of arcade games *because* they contained more than the arcade, and you didn't have to constantly drop money into it.
-
Oh I get your point. And I'm definitely not pleased with it. But hell, I'm still just overwhelmingly happy that there's a new Street Fighter game.
-
I think the game's singleplayer thing is fine if you are looking to unlock on easy, but can be really fucking frustrating, if you are looking for a consistent challenge... still love it though. Some players are far easier to play with than others, at least for me.
The Luchador (forget his name), is really awesome. I can't say if he is brilliantly affective or anything, but he is a lot of fun to use, especially for someone who enjoys using Rey Mysterio in Smackdown heh. He is so bloody different than everyone else too.
Cammy and Viper are pretty fun in their own right, but I think Feiu Long (sp?) -- the Bruce Lee guy -- is pretty awesome too. I absolutely love his revenge finisher.
And Zengief can go into a pit and die.
The four buttons are feeling very limited right now.
Shoulder buttons/triggers?
While thats sound logic, its still shitty. Bonus costumes used to just come with games, and now we all get nickle and dime'd to death for them. Used to buy the home version of arcade games *because* they contained more than the arcade, and you didn't have to constantly drop money into it.
Yea, I wouldn't mind having those, but I'd never pay for them.
-
Using shoulder buttons and triggers is not the ay to go for Street Fighter. It's like driving with your feet. The four face buttons (A,B,X,Y or O,X,^,[]) are too limited. The game needs 6 buttons up front, hence why the Sega Saturn pad was frickin' awesome, in fact the MadCatz pads resemble it. I gotta get a couple of them.
I haven't seen any of the DLC in the PSN Store yet.
Regarding the costumes and extra content it is kinda shitty that it's all swept away in the microtransaction wave. One of the worst games for that Soul Calibur IV. You could actually unlock a lot of the stuff by playing the game (it's already in the game) or actually pay for getting an unlock key (which I think is kinda retarded). They also eventually added additonal costumes that weren't in the game which you could buy. Then they went the extra mile and made Yoda (PS3) or Darth Vader (X360), who were already in the game, available only through buying the unlock for $4.99. Kinda shitty if you ask me.
I was worried SF4 would go the same way but I'm glad it didn't entirely. All the characters are in the game, you just have to earn them.
-
PC version due this summer. (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57444)
Of course this is Capcom and I'm still waiting for Age of Booty...so who knows. Also the delay is funny since the original arcade version ran on what is basically a Windows PC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X#Taito_Type_X.C2.B2).
-
I'm still tempted to get the PC version just because. It would be awesome to see more fighters come out for it. The main impediment is the fact that I still have a small, non-widescreen monitor. Boo.
-
It would be great to get more fighters on PC (well, more legal fighters. Emulation FTW), but this delay will only hurt SF4 PC sales unless they have some trick up their sleeve.
Capcom explains the delay. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2009/02/22/lies_damn_lies) Not sure how much I buy that. Even if true, its still a bad idea to delay the release for so long.
-
You link explains that Capcom *doesn't* explain the delay.
-
I think Idol was being sarcastic :P
I'm seriously considering SF4 for the PC primarily coz I already have a good pad for it!
-
well there's a rumor that the pc version might come bundled with a madcatz stick. don't know how much stock i'd put into this one...
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/27/sfiv-tiger-uppercuts-pc-this-summer-may-include-mad-catz-fighti/
-
I would buy that in a heartbeat.
I can see that happening purely because publishers dislike releasing fighters on the PC because computers by default don't come with joysticks. I can really see that happening.
-
I'll probably end up buying it on PC as well. I imagine that most of the hardcores will migrate to PC once it's released.
-
I'd love the bundle but only if it's with a pad, not the arcade stick. Never really been a fan of the stick.
With this (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-49-en-70-cj4.html) possibility, I'm seriously tempted to get the PC version anyway.
It's also available for the PS2 (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-49-en-70-imb.html), which I'd love for my Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.
-
Dude, a PC Saturn pad? Awesome!
-
Dude, a PC Saturn pad? Awesome!
It blew my frickin' mind!
I stumbled across some Saturn pads that were opened up and rewired with a USB cable. They're all over eBay apparently, but it just seems too sketchy.
-
Stop showing me awesome things I can't afford to buy. Though I see they're sold out, so I guess it doesn't matter! But I wonder what they cost before they sold out?
-
Goddamn Chun Li is fucking awesome. I love the fact that her super and ultra combos begin with her backing away... and I love the fact that she jumps nearly the entire screen forward when you start her ultra combo; it makes her ultra a sure hit!
I also love how they've animated Chun Li. She has a nice heart shaped face... though her thighs are so massive that even a black man would reconsider dating her. Seriously though, the game looks like it was made with a lot of love.
I hate using this word, but there is a real endearing quality to this game.
-
I believe the Sega Saturn USB controller was around $25-$30 USD. Apparently it works on the PS3 too!
And it automatically maps the buttons this way:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3109/2832578254_849b34d704_o.jpg)
Goddamn Chun Li is fucking awesome. I love the fact that her super and ultra combos begin with her backing away... and I love the fact that she jumps nearly the entire screen forward when you start her ultra combo; it makes her ultra a sure hit!
I also love how they've animated Chun Li. She has a nice heart shaped face... though her thighs are so massive that even a black man would reconsider dating her. Seriously though, the game looks like it was made with a lot of love.
I hate using this word, but there is a real endearing quality to this game.
Chun Li is hot man. I am a sucker for Thunderthighs!
Her moves are great but I'm still so used to the Chun Li from SF Alpha.. She had a rising attack (kinda like Ken and Ryu's dragon punch). I'll bear with the Spinning Bird Kick, good combos.
You're endearing.
-
Nice controller.
Does that work on the PC?
-
Nice controller.
Does that work on the PC?
The USB edition is for PC/Mac originally.
Out of curiosity I plugged my Cordless Rumblepad 2 into the PS3 and son'o'my bitch it worked!! It bound all the buttons properly too!
So, to all those people who bitched about the PS3 controller being rechargable as opposed to battery-operated, Sony put up a shutup. I prefer the d-pad on my Logitech anyway! I am one step closer to gamepad awesomeness.
One more reason to love the mighty PS3.
I'm curious if any of the older generation USB pads will work too.
-
You didn't know it worked? I thought it was common knowledge. :P :P
-
Do you even read threads before you post in them?
-
No.. Well, it was 4 a.m. here when I posted! I haven't slept and I was amazed! Plus y'all should know by now I'm easily amused!
-
Do you even read threads before you post in them?
X pulled a MyD.
-
Hang on.. I'm wide awake now.. I just went through the whole thread and there's no mention of Logitech PC controllers working on the PS3. I mentioned that the Saturn USB pad works on the PS3, which is what got me to plug in my Logitech.
I already knew that USB mice and keyboards work no problem, just not in games (except UT3).
