Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: wizall on Friday, June 26, 2009, 02:43:57 AM
-
Has anyone seen this doc.? I just watched it, and it absolutely floored me. For those not familiar, I don't want to go into too much detail as I think it's better slightly unknown. The brief description (http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Dear_Zachary_A_Letter_to_a_Son_About_His_Father/70095159?trkid=912834) is enough. But it's one of the rawest, most heart-wrenching documentaries I've seen.
Oh, and it's available on Netflix Instant, too.
Seriously, watch it, but do so with tissues nearby.
Edit: Sorry, I was logged in when I used the link. Everyone can access it here. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152758/plotsummary)
-
It's really good. I can't see that description but I'm assuming it doesn't give anything away. The full title (Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father) is sad enough but what actually happens is so much worse.
-
Can't see the description either. imdb solved that. Yes it does look very sad.
-
I'm pretty sure that I saw this on TV awhile ago.
[spoiler]Is this the one in Canada with the crazy ex-girlfriend who eventually drowns herself and the child?[/spoiler]
If so, it was very, very sad.
-
That's the one. Although they led up to that spoiler it still caught me off guard. Not a pretty site.
-
The aftermath was at least a little uplifting - the grandparents successfully fighting to get laws changed.