Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: ScaryTooth on Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 02:12:39 PM
-
QT's new movie. I'm interested. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/inglouriousbasterds/)
Each and every man under my command owes me 100 Nazi scalps...And I want my scalps!
-
Must have gotten taken down or something.
-
Fixed it
-
Anyone planning to see this one this weekend? Or sometime soon?
-
I'm seeing this tonight at a midnight showing, can't wait.
EDIT: Quit reading this and go see this movie! I don't want to say too much without spoiling the movie but this was a great movie. This is definitely one of Tarentino's best.
-
Definitely going to hit this up soon.
-
I'm waiting for a matinee, but definitely excited.
-
Awesome movie.
Ending
[spoiler]I think the double rhetoric at the end where Brad Pitt carves the Nazi swastika symbol into the Colonel's head and he says, "I think this is my masterpiece" pretty much signifies how great this movie was -- and how great Quentin knew it was.[/spoiler]
God, that 2 and a half hours flew by. The dialogue is just so good.
Brad Pitt's speaking
[spoiler]Oh, Brad's Italian language speaking was priceless...LOL! The whole theatre was dying of laughter.
"Bonjour-no!"[/spoiler]
-
I haven't seen it yet, but is Samuel L Jackson some sort of a casting whore? He is in everything! It is like if you offer him 20 bucks and a two minute part he will be at your office before you can put the phone down.
-
I haven't seen it yet, but is Samuel L Jackson some sort of a casting whore? He is in everything! It is like if you offer him 20 bucks and a two minute part he will be at your office before you can put the phone down.
He does narration in this flick.
That's about it.
EDIT:
To answer your question, money talks. I think Samuel will do anything for some money.
He was in The Spirit, you know -- he was a lot better than the actual (horrible) movie was.
-
To be fair, Sam Jackson will probably do anything Tarantino asks him to do, because his casting in Pulp Fiction is really what caused his career to take off.
-
To be fair, Sam Jackson will probably do anything Tarantino asks him to do, because his casting in Pulp Fiction is really what caused his career to take off.
Yeah, good point.
-
You spelled "Inglorious Bastards" wrong.
-
(http://www.yourmoviestuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/inglourious-basterds-teaser-poster.jpg)
-
Its still spelled wrong. Someone should get fired for that oversight.
-
Everyone will start spelling it wrong now.
-
The spelling was a bit of a deterrent for me but the moment I found out it was a Tarantino flick I got totally turned off.
-
Everyone will start spelling it wrong now.
"Bastards" is pretty low on the totem pole for stupidly easy words that people need to start spelling correctly.
-
Its still spelled wrong. Someone should get fired for that oversight.
Isn't that the point?
Brad Pitt's character is illiterate, isn't he?
Plus, I'm guessing it's misspelled purposely by Quentin since there's already a movie titled Inglorious Bastards (spelled correctly).
-
They spelled it 'bassterds' on one of the guns that they were carrying. It's definitely done for effect.
Anyway, amazing movie. I can't get over how fucking awesome the dialogue is in Tarantino movies.
-
I can't get over how fucking awesome the dialogue is in Tarantino movies.
Same here.
-
I finally got around to seeing this tonight. And I almost got in a fight...
Okay, so there were two black people sitting in the row in front of us, and every time there was something racist said in the movie, they had to talk extremely loud about it! Of course there is racism in the movie, it's about fucking, Nazis! They were cussing at the Nazi officers and shit. So, I ended up POLITELY asking if they could be quiet, and this guys chick got all offended and shit. She started talking about how she paid her money to see the movie just like me, and that she could talk if she wanted to, blah blah blah, Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch! Anyway, after her cussing at me for a minute or so her dude finally got her to shut up.
So yeah. Awesome movie! The guy who played, Hanz Landa was straight up great. And Brad Pitt was just fun to watch as that character.
He said, GRAT-ZEE!.
Hahaha. loved it.