Anyway, back to SF4. I just unlocked Gouken finally. I also played my first few online matches! It was laggy as heck, and I can never find any decent connections but it was still awesome.
-
Haha sorry X, that was totally my bad. I thought I was replying directly to MyD's earlier question about whether or not the controller worked on PC, despite the giant "PC" on the picture and numerous mentions of it being a PC pad.
-
Haha sorry X, that was totally my bad. I thought I was replying directly to MyD's earlier question about whether or not the controller worked on PC, despite the giant "PC" on the picture and numerous mentions of it being a PC pad.
Hahaha no worries :P Totally had me doubting myself! hehe
I think for the PS3 the best option will probably be the SF4 FightsPad. According to several Asia shopping sites the pads should be around here (Middle East) some time this month.
Que, have you tested any other USB peripherals with the PS3?
-
Haha sorry X, that was totally my bad. I thought I was replying directly to MyD's earlier question about whether or not the controller worked on PC, despite the giant "PC" on the picture and numerous mentions of it being a PC pad.
So MyD pulled a MyD then....
*slaps self upside the forehead*
I see that now, in the lower-left hand corner of the pic...
The controller reminds me a lot of the old Sega Genesis 6-button controller, which I thought was great for old classic Genesis games that had that kind of set-up -- i.e. Street Fighter 2 and MK games.
-
So MyD pulled a MyD then....
*slaps self upside the forehead*
I see that now, in the lower-left hand corner of the pic...
The controller reminds me a lot of the old Sega Genesis 6-button controller, which I thought was great for old classic Genesis games that had that kind of set-up -- i.e. Street Fighter 2 and MK games.
Ha! In yo' face MyDsicle! :P
Yeah, it's based on it. That is actually the Japanese style of the Staurn pad which was later adopted to the US 2nd edition Saturn. The original US Saturn pad is the one I prefer though mainly becaause its d-pad is smooth and doesn't get your thumb all raw. As a Street Fighter player it's a critical distinction.
-
Que, have you tested any other USB peripherals with the PS3?
You know, I really haven't. Thus far I just haven't had any reason to.
-
sf4 training manual now available for download - this is the thing they sent out with review copies.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/02/27/sfiv_training_manual
-
Got my stick today. Some comparison shots:
All of my sticks
[SPOILER](http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4474/img0917.jpg)[/SPOILER]
Top Down
[SPOILER](http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1542/img0922w.jpg)[/SPOILER]
The flap that will inevitably break
[SPOILER](http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/752/img0924.jpg)[/SPOILER]
Hand on the stick, for a point of reference
[SPOILER](http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4407/img0925j.jpg)[/SPOILER]
All in all I like the stick. Very solid, heavy, and will probably stand up to a lot of use. Worth 150? I don't know. I don't think you could put something comparable together for much cheaper.
-
Oooh the SF FightStick is the sexiest by far! Dude, you have massive hands! haha Of course I could be misinterpreting the scale :D
I haven't got the FightPad yet but I've been checking out some YouTube videos and reviews of it. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be! In the pictures it looks like it's about the size of a Saturn pad but in the vids it's clearly a lot bigger! One guy compared it with the X360 pad and it's about the same height but wider. I think it's close to the original Xbox pad. Still I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Here are a couple of reference shots I found:
[spoiler](http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gamedaily.com/gear/media/2009/01/chun-li-fight-pad-front.jpg)[/spoiler]
Here's a comparison with the X360, PS3, and the Sega Saturn pad for PS2:
[spoiler](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/3072388914_e5504ef64f_b.jpg)[/spoiler]
EDIT:
I like your spiler tag idea K-MaN ;D It'll help the 56kers :P
EDIT2:
There is one minor thing about the SF4 FightPad that I don't like, which the original FightPad did right. The two buttons they brought to the front are R1 and R2 (or RB and RT for X360). Which means that they moved the L2 (LT) button over to the right. Kinda doesn't make sense.
The original FighPad had moved L1 and R1 to the front keeping L2 and R2 in their respective shoulder positions. Sorta like the USB Saturn pad (except it shifted the L2 and R2 buttons).
-
I just noticed something that's kinda odd.. In Arcade mode, each character is not set to their own location.. The location comes up randomly. It's not a major problem or anything but it would make more sense if each location was dependant on who you were fighting against.
-
Yeah, no one has a true "location" except Seth
-
Those sticks look really cool, though I still prefer the pad:
Everyone agrees, FUCK SETH:
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/BahamutZero/f-ck-you-seth-122170.phtml
Seriously broken.
hahaha:
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=fuck+seth
and:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/streetfighteriv/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48199280&pid=943712&page=1
http://www.capcom-europe.com/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=2214
http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?s=96e69ff99614f6555987e849bf2a1970&t=5964
-
That kinda sucks about the locations becasue it also affects the music. I like to hear each character's theme playing when I enter their zone. It only happens with the Rivals so far.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's pissed off about the unavoidable grabs.
Anyway, I found an easy way to beat Seth! Play Arcade with 1 round matches. Since I always kick his ass in the first round but get my ass handed to me in the second and third, it's no problem if the whole match is just one round.
-
Nah. If you play a 1 round match, then he plays as if he is playing the second round. He does all his mad moves.
-
Nah. If you play a 1 round match, then he plays as if he is playing the second round. He does all his mad moves.
I haven't noticed so far. I've been able to finsih the game on Medium with no continues once I set it to 1 round.
I'm getting a better handle on charge-move character like Guile and Chun-Li. I can now pull of some decent combos. Guile's super and ultra combos are a little quirky though.
Online play is a lot of fun! I wish I was getting better latency but it's still playable. It's amusing to kick ass in Street Fighter internationally :D I have had my ass kicked too, which is part of the fun. It's too bad that there are no rematches on Ranked matches though.
-
Yea in the first round he doesn't do any of his special uppercuts, or that "BECOME A PART OF ME" ultra move, or the Zengief powerbomb grapples... He does those in the second round once you beat him once.
But if you set it to one round, he does all those moves right off the starting mark.
Sometimes you get lucky.
The first time I played Seth at Medium, I kicked his ass in two rounds with Ryu. Then the next three characters I tried, I beat him within 30 minutes each time.
But then I ran into hell with some of the characters. So frustrating.
Yea, latency sucks massively. My problem is that my account is set in Canada, so I keep facing North American players and my ping sucks.
-
Create a new account in the Asia or Europe region. On PS3 I have 3 active accounts (one for NA, one for Asia, and one for Europe). My Asia accoutn is my main one, the others are just in case and to access their respective stores.
It's so frickin' retarded how everything is restricted by location and you can't change your location! Suppose you move!
Oh I also discovered that the STreet Fighter IV save file is the only one that cannot be duplicated or backed up. That sucks royally. Suppose something happens to the PS3 or I get a new HD! It sucks that it won't let me back it up at all! The least they can do to compensate is make it so I can store my saves online and access them on my account from anywhere!
