Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: Quemaqua on Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 08:32:14 PM
-
I'm interested, yet somewhat skeptical. Thoughts from those better versed in current cinema than myself?
-
Other than the car, which I remember well from the late 60s, I had no idea what that was about until I read the IMDB entry. Seems like good stuff. Eastwood does it again?
-
So it would seem. I could go for that if it turns out to be true.
-
I so want to see this one...
-
Jennie and I saw this last night. I thought it was fantastic, though I could have done without the song at the very end that Eastwood sang.
Clint Eastwood's character is like the world's biggest asshole. It's a very serious movie overall but has a ton of lighthearted, humorous moments. In a lot of ways it's like Million Dollar Baby in the sense that the pacing, cameras, and way they do the dialog are very close.
-
Clint Eastwood's character is like the world's biggest asshole.
Sounds like a winner already (seriously).
I've heard a lot of great things about this movie...dammit, I wanna see this one....
-
Its the best damned comedy movie I seen in a while. :P
-
This was a great movie! You guys should all go see it!
get off my lawn
-
[spoiler]When I first saw this I was angry about the ending, but after wards I realized that I was tricked by a good movie.[/spoiler]
-
I just watched it. It was beautiful. So far this is my favourite of the Eastwood films. Start to finish it was great story; it really ran me through the gamut of dramatic emotions. I really loved it. I teared man.
The only other movies/shows that have made me tear were The Godfather, part 1 (the scene with Apollonia and the car) and the very end of the Battlestar Galactica finale (with Bill and Laura).
-
Hell, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GiPfCEqK4) made me cry for a while the first time I saw it. It caught me off guard, and it hit too close to home. It still gives me goosebumps.
I've been wanting to watch Gran Torino for a while. Haven't gotten to it yet.
-
Hell, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GiPfCEqK4) made me cry for a while the first time I saw it. It caught me off guard, and it hit too close to home. It still gives me goosebumps.
I've been wanting to watch Gran Torino for a while. Haven't gotten to it yet.
Man, Futurama had a lot of great moments like that. I miss that show.
I think you'll enjoy Gran Torino.
-
Gah. I can't watch that episode. It makes me too sad.
-
Watched it tonight.
It was great.
If you ain't seen it yet...yeah, just go rent it.
-
I saw this last night and it was great. I need to buy it now since I wouldn't mind watching it again.
-
Watched it yesterday. Definitely deserving of all the critical praise. Wonderful movie.
-
Hmm. Dirty Harry 30 years later + serious theme. I thought I'd like it more after all the praise. It seemed too contrived to me.
[spoiler]For one thing, I couldn't understand why his Hmong neighbors' house ended up getting sprayed with lead, rather than his. He's the one who confronted the gang and pissed them off. The movie tried real hard to set up the audience's emotions for the neighborhood and against the almost caricature gang members. Too much black and white for a movie that purports to deal with hard subjects in a realistic way. Notice there wasn't a single bad guy living in the neighborhood? All evil was concentrated on the single-minded, completely undeveloped, and mostly absent gang characters.[/spoiler]
I don't know. I guess I just didn't know what to expect.
-
Just watched it for the first time. The movie was really funny, and the ending was gut wrenching.
[spoiler]It didn't hit me till I saw the dog with her head down, depressed. That really got to me.[/spoiler]
-
Definitely one of my favourite films of all time.
That ending had me in so much agony, man. It took every nerve, every facial muscle to try to stop myself from tearing. Inevitably, I failed. But then, life goes on.
-
I've been wanting to see this, but hearing it has a gut-wrenching ending, I'm less inclined.
-
Que, watch it! You must feel our joy and our pain!