-
Inconsiderate assholes are becoming the norm in theaters, and yes, they're more often black than not around here. It's one of several big reasons I almost never go to theaters anymore.
-
People in general are inconsiderate assholes. There was a large white fellow who was pretty damn annoying throughout the first couple of minutes of the movie too. But he stopped early on.
But as for the couple...I mean, how are you gonna come to a movie with Nazis in it, and not expect a little bit of racism!? What a fucking retard.
-
Wow. "Once upon a time in Nazi-occupied France", and so it goes. Quite an engrossing fairy tale. Unmistakable Tarantino. The Nazi "Jew hunter" (Cristoph Waltz) stole the movie. I have to watch this again.
-
Is this out on DVD yet? I've wanted to see it for some time, but I avoid movie theaters, for aforementioned reasons.
-
It appears that the official release on video is on December 15th.
-
Which means I need to take a trip to China. It's on the streets. Thanks for the heads up.
-
Either that or your favorite torrent search engine.
-
Great movie.
-
Watched it again tonight. What an awesome fuckin' movie. One of my favs.
"Every German we meet wearing a Nazi uniform... they're gunna die."
-
Yeah. I've watched this movie like every day since I got it for Christmas. Brilliant. Hanz Landa is straight up amazing. I have almost all the dialogue memorized, heh.
This is definitely my favorite movie this year.
-
Hm. I'll have to check it out. I didn't think it looked all that great and I'm not an overall Tarentino fan because I didn't really like Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, or Death Proof, but I do love Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.
Added to my Netflix queue.
-
Just saw it and I loved it.
It is different than other Tarentino films - the gratuitous violence is there, of course, but the reasoning behind the film seems to be different. In all of his other movies the violence is character driven, but in this film the violence driven by him. The reasoning behind the protagonists' actions is based purely on the evil of the enemy - i.e. Nazis are evil and we should kill them.
I'm not saying it's shallower than his other films, just a different approach. I liked it.
-
I liked it but sort of didn't get it. It was just such a strange fantasy. It was funny, and classic Tarantino from the get-go, but it still seemed a little weird somehow. Funny as hell, though, truly.
-
I liked it but sort of didn't get it. It was just such a strange fantasy. It was funny, and classic Tarantino from the get-go, but it still seemed a little weird somehow. Funny as hell, though, truly.
I think it's been said that The Dirty Dozen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dirty_Dozen) and (obviously) the original The Inglorious Bastards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inglorious_Bastards) were two inspirations for this QT flick, if that's any help...
Knowing QT, there's probably a more inspirations than that...
-
Who knows. Tarentino is such a fucking weirdo. For instance that terrible J-pop band he fell in love with and put in Kill Bill. What was the story? He was in some Japanese convenience store and heard it over the store's sound system and just had to get their album. That song was absolutely horrendous.
-
Which song is that? I thought nearly everything in the Kill Bill OST worked well in the movies.
-
Which song is that? I thought nearly everything in the Kill Bill OST worked well in the movies.
This (http://vodpod.com/watch/487553-the-5678s-from-kill-bill).
-
Oh, I agree that's intolerable. I don't remember it in the Kill Bill movies, though. Maybe my mind blocked it as some sort of sanity-preserving mechanism.
-
Hm. I'll have to check it out. I didn't think it looked all that great and I'm not an overall Tarentino fan because I didn't really like Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, or Death Proof, but I do love Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.
Added to my Netflix queue.
Did you ever see it? You like the ones I like and dislike the ones I dislike.
-
So I got around to seeing it. It was so entertaining, and I agree that QT is a master at making scenes with long conversations feel anything but.
I don't think it was a masterpiece though.
-
Did you ever see it? You like the ones I like and dislike the ones I dislike.
Sorry, gpw, I missed this back in March. I still haven't seen it, but it is high on my Netflix queue.
-
Dude, go watch. This is pure entertainment. Lots of gore, though it feels humorous due to the nature of the movie.