-
On May 1st, the exact (summer) release date for SF4 PC will be announced. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173811)
-
How times have changed. Now there is an announcement announcing an announcement.
-
How times have changed. Now there is an announcement announcing an announcement.
I know haha WTF?!
-
You'd figure they'd just announce the damn release date,,,,
-
SF4 PC version will use G4WL for its Multiplayer portion. (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/28/pc-version-of-street-fighter-iv-to-feature-games-for-windows-liv/)
-
so, I picked it up today. I'm really digging it. It seems really freaking hard though. Seth, is a bastard!!
-
SF4 PC Version requirements revealed (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47121/Street-Fighter-IV-PC-System-Requirements-Revealed)
Street Fighter IV PC System Requirements Revealed
May 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Andrew Burnes - 6 Comments
Capcom sent over the minimum and recommended system requirements for the forthcoming Street Fighter IV PC release:
Minimum:
OS: Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher
RAM: 1GB or higher
HDD: 10GB of free space or more
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series or higher; ATI Radeon X1600 with 256MB or higher VRAM
Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard
Maximum:
OS: Windows Vista
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or higher
RAM: 2GB or higher
HDD: 10GB of free space or more
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or higher; ATI Radeon X1900 or higher, with 512MB or higher VRAM
Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
Input Devices: Gamepad (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
-
PC version comes out soon, and I found some interesting new. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/14548723/The_Million_dollar_question_DRM_for_RE5_and_SF_IV)
I'll keep this short and sweet: SecuROM continues to be a long term partner of ours. That's not going to change. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a technology, SecuROM is great. It's how some of our competitors have opted to apply that technology and communicate it that has been ill advised. We've always been less restrictive (more concurrent installs, revokes automatically upon uninstall, revoke tool always available, no phone homes after initial activation). We've raised the install limit on Flock (which you called out) to 100 on Steam. Why would anyone need more than 100 concurrent installs?
For SFIV PC:
The retail DRM will be disc-based SecuROM (not network authenticated this time). It will require you to have the disc in the tray to play.
Digitally, the DRM will vary from portal to portal. If you don't want SecuROM's network authentication mechanisms, Steam will use its own DRM, Impulse will use it's GOO DRM. Direct2Drive, Metaboli, Gametap, GamersGate, Capcom's Estore, Nvidia.com will all be using SecuROM's network authentication.
In this particular case, you the consumer can decide what you prefer and purchase accordingly.
So SF4 will use GOO on Impulse. Pretty awesome. Now if we could get them to rerelease Age of Booty with it...
-
For SFIV PC:
The retail DRM will be disc-based SecuROM (not network authenticated this time). It will require you to have the disc in the tray to play.
Great!
Digitally, the DRM will vary from portal to portal. If you don't want SecuROM's network authentication mechanisms, Steam will use its own DRM, Impulse will use it's GOO DRM.
Great!
Direct2Drive, Metaboli, Gametap, GamersGate, Capcom's Estore, Nvidia.com will all be using SecuROM's network authentication.
No thanks.
-
Huh, I didnt catch that the first time I read it. If the retail copies are just the disc check like Fallout 3 had, then I'm ok with that.
-
Huh, I didnt catch that the first time I read it. If the retail copies are just the disc check like Fallout 3 had, then I'm ok with that.
I really don't want to DL 10 GB or so of stuff here at full-price costs.
That'll take a good deal of time to DL.
I'd rather have stuff of that size or bigger on disc.
-
Yeah, if it's just a disc check I might even consider picking it up. But now that BlazBlue is out, probably not.
-
I hate disc checks. I'd rather have one time online activations. They are far more convenient.
-
SF4 PC Review from Gamespot
9.0 from GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/streetfighteriv/review.html)
Offline and Online with GFWL
Street Fighter IV supports both online and offline multiplayer modes, though cross-platform play with consoles is not available. In offline play, you'll be able to go head-to-head with a second player using your unlocked characters. Online is handled through the Games For Windows LIVE service and registers and runs without a hitch. For matches you'll be given the choice between friendly player matches, ranked games, or Championship mode. Winning ranked matches awards you battle points, which are used to both show off your prowess and help with the matchmaking process. Patched in after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Street Fighter IV shipped (and also available on those platforms), Championship mode adds online play with a tournament-style knockout system. The ranking system means you'll only fight against players of roughly the same skill level as you accrue points and progress through a mock round system on the way to a final showdown.
If you're after the true arcade experience, you can toggle online competitive challenge mode on and off to work with single-player. Just as you would expect in an arcade, if you're battling the CPU and someone issues a challenge, your game will pause and you'll automatically accept the invitation. Once the game has finished and you leave the multiplayer lobby, you'll restart your offline game where you were. You can set it to Player, Ranked or Championship matches as per your preference.
We played online against opponents with both strong and weak connections, and even at slightly less than full connection strength, you'll receive an offline-like, seamless fighting experience. Poorer connections are more akin to a slide show, although we did manage to find games with supposedly poor connections that played quite well.
Performance & Graphics
The PC version of SFIV manages to ratchet up the already-gorgeous visuals a couple of notches over its console counterparts by offering resolutions up to 1920x1200, as well as selectable shader and antialiasing options to suit your PC's capabilities. Three new "extra touch" visuals--ink, watercolour, and posterization--add visual effects to your character and the environment. This includes the ability to add thicker borders, though it's purely cosmetic and doesn't alter gameplay. These settings aside, the visuals are almost indistinguishable from those on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, and the frame rate is solid even during the most frenetic battles.
Controls
Unsurprisingly, the PC game includes support for Microsoft's Xbox 360 controllers and handles identically to its console brethren. The analog sticks are easy to use for performing ultra moves, though the Microsoft controller's D pad leaves plenty to be desired. Keyboard play or a mixture of keyboard and pad are supported, and while serviceable in a pinch, it's certainly not our preference for serious play. Button layouts for pad and keyboard can both be mapped to your tastes. Your best bet, of course, is to invest in a good arcade stick or one of the controllers designed specifically for this game. While not available in all territories, bundles with gamepads and a copy of the game are available from many retailers.
-
Gamestop has new 360 copies for 20$ (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=71572), just ordered one.
-
Still $70 in Canada. Still waiting for a price drop.
-
Gamestop has new 360 copies for 20$ (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=71572), just ordered one.
Good deal, for 360 owners.
I wonder when PC will drop to that kind of price -- or if it'll get that kind of sale.
I think SF4 -- given the amount of 360 owners -- would've really benefited from PC/360 X-Platform Play.
-
PS3 is $20 as well, but you'll have to head to a store to get it. That's... tempting enough.
