Overwritten.net
Community => General Discussion => Topic started by: PyroMenace on Monday, March 31, 2008, 12:22:31 PM
-
Just watch (http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3411), its a new Southpark episode. K-Man was telling me about it and I finally went to the website and watched it, its great. Plus you can't deny clicking on something that says Major Boobage.
Oh and hurry, after wednsday they take it off and you have to wait 30 days.
-
Goddamn anti-Canadians won't let me watch because of our clean air and universal health care system. Time to check alternate sources.
-
I watched this a few days ago; it's a good tribute to Heavy Metal (1981) :)
-
Saw it a few days ago and loved it. Great episode. South Park is far and beyond better than most shows on television now.
My only gripe with the episode was that the climax to the Cartman cat -holocaust reference was pretty weak.
-
"Curse your rockin' tits!"
-
I can't watch it. Damn it. This internet problem is killing me. Download manager is the only hope for videos, and even then, it times out halfway through most of the time.
-
If it makes you feel any better, Cobra, I'm having a cable guy come out to my house this morning to try and fix my internet-related slowness. I feel your pain.
-
I just watched the latest episode, entitled "Canada On Strike," and it was pretty funny ;D
-
. . . and now that I can watch it, it tells me that it can't be streamed until the 26th due to contractual obligations. Well, I know where to find it. Off I go.
Edit:
That's awesome on more than one level. The Heavy Metal parody is ROFL good.
[spoiler]The satire, with the gestapo-like DEA and the hysteria over so little, is just spot-on for the current war-on-drugs bullshit. Then there's the Jewish lawyer creating a Nazi-like climate of fear. LOL.[/spoiler]
I watch so little South Park. Is this episode representative of current quality?
-
Is this episode representative of current quality?
Yes, although don't watch the most recent one (it played last night). It was terrible. All the other episodes this season have been great, though.
-
There have only been 3 episodes this season, right? Anyways, I'd go as far as saying the last 4 seasons of South Park have been awesome. Watch them.
-
4 episodes so far.
The latest season (12) is so far the most dry, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean it's bad, just different.
-
I personally thought the Canada on strike episode was a pretty funny/accurate parallel of the Writer's Guild strike.
-
I laughed a few times...it just wasn't up to par overall. I guess I've set my standard pretty high with all the great episodes lately.
-
I laughed a few times...it just wasn't up to par overall. I guess I've set my standard pretty high with all the great episodes lately.
I agree with that statement. Also, the 'Heavy Metal' song in Major Boobage was just awesome.