Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: ScaryTooth on Tuesday, June 03, 2008, 01:53:39 PM
-
Ok this isn't really a movie, or music. But I figured it was along those same lines.
It's a graphic Novel (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Vol-Days-Gone/dp/1582406723/ref=pd_bbs_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212526095&sr=8-10)
Okay, I started reading this when a co-worker recommended it. It's so damn good. It's everything I would want out of a zombie movie. But in a graphic novel form. And It's long. Kirkman said he wasn't going to end it for a good long time. It's zombies, but it's also kind of a character study. It's very well written. How the people change because of the circumstances they are in. I mean, they eventually end up in a prison. Which is the perfect thing now that I think about it. What better place to be than in a prison if zombies take over? Big fences, towers. Lots of protection. Weapons, riot gear that zombies can't bite through. I mean, it's great. Anyway, check it out if you have any interest in zombies and such what so ever. It's really good. I'm currently on vol 3, and really enjoying it.
-
I really need to read more of those, I've only read Vol 1 and I enjoyed it a lot, other books keep grabbing my attention though.
-
I remember idol was looking at these when we went to the comic shop during the first OWmeet.
-
I just started reading this, heard they're going to make a tv show on AMC too (they're very lenient on language and violence).
The only thing I don't like about it is that it's in black and white. It doesn't make the comic ugly or anything, but it does make it hard to identify people a lot of the time.
-
Ive been reading it and yea, its pretty fantastic. Its good zombie fun.
-
Glad you guys like it. It's freaking awesome...
Here is a pic of the cast from the new AMC show...
http://insidetrekker.blogspot.com/2010/07/check-out-first-cast-picture-for-amcs.html (http://insidetrekker.blogspot.com/2010/07/check-out-first-cast-picture-for-amcs.html)
-
Leaked trailer for "The Walking Dead"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY&feature=youtu.be)
Sweet!
-
I'm not sure how I missed this show! I got into the comic during college when it first started, but fell out of it afterward when I no longer had money as often, and was no longer walking distance from a comic store.
Anyway, here's the trailer again (direct feed this time) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE)
The show premiers on Halloween with a 90 minute episode!
-
So has anyone been watching this? Its 5 episodes in now, it's deviating from the comic quite a bit now but I am still enjoying it. I do find some character interactions questionable, they sometimes will manifest conflicts between characters from nothing just to create drama but it isn't too bad. Anyway check it out if you can, you can buy a season pass on XBox Live for about $15 I believe.
-
I watched the entire first season in one go. I love this show so much and can't wait for the second season. The first episode was just awesome.
-
I've been wanting to watch this show for a while now. Is there any place I can watch it online for free?
-
Just watched the first 3 episodes.. We are loving it.
-
I knew it would appeal to X. Him and his survival fantasies. :)
Bullshark, bittorrent is the way I handled it.
-
I knew it would appeal to X. Him and his survival fantasies. :)
Bullshark, bittorrent is the way I handled it.
Haha you know me too well ;D
-
This is a great show. The writing is a little hit and miss, but it's still really good.
-
The Governor is a sick, sick fuck. Some of that shit is un-filmable.
-
Yea thats where I had stopped reading, its fucking crazy.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuXgEQarPI&feature=player_embedded
Season two trailer. Featuring my favourite Wye Oak song.
-
Wasn't expecting this (http://www.screened.com/news/frank-darabont-steps-down-as-showrunner-of-the-walking-dead/2653/), Frank Darabont is stepping away from The Walking Dead. Im a little sad, season one was good. Id hate to see it suddenly change direction when someone new comes in.
-
I just bought two of the books!
-
The second season ended on Sunday. I gotta say, this season was overall a letdown. There were a handful of good episodes but the vast majority of it was just too slow; they really dragged out the story with characters we don't really care about. The writing is also pretty bad.
That said, I did enjoy the season finale. I am not sure if I will continue watching this show when the third season starts though.
-
I want to see some, Mishonne!
She had a brief cameo there for about 3 seconds in the season finale. She is one of my favorite characters from the books.
I thought this season was okay. I'm just glad there are zombies on the telly. There are some characters, and story arcs that they've changed so much, that I just don't care that much for them. I can't stand Lori for some reason. I hate every scene that shes in. I just want her to meet her end.
-
Season 3 is well on its way in.
Just watched up to episode 4...
FML
-
Season 3 is a million times better than Season 2. Way more fastpaced and much better writing. The acting is better, too. If you gave up on Walking Dead because of Season 2, you owe it to yourself to give 3 a try.
-
This season has been quite good.
-
Crap, after watching episode 5 there was something I completely missed in episode 4.
[spoiler]I didn't realize that Carol had also been taken out... I only realized it when Darrel was at the graves in episode 5 and had placed a flower on one and recalled that I didn't see Carol during that whole episode. So I skimmed back over episode 4 and saw the part with the zombies eating a corpse that Rick and Darrel found. I thought that was T Dogg's corpse... then realized the rag that Darrel picked up next to it was the one Carol was wearing.[/spoiler]
-
Watch Episode 6.
-
Watched it, this has been the best season yet so far.
-
I'm excited to hear Season 3 has picked things up. Only 8 or so months until it's on Netflix.
-
I just started watching this. It's amazing fun.
-
I just watched the first episode of season 4 and man, I don't think I can watch this show anymore. I enjoyed season 3 but I don't know... I feel like the best characters they had were the villain characters (Shane and Merle) which are now dead. I was a bit meh on the Governor but he wasn't terrible. Now its just loaded down with a bunch of even more annoying people and the soap operaness of it is much more apparent. Plus every scene with Carl is agonizing. I always felt the show was like a step away from being really awesome, but it never quite manages to make it. There's been some really good episodes but the direction of the writing and a lot of the characters just pulls it back. I may watch a few more episodes of season 4 but I kind of feel I'm done with the series.
-
I've found it can be an extremely hard show to watch. My girlfriend loves it and makes me watch it with her, and while I enjoy it to an extent I also find I spend half the time on my phone checking scores or whatever.
That says, occasionally there is a hook or premise that I find really cool, and I actually enjoyed the entirety of the third episode of this season. Sometimes you just want to watch Carl die though. FUCK CARL, SHUT THE HELL UP.
Strangely, I find the Telltale games to be maybe be a step above the actual show.
-
I think it maybe some of the other stuff I've watched this year and played like The Last Us and then coming back to this, it just pales to everything else. I'm finding it pretty dull. I feel like they should just kill everyone off but Rick and Daryl, reset the whole fucking thing.