-
I spent some time with it tonight, meh, definitely not my kind of fighter. Much more technical than I thought it would be, there's definitely a system to learn with counters and focus attacks and the learning curve feels extremely steep to me, I got royally trounced by the computer for quite a bit and it was a struggle to get all the way to Seth and then with Seth I just laughed at the ridiculous stupidity of that character and quit. I could try to learn it, but when playing it I just wasnt having any fun, it was just a ridiculous exercise in patience and thats all that Im going to get out of it if I try to teach myself. It just felt it really unwelcoming to me, and I thought I really liked Street Fighter, I guess Im not hardcore enough to get into the meat of this one. Its a bit of a shame since the game looks really stunning, I just love how everyone animates with vibrant effects and colors.
-
Yeah, that's kind of how I feel too. The gameplay seems less offensive, you have to bide your time a bit more, and it can almost feel a little too passive depending on who you're playing, since sometimes both parties seem unwilling to really commit. The presentation is definitely fantastic, but I feel like I get a lot more out of BlazBlue for the time I put in. Like... I guess it feels like it flows a bit more naturally, and I feel like I can pick it up faster and make better sense of it. Maybe I've just been playing GG for so long that I'm used to a different dynamic, I don't know. Because I suck really bad at SF HD Remix, too.
Granted, I still don't own this, but I think I've played enough now to realize that I don't need to.
-
It's a lot less convoluted than SF3.
-
Yea, and I don't deny that its an excellent fighting game. I think Im going to give it another shot tonight and play the game on the easiest setting to make myself feel better.
-
Pyro I don't think I'm any better at fighting games than you are, but aside from Seth and for whatever reason Zangief I never had problems on Medium. The focus attacks, counters, etc are there for you to use, but I don't think they're entirely necessary to be able to win on the lower levels.
What you need to do first is just go through easy mode, one rounds, and unlock everyone. If I had a 360 stick we'd try and play some online.
-
Wow, you had no problems on normal? I played it on easy and its brutal, Sagat is nearly impossible. I totally suck at this game.
-
Medium difficulty is fine for me, even Hard is ok (Very Hard is where I begin to really struggle). The one problem I have is Seth on Medium. That second round pisses me off so much. I can handle almost anything but the his throw move which, like Zangief's throw, can interrupt moves, supers, and ultras. It can also grab you when you're crouching. It's not very often that I can get aggravated in a game, but this does it.
-
I didn't find Seth nearly as aggravating as say, any of the Dead or Alive bosses.
-
Soul Calibur IV's Tower got pretty frustrating after the 10th floor. But in SF4 it's just something about Seth that bugs me even more. Maybe his smug attitude.
-
I dont even get aggravated at Seth, since he breaks the rules of the game, nor do I want to attempt beating him if he becomes a problem. I can get to Seth, but thats it, Ill quit after getting to him. I dont see the point of beating this game unless I have a god mode which would bring me up to Seth's level but that just takes away the fun. Its complete bad game design if you ask me.
-
Street Fighter 4 PC is 50% off its normal price.
It's only $20 on Steam this weekend (http://store.steampowered.com/app/21660/)
-
Looks like Street Fighter 4 might be getting a new "Championship Edition" or some sort of sequel of some kind... (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/19/shoryuken-expect-a-street-fighter-iv-sequel/)
It's not often that we get to post a breaking news, stop-the-presses kind of story about an impending sequel to a beloved franchise. Of course, that adage doesn't really apply to Street Figher, a series with more sequels and spin-offs than the Joystiq staff has fingers and toes. On the Japanese Street Fighter IV blog, Capcom's Natsuki Shiozawa intimated that an announcement regarding a sequel would be made in the near future. With TGS only a week away, we can only hope that such an announcement will be made then.
IGN quite rightly notes that an SFIV "sequel" doesn't necessarily equate to a brand new entry in the series. Given the series' history, it's easily possible that it could end up being an extension of the game, à la Street Fighter II Championship Edition. We might add that an SFIV refresh would be perfect for the impending holiday shopping season.
-
Maybe the next version of SF4 is "Super Street Fighter 4?" (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176250)
'Super Street Fighter 4' Announcement Coming Monday?
Mysterious picture seems to show T. Hawk in Street Fighter 4, and a logo which may include the word "super."
By Kris Pigna, 09/27/2009
Capcom's Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog has been teasing big news about the game for some time now, and thankfully, it looks like it might not be something as disappointing as a sequel to an arcade stick. A mysterious picture posted on GamePro Germany's website (relayed by EventHubs, via Kotaku) shows what definitely looks like T. Hawk in Street Fighter 4, suggesting a new iteration of the popular fighting game.
You can get a better look in the blown up image below at what certainly seems to be none other than a SF4-rendered T. Hawk. On top of that, you can also see in the regular-sized image, in the bottom-right corner, what looks like the Street Fighter 4 logo superimposed on top of a big S, indicating it could very well be the logo for Super Street Fighter 4.
And tying all this speculation together? A post on Capcom's Twitter page, where they respond to a fan's question about a potential announcement by saying "maybe Monday."
It all seems to be adding up nicely, so let's all cross our fingers and see what happens tomorrow.
(http://media.1up.com/media?id=3759387&type=lg)
(http://media.1up.com/media?id=3759388&type=lg)
-
Its true! (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60652)
-
Ok, thankfully it's being treated as an expansion.
Wow, 8 new characters? I was expecting only 4 as with the previous SUPER editions.
-
Okay, so we know what's up w/ the console version...
So, are there 8 characters and balances and tweaks getting released as DLC on the PC or something?
-
I'd say it will come as a standalone disc and DLC.
-
I'd say it will come as a standalone disc and DLC.
That'd be fine..
I'm sure people who bought SF4 already wouldn't mind just say paying for the Super Edition as DLC (to get the new characters, tweaks, balances, etc), just so they don't have to re-buy the game on disc and all.
-
I'm glad they're not pulling a Halo: ODST on us.
-
I'm glad they're not pulling a Halo: ODST on us.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if down the line -- you know, when Microsoft wants to put another Halo game out for a short-time as a X360 Exclusive (for like 2-3 years) -- Microsoft decides to late release Halo 3: Complete Edition for the PC, which would contain Halo 3 + ODST.
-
Super SF4 producer wants to add more MP modes, more characters, and other features to Super SF4. (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/08/super-street-fighter-iv-producer-wants-to-expand-online-mode-ad/)
In an interview with Famitsu, Super Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono did a lot of hinting, but didn't really offer any specifics about the new Street Fighter IV update. For example, he declined to explain what's going on with the changed Ultra Combo gauge, though Famitsu speculates the mark in the middle is a Roman numeral I, to denote the first of multiple meters filling. However, there's still enough information to be interesting in Andriasang's translated synopsis.
Ono said he wanted to expand online play, to more closely approximate the excitement of being at a tournament. Online match viewing is something Ono hopes to add to the game, making Street Fighter more of a spectator sport. He also said he wanted to augment the Replay Viewer feature in some way.
