Overwritten.net
Community => General Discussion => Topic started by: angrykeebler on Monday, September 11, 2006, 01:58:44 PM
-
We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should
We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should
I have to praise you
I have to praise you
I have to praise you
I have to praise you like I should
-
This belongs on Que's Poetry board.
-
Interesting.
-
Yeah, I was thinking about that today too. We had IGN, then Gamers.com, then AOG, then TME, now here. We are awesome!
-
Gamers.com? I've been everywhere else. So it's 4 for me.
-
It was short-lived.
Too bad we don't have direct, PhpMyAdmin access to the MySQL database. I could edit post counts so they continued from TME.
-
I knew a few of you from IGN, but was mostly on the General board, not the community board. Been a part of the community since gamers.com
-
3rd home for me
-
It's good to know we've managed to pick up a couple strays along the way to make up for the losses. You know?
-
It's good to know we've managed to pick up a couple strays along the way to make up for the losses. You know?
You can just come right out and say it.... You miss Nicklone...its cool, I understand.
-
Gamers.com... we were there for a really short time yeah?
-
Gamers.com was really more just a temporary spot until AOG got its own forums. I joined up just a little while before those new boards and the site redesign happened. Was never part of the IGN crowd. And yes, I'm damned proud. :-[
-
What forum was the rebellion from AOG I first started with scott and some others? But yeah... its been a long time. 6 years ago I joined up on IGN. Jeezus.
-
Im almost scared now that when we launch our site we'll start getting more new peoples. And people like Omnious show up.
-
Scott, we could continue our post counts from TME, I noticed you can edit them here and I could go through and update everyone if its what they want.
Dont worry pyro, I'll ban Ominous personally.
-
I don't know. I'm not making a judgement on that. If anything, it should be put to a vote.
-
Scott, we could continue our post counts from TME, I noticed you can edit them here and I could go through and update everyone if its what they want.
Dont worry pyro, I'll ban Ominous personally.
Or, we could just note them on our personal text?
-
What forum was the rebellion from AOG I first started with scott and some others? But yeah... its been a long time. 6 years ago I joined up on IGN. Jeezus.
I don't remember. I remember it started getting heated with Duck getting a little more liberal with his anti-conservative and anti-religious mud-slinging, then there was the discussion of recentering the site, then you had the revelation over at that other board where SiskoKid and madizm22 hung out about what was really going down - like it was there job to kind of get us to leave. I guess they suceeded, but fuck it you know?
-
Scott, we could continue our post counts from TME, I noticed you can edit them here and I could go through and update everyone if its what they want.
I like this idea, but it sounds really tedious.
-
It wouldnt be so bad. There arent really that many of us. I could do it in half an hour tops.
-
I'm timing you.
-
But then the fact that I'm like 2,000 posts above everyone will continue to be obvious, and this was my only chance at a fresh start. One that I was failing anyway, it seems.
When did I become MysterD?
-
I'd love to have my posts from the other side, since it'll be quite obvious that I don't post nearly as much as you guys and I just lurk most of the time.
The thing on AOG... duck had messaged me saying to get you guys to just stay.. don't go. But I think the extent of his actions run quite deep and we would've left sooner or later.
Thanks guys, I appreciate your not leaving me over in the other side. Though it almost happened since you guys didn't tell me about TME right from the start.
-
It took a little while for the news to filter around. It was hard to keep track of everybody and realize who knew and and who didn't. But we wouldn't forget about you. =)
-
It's been a while.
-
It took a little while for the news to filter around. It was hard to keep track of everybody and realize who knew and and who didn't. But we wouldn't forget about you. =)
Better not! ;)
If you guys told me I'd be around you 6 years from when I first started posting on IGN, I would've not believed you.
But, we have been through a lot... - IGN going insiders only, moving through all those boards, Bullshark episodes, Sav episodes, Angry & hoob's escapades..
oh! another reason to move the posts from TME is - boobstab threads :D
O0 - that's a hilarious one
-
This thread had such potential, then you pulled out that. Shameful.
