Overwritten.net
Community => General Discussion => Topic started by: Pugnate on Friday, September 19, 2008, 10:11:22 AM
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_note#Anime
Check it out. I am about to finish with the series. Find a torrent and watch it. It is really really good.
-
yeah, watched this recently myself. peters out a little bit towards the end, but overall it's got to be the best anime series i've seen.
-
I tried watching it last year.. I got about 7 or 8 episodes in then I just couldn't tolerate the irritating, self-absorbed main character anymore.
[spoiler]Maybe I just can't relate to people with a God complex.
This probably isn't a spoiler since you realize his delusion in the first episode but just in case.[/spoiler]
The premise was so-so though. I liked some of of the character interactions but the rest of it was just bleh. Got bored quickly.
I checked out the live-action movies just to get through the story in 2-4 hours rather than sit through the anime series.
Oddly enough I really enjoyed Monster, which most people found boring.
-
Is it anime-like? Because if it is I'm totally going to think you're a chump.
-
Is it anime-like? Because if it is I'm totally going to think you're a chump.
Kinda. It has some CGI and stuff. As it was described to me, it's basically the same story condensed into a 2-part movie set.
There's also another live-action follow-up called L: Change The World that focuses on L.
I got most of the story from the manga anyway. The movie wasn't fantastic but it was a satisfactory retelling of the story in a much shorter time frame.
Y'know what was a good 25-episode anime series? Darker Than Black.
-
I only watched the first episode. It seemed interesting enough, but I don't own it and I never rent anything, nor do I have free money to blow, so... that was about it for me.
Still, no matter how good it is, it pales in comparison to MAXIMUM THE HORMONE (http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=4037.0)!!! Even though I had no idea the two were associated at all and found the latter randomly.