As for the most noticeable new addition to Super -- the new characters -- don't expect Juri to be the only original character among a bunch of old Street Fighter series also-rans. Ono said he wanted to add more original characters who, like C. Viper, are at "the borderline of what fans might accept" using unusual fighting styles.
-
Great, SF4 PC version won't even boot-up for me....WTH?
Anyone?
Crashes on the boot-up every time.
I even reinstalled G4WL (w/ its newest version), so that ain't the issue...
EDIT:
Updated DirectX - nope, that didn't get it going, either.
*Keeps trying stuff and gonna bang head on the wall some more!!!*
-
OK is it giving you some sort of a message when it is crashing? Describe the process.
-
Had a quick look on Google, and looks like a lot of people had the same issue. Describe the crashing process and hopefully we can sort this out for you buddy. :)
edit:
D, are you running a crack? Looks like the game will crash at startup if you are running a crack. Try reinstalling and playing without any cracks etc. Are you using the one on Steam?
-
Had a quick look on Google, and looks like a lot of people had the same issue. Describe the crashing process and hopefully we can sort this out for you buddy. :)
edit:
D, are you running a crack? Looks like the game will crash at startup if you are running a crack. Try reinstalling and playing without any cracks etc. Are you using the one on Steam?
I've Googled and looked all over - looked on Capcom boards; Steam boards; GameSpot; etc; all over the place.
Running Securom disc-based retail version -- bought it at Best Buy (see my BB Thread on games $20 off). SF4 Benchmark Tool that you DL actually won't boot, either -- and I'm way above the specs.
Oddly enough, Res Evil 5's Benchmark Tool runs, but it runs like crap.
I've updated also my NVidia drivers -- still, nothing. This is almost as bad as Bully PC.
No details -- but All SF4 PC does when it crashes is give you the usual "Sorry for the inconveince that StreetFighterIV.exe has crashed" type of thing you get when any application crashes. I looked at the details -- but Hexidecimal is like Greek to me. And no, I don't speak Greek.
Wanna hear something funny? Hell, I actually got Prototype going on here my old rig -- and its specs are MUCH higher than SF4's. Though, the sound in the FMV's is jittery, sound's fine when in-game.
-
I've justed reinstalled and tested out SF4 on my PC. With and without a crack it runs quite well.
This us purely speculation, D, the crash error you're having sounds a lot like a GFWL related problem. Since it's crashing on boot, which is when LIVE is loading up. I was having a very similar issue with Fallout 3 when I first got it, which is why I was using the LIVE bypass dll.
Have you installed the full GFW Live v3.0? It should be about 30MB, try searching for "GFW LIVE v3.0 QFE1"
Ever since I installed that version I've had no trouble with GFWL.
-
This us purely speculation, D, the crash error you're having sounds a lot like a GFWL related problem. Since it's crashing on boot, which is when LIVE is loading up. I was having a very similar issue with Fallout 3 when I first got it, which is why I was using the LIVE bypass dll.
Have you installed the full GFW Live v3.0? It should be about 30MB, try searching for "GFW LIVE v3.0 QFE1"
Yup, I sure do have G4WL 3.0.
If I boot up G4WL V3.0 by itself, no problems what-so-ever. It connects and all.
-
Cross platform releases are getting less attractive by the day on the PC.
-
Cross platform releases are getting less attractive by the day on the PC.
This is what I'm thinking. I was digging through Google, and of the three games I bought -- I read there are sound issues and FMV issues exist for PC version of Street Fighter 4 (installed), Prototype (installed), Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (ain't installed that yet). And all of these games -- you got it -- are both on the PC and 360. Even people even w/ strong killer PC's have them --- ummmm...WTF?
But also, after yesterday, all of a sudden now, I'm ALSO having all kinds of troubles w/ even more of my games now, as of last nite -- having sound card driver issues -- RealTek AC 97 integrated sound card -- it looks like. My guess -- this is maybe what's suddenly nerfing my games?
Suddenly, Dead Space and Gothic 3 -- sounds that normally would play are either not playing at all OR are just stuttering when they do play; though gameplay and frame-rate still remains fine, oddly enough. In Prototype, in-game gameplay -- sounds are fine. Cut-scene FMV's -- forget it, the sounds stutter like a son of a gun -- I had the cut-scene FMV issues before my sound card drivers went a little wonky, though, I must say.
I might have to reinstall these RT AC97 sound card drivers, I'm thinking. Actually, a better question -- I've been digging through Google, but for those who are w/ that sound card, do you all know what the newest drivers are for this card?
And oh yeah -- if y'all actually don't use RealTek AC97, what do you have for sound cards? And have you run into any nasty issues or not w/ that sound-card w/ particular games or anything?
EDIT:
So I did nothing to my PC -- changed no sound card drivers or nothing. I booted up Gothic 3 this morn' -- yeah, my sound's okay now -- playing all the sounds it should be. Yeah, who the hell knows anymore w/ PC's, these days and age. *shrug* LOL.
-
I've played all three of those games on my PC and they all ran rather impressively. I'm betting I'm the exception.
-
I've played all three of those games on my PC and they all ran rather impressively. I'm betting I'm the exception.
Damn, bro -- give me some of your luck! :)
-
Damn, bro -- give me some of your luck! :)
Crap, I think I jinxed myself! Will confirm after testing some games.
In my case, I had recently formatted and had a fresh install of GFWL v3, without upgrading from a previous version. Could that be a factor?
-
Crap, I think I jinxed myself! Will confirm after testing some games.
In my case, I had recently formatted and had a fresh install of GFWL v3, without upgrading from a previous version. Could that be a factor?
You know what I should do?
Test other G4WL games -- see if they boot.
I don't feel like installing any other games, though. I put in SF4 and Prototype yesterday. Plus, I do need to finish some stuff I already have.
Eh, maybe when I'm in more of an adventurous mood, I'll install a G4WL based game.
-
Cody, Guy, Adon all confirmed for Super SF4. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/final-fight-characters-appear-in-ssfi)
-
YES!! Guy is back in! Frickin' awesome!!
-
4 spots are blank in the Super SF4 character selection screen.
So, there might be a total of 10 characters being added to Super SF4 (that were NOT in SF4 Original). (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177407)
-
Meh... I played and enjoyed the hell out of SFIV on the 360. Really can't justify buying SSFIV for a some new characters.
-
I suck at this game on PC.
-
As long as I've got a good d-pad I can enjoy the game on any platform. I will most likely get my hands on SSFIV.
EDIT:
Speaking of good d-pads, Mad Catz's new Modern Warfare 2 controller (http://gizmodo.com/5356494/mad-catzs-modern-warfare-2-controllers-look-downright-badass) looks to have a great d-pad compared to the basic X360 one.
(http://videogamesrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/modern-warfare-xbox-360-pad-300x300.jpg)
-
Yeah, I don't think it's the D-pad for me...I think it's just lack of ability.
-
Since it's now working and whatnot on my PC - yeah, this SF4 PC game kicks ass.