-
The funny thing about the whole AOG thing is how quickly it all blew up. Quite frankly I think everyone was overreacting on some level. Duck wanted it to go one way, and no one else really agreed with him on it. He brought in Mad and Sisko, who completely fucked things up for him (considering they ended up leaving right after we did...kind of so we wouldn't) and duck was left with an empty website....which he rebuilt into some sort of web 2.0 gay-centric digg.com where a bunch of people preach to the choir. If that's what he wanted then that's great, but I really think he had a much more usefull and interesting thing going before with the whole 'tolerance' based get up (well, my interpretation of what that was, which was aparently very different then his and a few others). Whatever, I think it's fair to say that everyone sort of won....sort of.
But I still get the feeling that at least one person didn't follow over and has no idea where we went. I just can't put my finger on it....
-
I dont think we can transfer the posts over, just peoples post counts.
Also, re: the first post: I so have to rip that album for my MP3 player.
-
EasyEd! That's who we lost...I think.
Someone get on that.
-
well honestly speaking, I never really knew the whole tolerance thing till I went to the serious topics section and posted in a thread about homosexuals, and hoob was the only one who saw it and he said i should delete it. then I went and read the fine print about the forums.
Even if we did stay there, I don't think we would've been comfortable.
-
We still have Ed. He's HxCxEddie at TME. He hasn't posted here yet, though.
-
Ahh bullshark
Bullshark, nickclone, metallideth, Csharp (or something like that), ohhhh and who remembers TheGreyKing? I know there's more that have left... I simply can't remember right now. Didn't Folk post at lot at TME? does he know about this place yet?
hahaha
The only reason I didn't want to leave AOG was I had so much fun abusing my mod powers. Duckfat was a fucking tool.
-
What forum was the rebellion from AOG I first started with scott and some others? But yeah... its been a long time. 6 years ago I joined up on IGN. Jeezus.
La Revolucion took place on some gamers.com board we created I think.
-
Ahh bullshark
Bullshark, nickclone, metallideth, Csharp (or something like that), ohhhh and who remembers TheGreyKing? I know there's more that have left... I simply can't remember right now. Didn't Folk post at lot at TME? does he know about this place yet?
hahaha
The only reason I didn't want to leave AOG was I had so much fun abusing my mod powers. Duckfat was a fucking tool.
Folk was about to move to New York last time he posted on TME which wasn't too long ago if I remember correctly, maybe a couple of weeks ago at the most, that might explain why he hasn't shown up here yet.
-
i'm sure he'll follow.. unless he goes gay on us.
-
What does that mean, Miss Albania? I hope we hear from folk soon.
I have to agree with gpw. The shame about aog is that it was accomplishing something positive, which is the spread of tolerance through information and familiarity. Preaching to the choir, as he puts it, accomplishes nothing. I remember having misgivings when I first found out about aog's mission statement. But those went away as I got comfortable with everyone. Then, sadly, they became justified anyway.
But now, we're here! Yay!
-
I don't remember. I remember it started getting heated with Duck getting a little more liberal with his anti-conservative and anti-religious mud-slinging, then there was the discussion of recentering the site, then you had the revelation over at that other board where SiskoKid and madizm22 hung out about what was really going down - like it was there job to kind of get us to leave. I guess they suceeded, but fuck it you know?
Yeah, the thing I found funny was basically when we came back people treated us like traitors at first... then they got fed up as well haha.
-
I actually talked to Folk the other day. He's already in NY and doing pretty well. I imagine he's busy doing whatever one does when they move to a completely new city.
-
Yeah, the thing I found funny was basically when we came back people treated us like traitors at first... then they got fed up as well haha.
Oh, you're talking about that initial thing that started on the IRC chat room. I wasn't involved in that. I remember Pug made a big rant about it on the forums. That was pretty funny, looking back.
-
I think this would be my 2nd or 3rd.. Yep, 3rd I completely forgot about the AOG boards :P Sorry I didn't mean to blurt it out!
-
I don't think that the revolution ever made it to an actual board, it was just on IRC. It didn't get too far before news of it got to AOG. But how glorious it was while it lasted.
-
Have you all seen what AOG has evolved into?
www.homomojo.com
Yikes.
-
I heard about it, but I haven't been back to check or anything.
-
I know who we left behind...
"OMG OMG I love Chingy!!11!" and also Goldendarko and Raspewtin.
