Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: PyroMenace on Wednesday, July 02, 2008, 12:16:48 AM
-
Its very likely. (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/02/square-enix-countdown-site-opens-most-likely-chrono-trigger-ds/) Dont know if it will be a remake or a sequel. Kinda hoping for a remake. Ive never played through the whole thing but I watched my brother play back on the SNES, and even watching it I still managed to connect with the characters. This would be a great opportunity to check it out again.
-
Yeah, could be cool. I know Julia will be at least partially excited, because she loved the game, but I don't know if she'll go for it if they don't add some new stuff or whatever. If it's a sequel, she'll surely get it.
-
Confirmed. Release Holiday 08
-
Well thats cool, its going to be a remastered (port) of the game rather than a remake, which still works for me.
-
There's an all-new dungeon and wireless play so far announced.
I'm glad that it's not gonna be a remake. I quite enjoyed the style of the original.
-
Dudes, this is seriously worth your money if you liked Chrono Trigger. You get the nifty extras that the PS1 version offered (like the cutscenes) without any of the load times. Aside from a few sounds so far, the audio has been spot-on. The graphics look arguably better on the DS screen. The best thing is that if you don't like DS exclusive features you can simply turn them off and get the original experience.
Definitely worth my money.
-
I'm in complete love with this game all over again. I think this playthrough reaffirms it as my personal #1 of all time.
-
Dammit, K-man. I've been playing this for the past 3 hours. I'm thoroughly sucked in now.
-
I did like it quite a bit, though I never found it as compelling as some other people did. Julia liked it a lot. She was a bit less into Chrono Cross, though.
-
i have never played the game before but my gf is getting it for me for Christmas so I hope to enjoy it. I love the guys artwork for games just the anime he does sucks.
-
http://www.gamestop.com/ds
Look at the product description...
-
http://www.gamestop.com/ds
Look at the product description...
Hahaha that is awesome, I wonder how long that has been up.
-
Haha, that's great.
-
I did like it quite a bit, though I never found it as compelling as some other people did. Julia liked it a lot. She was a bit less into Chrono Cross, though.
I bought CT the day it came out. It was the first game I ever preordered. Back when EB was still a semi-respectable company. I had to drive an hour one way to even find an EB. The preorder bonus (one of the first console games to do this, I think) was a clock and a soundtrack CD. I foolishly thought it was the entire soundtrack, but was one of those discs with just 2-3 songs on it. The clock's sitting on my desk right now.
I played and enjoyed a lot of it. Didn't finish it though, so I'm more than likely going to start it from scratch once I finish CT again.
One thing's for sure. CC had the BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER
-
http://www.gamestop.com/ds
Look at the product description...
Oh holy fuck I laughed a good 5 minutes at that.
-
Nice
they updated the product description again
http://www.gamestop.com/ds
-
Haha! Marty McFly. I wish I got to write ad copy like that.
-
That's great. Kudos to them for having a decent sense of humor.
-
what did the first one say?
-
This game is going for 20$ at a lot of places as K-Man pointed out in another thread so I picked it up. Put in a couple hours tonight, the music... is just amazing, Im really glad its been left fully intact in this. I think I'm gonna try and play this one through, I really want to see if all the hype still lives up.
-
I'll save you some time. It does.
-
Alright so Im a good ways into the game but have a question for this part:
[spoiler]Im at the part where you have a choice to either fight Magus, or except him into your party. I made two saves for each outcome and not sure what to do.[/spoiler]
-
keep him..he totally owns
-
I don't think I've ever not kept him, and I've played through the game a ton.