Especially online against other players.
-
Here's a trailer showing off the supers for 2 of the new fighters. (http://www.giantbomb.com/ssf4-ken-vs-adon-cody-vs-ryu/17-1850/) The end of the trailer also shows why I can't enjoy the games. Ryu throws a fireball then after Cody triggers his special... you then watch the fireball travel right through Cody as he finishes off Ryu. At that point I would have thrown my controller shattering it into a thousand pieces. How the fuck can you play a game with attack priority so out of whack!?
-
I haven't seen it yet, but that doesn't make sense. I have interrupted tons of specials... at least that's what I remember. Hmmm...
-
I just don't get it... (http://wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1069286p1.html)
-
I just don't get it... (http://wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1069286p1.html)
Same here.
-
And Que makes 3.
-
And Que makes 3.
How about they just find a freakin' port to plug your X360 controller into?
Then again - the controller will be bigger than the phone. :X
This is just...crazy...
-
Just seems silly to do it on this and not the PSP where you won't have virtual buttons and your thumbs covering half the screen.
-
Just seems silly to do it on this and not the PSP where you won't have virtual buttons and your thumbs covering half the screen.
Good point.
-
The world keeps getting weirder.
-
This weekend only...
SF4 PC is $19.99 to buy-to-download on both...
Microsoft's G4WL Games on Demand Service AND Stardock's Impulse. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178238)
-
Super SF4 is coming to Arcades.
PC version is more likely to take place than it was before - since arcade version runs on Win XP. (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63146)
-
so anyone else pick up super yet?
-
Even if they don't release an official PC version, I'm sure people will work to hack it to run on PCs like they did with BlazBlue.
-
I played the hell out of it, but have no interest in buying it again for some new chars.
-
Even if they don't release an official PC version, I'm sure people will work to hack it to run on PCs like they did with BlazBlue.
What's to hack?
The arcade version of Super SF4 runs on a freaking Win XP PC. :o
(See Reply 211 in this thread.)
They just need to release SSF4 here - even as a re-release pack, b/c I'll eventually pick it up...when it drops to $10, since I already own SF4.
-
Street Fighter fan made film. (http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/215135/street-fighter-legacys-next-step/) Pretty cheesy, but well made nonetheless.
-
Street Fighter fan made film. (http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/215135/street-fighter-legacys-next-step/) Pretty cheesy, but well made nonetheless.
Dude, that looks awesome for a fan film! ;D
Good job with casting too :P
-
Bluesnews -> Ono says it's likely Super SF4 PC will not happen... (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=114414)
...Even though he say Super SF4 PC is done b/c the Arcade version runs off a Win XP PC machine.
Seriously - WTH? Just release the game through digital services i.e. Impulse and use Goo; use Steamworks DRM from Steam; or something to at least combat piracy to some extent - like most companies do. They ain't gonna combat ALL forms of piracy - that's impossible.
Is Capcom crazy? I mean, hell - they are bringing Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2 here to the PC...so, WTH? :o
-
Speaking of SSFIV, there will apparently be a Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition featuring two more favourites from SF3 Yun & Yang (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-yun-super-street/704942).
-
W/ Capcom admitting they got Super SF4 PC done and not sure if they gonna release it due to piracy, I'm waiting for someone to hack Super SF4 Arcade (which runs on a Win XP PC) and just release it on the freakin' Torrents....
Hell - if that all of the above stuff does happen - it may force Capcom's hand to just release Super SF4 PC. Who the hell knows.
Capcom's silly for thinking of not releasing this on the PC, if they do so - they could probably sell well on Steam, Impulse and Gamersgate w/ this one, even if it gets pirated to Hell and back...
EDIT:
Speaking of SSFIV, there will apparently be a Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition featuring two more favourites from SF3 Yun & Yang (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-yun-super-street/704942).
Ooooh, very cool. :)
-
Well, its not "done" for PC. Its just the arcade hardware is pretty much a WinXP PC in a cabinet. There would still be some work involed in finishing it up to work in a non-arcade environment (like graphics options, support for more input devices, network play?).
I also think its kind of silly to not release a PC version seeing as how its 99% done anyway. I can see a delay, and not announcing it well ahead of time. Give people that would be tempted to pirate it on PC a chance to go buy on consoles (or pirate it on consoles, natch). But from everything I've heard SF4 did quite well on PC, despite the piracy. They are basically leaving money on the table if they don't release an official SSF4. Because as D noted, that arcade hardware was cracked so its only a matter of time before people will be playing it on PC anyway. Its up to Capcom if some of those people are given a chance to pay for a legit copy instead of 100% piracy.
-
Well, its not "done" for PC. Its just the arcade hardware is pretty much a WinXP PC in a cabinet. There would still be some work involed in finishing it up to work in a non-arcade environment (like graphics options, support for more input devices, network play?).
Well, hell, it's gonna be close, Idol...
How much more do they really need to do w/ it, since it runs on a Win XP-like PC in a cabinet? :o
I'm sure it can't run any worse than some games that officially run on a PC. I mean, really - how much different would Super SF4 PC run compared to SF4 Original Edition PC?
I also think its kind of silly to not release a PC version seeing as how its 99% done anyway. I can see a delay, and not announcing it well ahead of time. Give people that would be tempted to pirate it on PC a chance to go buy on consoles (or pirate it on consoles, natch). But from everything I've heard SF4 did quite well on PC, despite the piracy. They are basically leaving money on the table if they don't release an official SSF4. Because as D noted, that arcade hardware was cracked so its only a matter of time before people will be playing it on PC anyway. Its up to Capcom if some of those people are given a chance to pay for a legit copy instead of 100% piracy.
What's really dumb is - they're releasing Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 to the PC...Seriously, why leave Super SF4 PC out? That might make Capcom fans mad - and just pirate those two games, as well.
I'd really hate to see Capcom lost out on some PC sales. They really did a great job w/ SF4 PC...
I heard DMC4 PC turned out great, as well...
-
balls balls balls. whatever. yun and yung total dlc download = awesome. capcom have apparently (some blog post i forget) said that dlc characters will be free. all my favourites are already in, but these are good characters, played them a bit in sf3 and they are very much worthy of an incarnation in this version.
-
I'm more inclined to agree that Street Fighter in general is just not a PC game. That said, since Capcom already brought SFIV to PC refusing to expand on it, as with its console counterparts, is a shitty move to all the players who did buy it for PC. It sucks since Capcom basically left the PC players they've drawn hanging. If I had bought SFIV for PC I would have been pretty ticked.
Honestly, I was abit surprised when SFIV was first announced to be coming to PC. Same with DMC4 and a bunch of the other Capcom titles. The worst part is that they bring one or two titles from a franchise and then ditch it completely. I'm not a fan of Lost Planet but I find it odd that they brought it to PC and even re-released Colonies Edition, then they refused to bring Lost Planet 2. Even stranger (to me anyway) is when they bring sequels from consoles to PC, as with DMC, they only released DMC3 and DMC4 to PC.