So many memories, I was still working my first job when I was on the IGN boards... damn that was a long time ago.
-
When did the IGN boards go Insider-only? I think it was like Feb. 12, 2001.
-
haha I remember Goldendarko..what a moron that guy was
-
Raisa, what was your name on IGN? I don't remember you there.
-
Yeah, it is amazing how you guys have hung together.
I was there at IGN, gamers.com(I went there when it was Pug and I and a couple of other people. Mainly because I got banned for a week from IGN and had to get my fix somehow), AOG, but then I kind of dropped off for a while. I missed the whole AOG drama, and rejoined TME a little bit ago.
I still don't post much, and I know that you guys don't even notice me, but I still like coming around. 8)
-
We notice you, though its because you smell.
-
due to the TSS and all
-
due to the TSS and all
Hahahaha!!!
I remember not really thinking about it that way until someone pointed it out. Ever since that time... :-[
-
I've been on board since IGN. Hehe. My name has evolved quite a bit.
-
I made a big deal about the Ender thing because I felt betrayed. I thought at the time Duck deserved more than an underhanded revolution. I actually felt he deserved an open and honest discussion after what he had given us. I also was upset because uptill that point I had put a lot of effort into AOG, including the migration from IGN and the reviews and the promotion and stuff.
I don't know why I put so much effort into AOG. I guess I gave the website a lot of my loyalty and then Duck came and fucked it up.
I was actually the one who brought Que in. :P I’ve actually never told this story before. :P
At the time we were seeking new editors and stuff and had finally filled our quota. Suddenly we got this 'fan mail' from this guy called Quemaqua. I think he said something along the lines of: I come to your website from time to time, and I enjoy the articles, especially the humor. But please don't take this the wrong way, I just think you guys need better editing.
He then proceeded to give lengthy examples of obvious blunders in our articles and how they could be corrected and made more effective-- mostly mine -- haha. I read his e-mail a couple of times and got really excited.
I had been looking for someone who could actually fucking write, to be on our staff for a while. At the time Duck did the editing and never gave it much time.
I messaged Que and he seemed quite touched and interested. It was the answer to my prayers, but as soon as I contacted Duck he disagreed. According to him we had already filled our staff.
So I think it was Cobra who I messaged and asked him to plead my case. So Cobra talked to Duck and then I spoke with him again and Duck finally agreed to let one final person in.
At the time things were looking excellent. I finally found someone who was dedicated and actually good at what he did, and our website was on gamerankings and rottentomatoes. It was even mentioned in PC GAMER – if for the wrong reasons. My reviews were mentioned on game boxes, the first of which was Wizardry 8.
But then things just got fucked up.
DuckFat had wanted to do crazy shit from day one, and it was only my influence that kept him in line. For example, did you know he wanted the website to have a pink and yellow colored theme? I think eventually he got tired of my disagreeing with him, and he just cut me off, which left me very upset.
I also find it funny that my friend shadowswhisper complained about the very things we did later, and everyone including myself told him to stop. I guess it got was too much for us later.
The gamers.com message board was created by DuckF for AOG initially. Since I was admin at the time I would try to get as many people from IGN to post at AOG as possible.
It was funny because I think Scottws and a bunch of other people got fed up by my efforts haha.
When IGN suddenly went insider only, I saw it as my opportunity. Unfortunately PMs were banned so I had only the subject line to work with. I sent a message to as many people as possible with something about going to AOG in the subject line.
It spread. People started helping me and passing the same message.
due to the TSS and all
haha man I remember that. I am sorry Toxy. :P
I had no idea what Toxic Shock meant, until I decided to do that lame shocking truth thread. When I searched on google, I was thinking jackpot. What is funny is how you changed your username after that hahahahaha. :P
-
Heh, I've never heard anyone else tell the story. I didn't know the part about anyone having to plead my case... I thought you did that alone. I guess I must be thankful to Cobra, if that's whom it was who helped me get aboard. I feel very blessed to have found you all.
But yeah, I had the same kind of betrayed feeling as Pug, even though I came in later. I think what kind of happened was that Duck switched from Pug to me in terms of who was giving him what he wanted and putting in the effort, but ultimately he did the exact same shit to both of us. At the time it was a little difficult to look at it all objectively, but it's pretty clear now how things happened. A shame, but from this perspective I think it was completely unavoidable.
