Overwritten.net
Community => Art => Topic started by: idolminds on Sunday, December 02, 2007, 09:10:28 PM
-
I was going to have this be a total surprise until after Christmas, but he turned out better than I hoped. Que is getting Julia a DS Lite, and people hang charms of their DSs so I figured I'd make a charm. Click the spoiler below to see pics.
Que, don't tell Julia or let her see this thread! I want it to be a surprise but I'm so happy with him I had to post.
[spoiler](http://user.mc.net/~pbsmith/pics/art/Picture%20002.jpg)
(http://user.mc.net/~pbsmith/pics/art/Picture%20003.jpg)
For scale:
(http://user.mc.net/~pbsmith/pics/art/Picture%20004.jpg)
The lighting kinda sucks because my lightbox is destroyed so I just took it in the kitchen on some paper/cloth.
I know hes not really purple in the movie but I thought it looked cuter.[/spoiler]
Sadly I don't think it'll work well as a charm, the ears will bust right off if it gets knocked around. So I'm making an charm better suited for the DS thing. Maybe this would be a good Christmas ornament or something.
But the other charms will stay secret. I'm making a bunch, some aren't done yet, and some are for other people here so....secret.
-
[spoiler]haha that looks like a Goat with a mask on its face like Dr. Hannibal Lecter. :P [/spoiler]
-
Thats totally not what I was going for...
-
Should I put spoiler tags on that?
It looks really really cute though. Honestly.
-
Sweet. I'm pretty sure she's going to cherish that a lot.
-
Dont have to spoiler it pug. I just did the pics because I didnt want que to open the thread and have them right there in case julia walked by or something.
Its kinda fun doing clay again. This dude (and a couple other things) are the first thing I made in over a year.
-
Holy crap. She's going to love that to death. You're going to get more points for that than I am for all the expensive shit I bought her.
... I think I need to go buy some clay and learn how to make things with it. Fast.
-
I'll bring some (or buy some there) and teach you. Is fun, except I always try make things smaller than they really need to be. Like it would have been a million time easier if he was the size of a quarter instead of a penny.
Hmmm, maybe the ears would be more sturdy if he was larger. I need to experiment. Maybe match the color better...
-
Haha that thing is cool, what movie is it from? It looks very familiar. Cool gift though.
-
(http://org.ntnu.no/anime/img/serie/totoro.jpg)
-
(http://org.ntnu.no/anime/img/serie/totoro.jpg)
I thought so, there's so many imitations of that character in anime culture its hard to be sure sometimes. I haven't seen that movie in quite sometime.
-
haha that's really cute.. i hope the person i sent my gift to will like it... ahh haha i made a couple of them but not the 3rd.