By contrast, Square-Enix have been experimenting with PC as a potential venue with new IP's, such as Last Remnant, without breaking the consistency with other established franchises. They also focus on the PC's most dominant genre, MMO, with their Final Fantasy Online series (FFXI and FFXIV).
-
I'm more inclined to agree that Street Fighter in general is just not a PC game. That said, since Capcom already brought SFIV to PC refusing to expand on it, as with its console counterparts, is a shitty move to all the players who did buy it for PC. It sucks since Capcom basically left the PC players they've drawn hanging. If I had bought SFIV for PC I would have been pretty ticked.
Actually if we want to go a few steps further - Original SF4 PC owners should be ticked there's no planned DLC Patch or Expansion Pack Box to say turn Original SF4 PC into Super SF4 PC.
At least we were hoping, at the worst, Super SF4 PC would get a release here on the PC. And if we had to wait for price-drops b/c we felt we already paid for SF4 already and just really wanted the new content, then so be it.
Honestly, I was abit surprised when SFIV was first announced to be coming to PC. Same with DMC4 and a bunch of the other Capcom titles. The worst part is that they bring one or two titles from a franchise and then ditch it completely. I'm not a fan of Lost Planet but I find it odd that they brought it to PC and even re-released Colonies Edition, then they refused to bring Lost Planet 2. Even stranger (to me anyway) is when they bring sequels from consoles to PC, as with DMC, they only released DMC3 and DMC4 to PC.
Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC (http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/1718/lost-planet-2-on-pc-gets-3d-dx11-tech/) on October 12th in USA and 15th in Europe - w/ 3D NVidia support and DX 11 features.
By contrast, Square-Enix have been experimenting with PC as a potential venue with new IP's, such as Last Remnant, without breaking the consistency with other established franchises. They also focus on the PC's most dominant genre, MMO, with their Final Fantasy Online series (FFXI and FFXIV).
And PSO2 is coming from them, as well...
-
Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC (http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/1718/lost-planet-2-on-pc-gets-3d-dx11-tech/) on October 12th in USA and 15th in Europe - w/ 3D NVidia support and DX 11 features.
Well, shut my mouth... Still, Capcom have been inconsistent despite their claim last year about keeping the PC a strong gaming platform. As long they're releasing I'll be moderately content, the issue now is that they need to support their products (technical and brand reinforcement).
I'd love to see Capcom make a PC-exclusive franchise. Something that they can focus on and refine for the PC. It doesn't even have to be a massive AAA title, just something that expresses a serious dedication to the platform. Preferably not a MMO (though I would be curious if Capcom made one). I'm also very curious to see how the console crowd would react.
And PSO2 is coming from them, as well...
Actually, Phantasy Star is Sega :D They've been pretty consistent with PC releases.
-
Joystiq -> Ono is proposing to Capcom USA that the new SSF4: Arcade Edition content (Yun and Yang + extra balances) as the next possible DLC for SSF4 for PSN and XBL. (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/04/ono-proposing-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-content-as/)
-
Just had to share this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIziXcIVmN4&feature=spotlight) ;D
-
Just had to share this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIziXcIVmN4&feature=spotlight) ;D
LOL!!! ;D
-
Bluesnews -> Capcom's Christian Svensson is still pushing for Super SF4 PC. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=117729)
Ask Capcom with Sven episode 1 offers answers from Capcom's Christian Svensson to fan-submitted questions. Along the way he expresses guarded optimism that a PC edition of Super Street Fighter IV will still happen.
Word is: "I've always said the answer is 'no' until it becomes 'yes,' and let’s just say I’ve not given up pushing, and maybe at some point in the future we could change that question to 'Why did it take so long…' instead of 'Why is there no…' Unfortunately, we can’t do that yet, but I’m still cautiously optimistic."
Thanks Siliconera.
-
There's always hope.. Until that happens I'm gonna make a backup wish upon a star for a PS3/X360 emulator.. Seems like that's equally unlikely.
I just watched that Jace Hall video again.. Man, Tara Ellis turns me on. Something about her is devilishly sexy.
Back to SF4.. I haven't played in a while.. I have to jump back in.
-
Capcom: "No PC version!"
Fans: "Booo!"
Capcom: "Buy it on consoles!"
Fans: *buy it on consoles*
Capcom: "Hey look, a PC version 2 years late!"
Fans: "Booo!"
Capcom: "Why isn't this selling?"
-
That sounds around right, Idol.
Still - better late than never...
-
Bluenews -> Expect an announcement from Capcom on Super SF4 PC on April 12th, 8AM PST. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=120601)
PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation
[Apr 11, 2011, 10:20 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono tweets responds to a question about PC Super Street Fighter IV that indicates that when the embargo mentioned in the story above expires tomorrow, we may finally learn the status of the PC edition of the fighting sequel.
In January Capcom's Christian Svensson expressed hopes that this would still happen, and now here's what Ono-san tweets: "I cant twit about it topic... Plz wait until 12th Apr. 8am PST. ;) RT @IceBreakker:When will we have SSFIV for PC?"
In case this doesn't dispel any remaining doubts, Joao points out that the Super Street Fighter IV ESRB Listing includes a PC version.
-
Its official (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140856), though with no release date.
SSFIV AE DLC coming for SSFIV, $15.
SSFIV AE will bring new costumes, 4 new characters, and an enhanced Replay Channel where you can search for Gamertags or look for videos of players above 3,000 PP. Additionally, the Endless Battle mode has been enhanced so you can set perimeters such as PP and BP restrictions. Further changes include balance tweaks and even a patch to allow SSFIV and AE people to play each other; However if you only own SSFIV you won't be able to play against the new characters.
They will re-release the game as a SSFIV AE on disc for $40, which is what the PC is getting.
-
I waited and finally bought SSF4 on Xbox for $20, and like a week later I started hearing about AE and felt like I should have waited longer. But if it's gonna be as DLC, I guess it's not too bad. But how soon would I have been able to get the AE disc version for $20? Compared to $35 after paying $15 for the DLC.
It's dangerously close to my Nintendo handheld situation. I keep waiting for the combination of good price + no new revisions on the horizon, which never seems to happen.
-
Capcom -> Important stuff to know about Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2011/05/25/stuff_you_want_to_know_about_ssfiv:ae_for_pc)
Bluesnews -> About the DRM & limitations of Offline Mode on SSF4: AE PC. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=122093)
-
Rock Paper Shotgun got it right. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/26/street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-drm/)
I’m not sure if ensuring that the pirated version has a better offline mode than the official version will help them realise their goal of 0% piracy rate either.
-
Jeez. Pushing people to become pirates. How smart is that.