The only thing I miss about AOG was being admin and getting to see every last detail of the forum workings. That was really neat. It was my 2nd time modding and first time as admin after having been a forum flunky at various places for years.
EDIT - And oh how I remember the truth coming out. Man, that was some funny stuff. I keep waiting for someone to show me a link that proves my made-up pseudonym actually means "dog breath" in Japanese or something.
-
Heh, I've never heard anyone else tell the story. I didn't know the part about anyone having to plead my case... I thought you did that alone. I guess I must be thankful to Cobra, if that's whom it was who helped me get aboard. I feel very blessed to have found you all.
See that was one of the problems I had with duckfat. He would make such idiotic decisions. It was obvious we needed you Que, because your writing gave us some class. I'll be honest, we all sucked. I mean some of us had potential, but Duck was never motivated to do any editing. He would go about hiring people who just simply could not write. Cobra was on the staff doing editing at the time, and at least Duck respected his opinions.
Duck was our leader at the time, and his biggest issue was his inability to comprimise. In my opinion there is no bigger man, than one who can admit he is wrong or has made a mistake.
It always came across that Duck hated agreeing with anyone else or changing his decisions. He kept you in the loop as long as you agreed with him.
I think Duck had an argument with Que at some point about something, when Que was unable to take his bullshit.
Duck sent me a message after a long time saying something along the lines of,"What is wrong with Que? Why is he so pissed off?"
All I wanted to respond with was, "FUCK OFF."
Man this has turned into an anti Duck thread fast.
Despite everything, I still feel some good for the Duckster. If it weren't for AOG, we would have all been lost.
-
We do owe him that, I guess. Just a shame things had to go down with as much bad blood as they did. By the end of it I was raging pretty hard.
-
It was destined to go down in a bad way, I guess, but it didn't help - at all - that he enlisted the help of SiskoKid and madizm22 to just piss us off in that way.
He could have just been like, "I'm making a gay site. You can stay if you want, or you can go." Sure, we (at least I) would have still been pissed off, but it would have been softer thant what really happened. The ultimate insult is that he later tried to ask people to come back, and when pretty much no one did, he referred to our time there as "The dark days of AOG" and shit like that. Fuck him.
-
I think the problem was he was caught. What he has now he wanted from the beginning, but he knew that wouldn't get him traffic.
I showed him the easy way out and he took it. It excited him to get some traffic. But it ate him inside every day that the website wasn't exactly what he had envisioned.
He really went about it the wrong way. In the end he bad mouthed us on other gay forums to get those guys to post on AOG. He posted there as if he was a victim. This was before our anger.
You are right, fuck him.
He was like a prostitute.
-
See that was one of the problems I had with duckfat. He would make such idiotic decisions. It was obvious we needed you Que, because your writing gave us some class. I'll be honest, we all sucked. I mean some of us had potential, but Duck was never motivated to do any editing. He would go about hiring people who just simply could not write.
Seriously, he hired me. What a nutjob.
-
Crazy stuff. To be honest, everytime I'm posting I'm still fucked up by the fact that Savarian_Syan is Matt. That was the most mind blowing shit of all time. I still don't even believe it.
-
That was pretty crazy and sort of unforseen (or was it? Do cool gamer chicks like savarian_syan really exist?), but I've completely gotten over it.
-
Do cool gamer chicks like savarian_syan really exist?
Obviously, no. I'll always remember that because he broke the news on my birthday.
-
haha man when I still think about it, I still have trouble believing it. Sav didn't exist... it is hard for me to grasp.
I mean sure Matt is the same person when he is Sirean, but no not really. When he posted as Sav he seemed I dunno... darker? He was bitchy, he had a mean streak, yet Sav's personality made her feel real.
Now he just seems depressed, like he isn't letting his personality out. I don't know, it seems like Matt has lost his sense of fun/humor since the incident.
I am probably imagining all this.
One thing I am grateful for is that we got past it, and Matt is still with us. That is great.
-
Yeah, it's just totally weird to me. I just think of it as Sav having died in some tragic accident and now Matt is some new guy.... yet not quite!
