Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: MysterD on Friday, July 10, 2009, 01:54:43 PM
-
No, I ain't seen it yet...
So, yeah -- anyone seen Sacha Baron Cohen's new flick Bruno?
If so, how was it? Any thoughts?
Better than Borat? Not as good? Equal? Horrible?
-
I wasn't a big fan of the Bruno sketches on Da Ali G Show. Well, except for one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0&feature=related).
-
I wasn't a big fan of the Bruno sketches on Da Ali G Show. Well, except for [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0&feature=related]one[/url].
Dude, put the equals sign in there. You forgot that!
And BTW -- that link was hilarious at the very end! LMAO!
-
It's actually getting really good reviews. The only people who don't seen to like it are those prudish types that get easily offended.
A co-worker of mine whos opinion I trust(guy is a total movie snob)said it was great, and one of the funniest movies he's seen in a long time.
-
I don't really want to see it. I saw Borat when everyone was saying it was the funniest movie ever. I thought the character was funny, but it got old pretty quick.
-
Looks like a way to waste several hours, much like Borat. Pass.
-
That's how I felt about Borat too. The movie was more of a shock-value fest than anything. So many people were raving about how funny it was but I didn't really get that. It was nothing compared to the Borat segments on the show.
-
It's actually getting really good reviews. The only people who don't seen to like it are those prudish types that get easily offended.
A co-worker of mine whos opinion I trust(guy is a total movie snob)said it was great, and one of the funniest movies he's seen in a long time.
I went and saw it today. My God, it was hilarious. Some of the lengths Sacha took things to went WAY beyond the stuff he did in the last film -- especially with the way his character flaunts his sexuality right in their face..
My. fav scene...
[spoiler]...had to be the swingers' party. LOL @ the straight guy showing Bruno all kinds of different sexual position; Bruno trying to interfere w/ the two people having sex; and then of course the blonde woman whipping the life out of him with a belt b/c he was scared to have sex with her. I was dying laughing.[/spoiler]