-
Capcom started their PC campaign on a good note, bringing a fair chunk of their AAA titles to PC (SFIV, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5) then they just dropped the ball by not supporting the games properly, flaking out on the DLC, and now alienating the people who actually buy their upcoming games.
-
They backed down. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2011/06/02/ssfiv:_ae_pc_%E2%80%93_drm:_we_had_it_wrong)
Shortly after launch (it might even be at launch, but we’ll see how submission timing and approval goes) we will roll out a small title update that will completely remove the character limitations for offline mode. That is to say, once you’ve updated, you will be able to use all 39 characters when not connected to the Internet to practice your combo timings, have some fun with a friend on a laptop, or whatever while offline.
-
Smart move. It would have been a real shame if they had doomed the game to financial failure well before its release.
-
Nice for them to openly admit they were doing it wrong. Kudos to them.
-
Thread compiling TONS of issues w/ SSF4: AE PC. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/27973929/SSFIV:AE_PC_Issues_-_One_thread_to_rule_them_all)
Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC got issues, issues, issues. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/07/06/arcade_edition_on_the_pc:_a_few_updates)
Patch coming soon, hopefully...
They are trying to push a patch out before July 11 for fixing control mapping issues and unrecognized device issues.
Aiming to get a patch out by July 26th to fix video issues w/ Smooth Mode.
-
Patch released for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition PC, which removes DRM from non-Steam versions. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/07/15/arcade_edition_pc_title_update:_live_for_all_users)
Arcade Edition PC Title Update: Live for All Users
Friday, July 15, 2011, 4:49 PM [General]
We just received word from Steam and Microsoft that the Title Update for Arcade Edition PC is now live for all users, both Steam and non-Steam. All you need to do is load up your game and the update should start downloading. As a recap, this title update fixes the following issues:
- Support for keyboards and gaming devices that were not being recognized by the game
- Patch allowing re-mapped keys
- Changes Fixed Mode as the default graphic setting
- DRM removed for non-Steam versions of the game
- NVIDIA 3D Vision enhancements
Again, we apologize for the wait, and thank you for bearing with us while we got the title updates pushed through. Lastly, please visit the issues thread on the forums if you have run into any other problems, and we will do our best to help you out.
-
PC Gamer -> 92% for Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/13/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-review/)
Street Fighter IV is an unusual prospect for us PC gamers, but that doesn’t make it any less brilliant. SSFIV: Arcade Edition is widely regarded as the best fighting game on the planet; thanks to the PC’s power, we get the best version of it.
-
92? wtf happened to PCG? :(
-
92? wtf happened to PCG? :(
Have you played Super SF4: Arcade Edition PC yet?
If so, what is your take on it?
No, I have not played SSF4: AE PC, BTW - waiting for price-drop, since I already own Regular SF4 PC.
BTW - Regular SF4 PC was awesome.
-
I have it on PS3 just coz it makes more sense to get a fighting game on the console.
-
I have it on PS3 just coz it makes more sense to get a fighting game on the console.
So, how much better is SSF4: AE compared to Regular SF4?
-
So, how much better is SSF4: AE compared to Regular SF4?
It's quite a change, especially if you have played Super SF4. A lot of gameplay tweaks and subtle combo changes i.e. Ryu's shoryuken now lands a two-hit combo etc. Aside from that there's a full complement of characters, total 39 characters now I think (25 from SFIV, 10 from SSFIV, and 4 added in AE).
-
Super SF4: Arcade Edition - Version 2012 Patch log details. (http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/11/29/ssfiv:_arcade_edition_ver._2012_complete_change_log)
They got a PDF w/ a long list of changes (http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/downloads/SSFIV%20Arcade%20Edition%202012%20Final%20Change%20List%20-%20US.pdf) for the upcoming patch.
-
Alright... Im back!
So there's been some SFIV talk over on the IRC channel. I was over Belmont's place the other weekend and we played some SSFIV Arcade since he picked it up as those copies are going out of print. We then also watched the EVO finals that took place. After coming back to the house I went around looking for a copy. The only one I managed to find was a preowned one that was in good condition. Well I gave it another go and like my previous attempt, I found it difficult and a bit frustrating, there was just something about it that wasn't sinking in. Then I tried slowing myself down and really started to play it more defensively and strategically. I waited for openings and figured out when to use focus attacks and after a couple of rounds, it was working. I was finally understanding how I was so awful. You really really can't just throw yourself at the opponent. The AI will totally put you in your place. I often would go with air attacks a bunch and the AI would see that and would immediately shut you down with anti air hits. Now I don't go air until I see a good reason too.
Now I'm having soo much fun with it and I'm finally able to understand why everyone was so psyched about this. I still had some issues with controls. Obviously those first party dpads aren't ideal and I clearly see why. A lot of my losses are simply due to my inability to perform moves I'm attempting to pull off. At first I was looking into getting a six button faced control pad, but Kman talked me into an arcade stick. I was really reluctant to spend over $100 on an accessory but after a little bit of looking into some sticks on amazon, this Hori stick (http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-V3-Playstation-3/dp/B0057WDBHA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342545105&sr=8-2&keywords=hori+arcade+stick) is highly recommended and its not too expensive. I just got it yesterday and messed around with it some today. My play has definitely improved but I still need to get used to movement with the stick but the button placement is really nice. So if anyone wants to game sometime, hit me up, I'm on PSN.
-
I'm back in the game as well. Or rather will be tomorrow when my copy of Arcade Edition arrives. If you've been on the fence about grabbing it, now's the time. It's getting pretty hard to find.
Also, will provide updated picture of stick collection (yes there have been additions).
-
Awesome, this would be a great opportunity for me to jump back into it. Ibuki awaits!
My PSN name is Zietoun.
-
PC Gamer -> Ultra Street Fighter 4 announced for Early 2014. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/15/ultra-street-fighter-4-announced-brings-new-characters-and-modes-to-the-existing-game/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp)
At last weekend’s EVO 2013 event, Capcom announced the next stage of their endlessly iterative fighting series, Ultra Street Fighter IV; planned as a DLC upgrade to the existing word jumble that is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.
It will add the returning characters Elena, Rolento, Hugo, and Poison – who to my untrained eyes are possibly the line up of an ’80s New Wave band – along with a fifth mystery pugilist.
Ultra will also bring new modes and stages, as well as a series of balance tweaks to existing fighters.
-
Awesome and yet my reaction is still REALLY??!
I'll bet the secret addition will be Alex from SF3 :D
-
Escapist -> Ultra SF4 PC will ONLY use Steamworks; and they're ditching G4WL completely here. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126820-Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Ditches-Games-For-Windows-Live)
-
Escapist -> Ultra SF4 PC will ONLY use Steamworks; and they're ditching G4WL completely here. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126820-Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Ditches-Games-For-Windows-Live)
About damn time.
Based on a previous announcement USF4 can be purchased independently or as an upgrade to SSF4AE owners, I hope that means that people who upgrade will have GFWL patched out.