-
Heh, it blew my mind at the time. Then we became good friends and I honestly don't even think of Sav and Matt as separate entities anymore. It's all blended together because he really isn't any different now than he was. As weird as it was for me at first (and believe me, it was weird), it isn't even something that crosses my mind anymore. He's honestly one of the coolest people I know.
-
I think I'm the only one who found it more funny and awesome than weird. He totally fooled us all. It was great! I liked it.
-
Aw hell. I'm sorry about that. Next time I take off another mask I'll make sure that it's not a special day to anyone. The fact that I wasn't shuned still amazes me and things have definitely turned out for the better (at least on my end). Hopefully the lingering doubts will fade with time... In a lot of ways I've purposely been more subded and quiet on the boards because I don't want to overstep my bounds. So, you haven't really been imagining things, Pug. Que has the advantage of being able to actually talk to me, so I'm sure that's helped him. At least now I can actually attend any sort of meeting that happens.
For some reason I sorta caught the tail end of a lot of the AOG drama. I must have been away for a couple days or something and came back to find a huge fight... actually, I'm remembering now that's exactly what happen. I don't remember where I was, but I do remember coming on and having to read through a huge thread pretty much after the fact.
-
You have more masks? ZOMG! You're actually a chick pretending to be a guy that was pretending to be a chick!
-
No.
Actually, have you ever seen V? Not the newer movie, but that old sci-fi classic.
-
Or maybe this is like Mission Impossible?
Sirean removes one more mask and is actually Tom Cruise!
-
You take that back! Really, the thought of being like Tom Cruise is just offensive.
-
HAIL XENU!
-
No.
Actually, have you ever seen V? Not the newer movie, but that old sci-fi classic.
I've seen it, but I'm not sure what you are alluding to.
-
You take that back! Really, the thought of being like Tom Cruise is just offensive.
I apologize. No one deserves that.
-
I've seen it, but I'm not sure what you are alluding to.
I think I got my sci-fi movies right.
[spoiler]They're lizards underneath the human masks![/spoiler]
-
Ah! Been a real long time since I'd seen the movie.
-
haha that show brings back memories. I can hardly remember it, except for the lizardy stuff.
I used to watch the TV show when I was a kid, and I remember looking forward to seeing them as their lizardy selves, yet being frightened at the same time.
-
What the hell is TSS?
Edit, oh, wait.....Toxic Shock Syndrom? Is that what he was named after? hahahahahahahaa. Who is that now?
I had a girlfriend in like grade 9 who was terrified of it because her mom was sure to warn her about it pretty much every day when she was 11 or 12. Awesome.
-
I have never heard the story of how Que got into AOG via Pug and Cobra, interesting story.
Anyways, I actually lurked on AOG from behind W7RE's shoulder for awhile because when I first moved in with him he was constantly on the boards and I usually hung out in his room from time to time and sometimes he would show me a funny post or topic someone made and I just eventually joined because some of you guys seemed cool.
Oh man the AOG drama, I remember being totally surprised by it because I hadn't been on the boards in like a month and I come to the boards just when everyone was in the thick of things. To be honest though, I was very glad when the move to TME came to be because I was getting sick of the Christian bashing and other dumb fucks who hated any kind of conservative views and would chastise those that had them(you know who they were I don't need to say their names). I consider myself Atheist and probably more liberal than conservative and it was getting old! There was always some dick spouting out shit about Christianity fucks everything up or making retarded comments about Christianity without considering feelings of those who believed in it, including one of my best friends, W7RE. I remember laughing about the whole tolerance message they were tyring to send because it was completely false, it ended up being "We tolerate your views as long as you are not Christian or conservative". I was also getting tired of a lot of the people there who posted like 10 year olds and couldn't carry on a debate or conversation without personally insulting you.
I remember W7RE telling me about Sav-Matt when I was without a computer and just going "What the fuck?" for a minute or two and then getting over it.
Also Sirean, I guess it wasn't just my imagination about you being more subdued since your announcement but you don't need to be, I remember you posted almost as frequently as MysterD or Que, so get to posting more!
-
Uh...lets see. I dont really have any interesting stories. I was on IGN a lot, but never the community board, always General. I guess I got Pugs PM and went over to gamers.com, then AOG. When the big fight broke out I was afraid of people leaving and everyone losing touch, which had happened to my old Tribes team. So I googled "free forums" and just picked the first one that looked like it didnt completely suck. I was talking to scott at the time and asked him what I should call it, and he suggested The Minds Eye. So...thats how that came to be.
-
Also Sirean, I guess it wasn't just my imagination about you being more subdued since your announcement but you don't need to be, I remember you posted almost as frequently as MysterD or Que, so get to posting more!
Seconded!
-
I could have sworn it was me that suggested The Mind's Eye, but I can't remember. I could also have sworn it was me who suggested Overwritten.net, but... I can't remember. Do I just have a massive ego?
-
I remember it was nicklone.
-
You lie.
-
I thought it was scott. Maybe it was you. The point was I didnt name it because of my massive ego.
-
Either way, I thought it was cool. It was your spot. You saved us all! Kinda'.
-
Oh come on, I never posted as much as D.
-
Oh come on, I never posted as much as D.
Hahahaha, I know, that part was joke.
-
There was a time I wanted to go over and steal MyD's keyboard! I think Hoob did too.
I went over to gamers.com recently to check it out and well.. it's boring there.
-
Hahahaha, I know, that part was joke.
hahaha how did I miss that?
And Raisa don't be mean. Well maybe you need to borrow D's keyboard the way you disappear for ages. :P
-
hahaha how did I miss that?
And Raisa don't be mean. Well maybe you need to borrow D's keyboard the way you disappear for ages. :P
no thanks.. keyboards are dirty.. keyboards are like underwear - you dont' lend them around.
-
I think if your keyboard is like your underwear, something in your life really needs to change.
-
The sav drama hit me like a fucking brick. Though when I first noticed sav on IGN I assumed he was a guy... and I almost thought he did mention he was one once but it was so long ago I cant remember, but I do remember being surprised that I found out that he revealed himself to be a girl, heh, the irony.
I remember when we got into that file sharing program... cant remember the name, but it was mainly me, scott, cobra, idol, and gpw. Ah yes, the porn we shared...
-
no thanks.. keyboards are dirty.. keyboards are like underwear - you dont' lend them around.
If that were true a lot of sickos would be buying celebrity keyboards on the net. I kinda know what you mean though. It is like not eating peanuts at a pub.
-
*hides collection of celebrity keyboards*
-
I wonder whose keyboard is the worst.
I'd think Paris Hilton! Then again she wouldn't know how to use one.
-
What the hell is TSS?
Edit, oh, wait.....Toxic Shock Syndrom? Is that what he was named after? hahahahahahahaa. Who is that now?
Yeah, shock used to be "ToxicShock." Then Pug made fun of him because of toxic shock syndrome. Poor shock.
I thought it was scott. Maybe it was you. The point was I didnt name it because of my massive ego.
I don't think it was me. I remember you asked me about names and we discussed it and everything. I don't remember what I came up with though. Que is probably right.
I remember when we got into that file sharing program... cant remember the name, but it was mainly me, scott, cobra, idol, and gpw. Ah yes, the porn we shared...
Yeah, what was that called again? I can't remember. File something, I think.
-
I think we did both filetopia and dc++. Good times, we should get something like that going again.
-
Yep! Filetopia it was.
Porn? :o
-
You guys remember when Kasavin made some posts back at AOG? That was awesome... but hes gotten too famous for us now... boo. We'll show him once we get our site started up.
-
Yea I used to invite him and stuff because we had so many Kasavin threads, and he would post.
Ok you want to know why I stopped inviting him? Beause the answer is really really weird.
-
Why would you ask such a silly question?
-
My curiosity has been roused.
-
I shouldn't have even said anything.
MOVE ALONG NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
-
Lemme guess. It relates to Sav?
-
I am going out. My tire left front tire keeps dying and I have to get it replaced. Will explain when I come back in as much detail as possible. (not about the tire, about the Kasavin thing)
And yes it has to do with Sav.
-
Pff. I'll pre-empt by saying I didn't do a damned thing. We traded a couple PMs about Berkeley and such, but that was more or less it.
So, anything wierd that happened was on Pug's end and Pug's end alone.
-
I'm just mad he talked to Sav and not me. You owe me a fucking job, Kas!
-
I do remember sav talking about how Kas was interested in Savs reviewing capabilities. In any case the story must be told... spill the beans pug!
-
Huh. I don't remember that. We might have talked about the one or two reviews I did a little, but not much beyond that... maybe I was bragging because I got to talk to him.
-
Then that probably was the case, because I specifically remember you talking about Kas asking if you were really interested in reviewing games for a living.
-
Oh yeah. Now I remember. That was pretty much the case. It was around the time when I was deciding that reviewing games really wasn't something I wanted to do constantly.
-
who is Kas??? :-\
-
Editor at gamespot. sy had a man-crush on him.
-
ah.. my sis is a gamespot poster... she likes it there.. and gamespy.. yech
thanks
sy.. why am i not surprised?
-
Holy shit, You two cybered!
It's like what ren tried to do to me, but more and less sinister all at the same time.
-
Here is the story of how I got Hoob to post at IGN.
I told him to and he did because he is a little bitch.
Fin~
-
Holy shit, You two cybered!
It's like what ren tried to do to me, but more and less sinister all at the same time.
tried..or succeeded?
-
Poor Kas.....
-
*Sigh* I didn't pull the girl thing on him and we just talked.
Hmmm... why does the "we just talked" thing never sound like what it actually means?
-
It wasn't anything like Sav and Kas had a 'converstaion'... jeebus.
No in every other thread Sav enjoyed saying,"I think Kasavin is hot." She said it plenty of times. That was pretty much what I used to get Kas to start posting at AOG again after that period of months. It didn't mean anything, it was just something for Kas and myself to laugh about... that he had fans. I mean aside from Sav, everyone else loved Kasavin's work and I think he appreciated reading that and interacting with us. I doubt he even remembers Sav.
We exchanged a bunch of e-mails about various stuff. The final one was quite interesting though. Without saying too much, I got one from Kas. which was actually quite long.
He gave various reasons, some personal and some that took some deduction on his part, but it all ended with the following conclusion:
There is no way in hell that Savarian_syan is a girl.
He said something along the lines of, "Call me a skeptic., but I am sure it is a guy pretending to be a girl."
Besides the obvious, he reasoned with a lot of stuff I can't reveal, but in the end I was thinking... yeesh, what's wrong with this guy? Basically that is why I stopped inviting him, because it was like a weird accusation on a friend or something heh.
Later I did want to invite him, but I thought it would be odd to do that out of the blue, when I had not responded to that earlier lengthy e-mail. And then much later, when Kasavin turned out to right, I thought it was just going to be bad timing.
The thought didn't even cross my mind that he was right. I suppose that's partly why I was so ticked when Sav turned out to be Sirean. I guess it was easier to fool me since I had known Sav for longer than Kas had, but it goes to show that Kas is a smart dude. He is also a good writer, and has excellent standards.
I hope he doesn't remember any of this because I do want to invite him back, and for sure he will post again, trust me on that.
But we need to get the front page going first and start looking like a gaming website. Once that happens, I am sure he will post again. Like I said, he definitely enjoyed our company.
Hopefully by then, this thread will be dead and buried.
The funniest thing was when I invited that chick who wrote that horrible article on the girls of E3 to post. I should have given more warning, but I had had no idea she'd post. It was funny and sad for her to read our comments.
-
That girl sent me a PM at TME. I don't even remember if I bothered to read it.
Edit: Ok, just read it. She told me she disagreed with my comment and that she loves Wolfenstein. ^-^
-
I think I was one of the ones who didn't rag on her as much. She sent me a fairly nice PM and I told her that people were just goofing and she shouldn't take it too personally. I invited her to come hang around, but I guess she decided not to, heh.
-
We should invite her back. It would give Raisa some company and she will have someone to talk to about knitting, cleaning the dishes and other girlie stuff.
-
Actually, that chick was pretty cool and you should totally invite Kas back.
-
i don't appreciate girly girls. i don't like those who jus't want to small talk and talk about shopping and malling, jewelry, fashion - none of those please.
-
At first I thought you said 'mailing' and I was like WTF?