Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: Pugnate on Sunday, November 15, 2009, 09:51:44 AM
-
So I didn't want to bog the other thread down and stuff, so here it is... I am just surprised by how much better the game looks as it gets deeper. Initially it looked blocky, but there are bits now that look really nice. BTW, I found that the blood and guts wasn't really as overdone as marketed. That could be because I normally play zoomed out... but I did post all the juicy shots, so they are kinda gory.
(http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6899/screenshot2009111521300.th.jpg) (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521300.jpg/)
(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6379/screenshot2009111521295.th.jpg) (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521295.jpg/)
(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8352/screenshot2009111521291.th.jpg) (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521291.jpg/)
(http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5796/screenshot2009111521265.th.jpg) (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521265.jpg/)
(http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7338/screenshot2009111521263.th.jpg) (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521263.jpg/)
(http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2410/screenshot2009111521224.th.jpg) (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521224.jpg/)
(http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9008/screenshot2009111521203.th.jpg) (http://img5.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111521203.jpg/)
(http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4311/screenshot2009111515251.th.jpg) (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111515251.jpg/)
(http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/48/screenshot2009111515244.th.jpg) (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111515244.jpg/)
(http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6380/screenshot2009111222544.th.jpg) (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2009111222544.jpg/)
(http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/534/celden630.th.jpg) (http://img5.imageshack.us/i/celden630.jpg/)
-
Wow. That looks fantastic, Pug.
*drools*
It's really too bad about the DLC issues...
-
Wow. That looks fantastic, Pug.
*drools*
It's really too bad about the DLC issues...
Meh... I mean, yea it is a problem, but you can just not install any of the DLC and not miss it at all.
I know it sucks though... but it isn't even 1% of the game, so the best option is not to bother with it.
edit:
Should mention that I am primarily an archer... but I decided to switch to my melee weapon set for better screenies. ;)
-
I'm going to have to get this soon. Have to beat MGS4 first.
-
Pug, have you heard about anybody running the game on single-core P4 processors and say a GF 8800 GT and how well or bad it has performed for them and on what graphical settings?
-
D, I am running at max settings with 2XAA at a resolution of 1920x1080. My machine is using an 8800GTX.
There is no way in hell you won't be able to run this decently on a 19'' monitor.
-
Wow, those kind of make me want to play again. I like exploring ruins and shit....damn.
-
D, I am running at max settings with 2XAA at a resolution of 1920x1080. My machine is using an 8800GTX.
There is no way in hell you won't be able to run this decently on a 19'' monitor.
Nice! :)
So, yeah - can we get more screens, Pug? ;)
Haha some of the violence effects are over-the-top :P
The first quest as a human noble involves killing rats (tribute to all RPGs?), and while they're not especially monstrous rats my character looked like he had spent a day stuffing rats with explosives and showering in the rain of their spattered remains! hehe
It would have made more sense if these bloodied effects only appeared after a violent fatality (y'know when you decapitate or dismember enemies).
About rats - I think Planescape: Torment had the best treatment of rats EVER in a RPG.
PST's treatment of rats...
[spoiler]Rats are one of the smartest and deadliest creatures in Planescape - even more powerful, when in packs...[/spoiler]
-
(http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7228/20974559.jpg)
(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/412/99500638.jpg)
(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5636/95809649.jpg)
(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7950/42740925.jpg)
(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5135/36792816.jpg)
-
(http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1509/25095074.jpg)
(http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/111/88771587.jpg)
(http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1838/91184920.jpg)
(http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5487/38708066.jpg)
(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8944/p10zz.jpg)
(http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5381/p11e.jpg)
-
I'm actually going to sit down and have a playsession with DA today, but I'm gonna' school you guys in screenshot-taking afterward. I've got a few pretty good ones to post.
-
Good. I am interested to see screenies from other players.
-
I haven't taken a ton as I tend to take way too many in RPGs. I did manage to get some decent ones for DA, though, since it's an easy game to get good shots in. My only annoyance is not being able to remove the main character from view at any point, making it impossible to take any scenic shots of worth unless they're part of a cutscene.
Anyway, here are a few. I'll probably follow up with a few more later once I do some more stuff. Haven't really done anything shot-worthy in the last number of gameplay hours.
Remember, these are high-res shots, so open them outside the boards for maximum effect.
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA001.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA002.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA003.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA004.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA005.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA006.jpg)
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/posty/DA007.jpg)
-
*unrelated*
Is Idol seriously still on 56k?
-
Yes, yes I am.
-
Yes, yes I am.
:(
Dude, you need DSL or cable or something good where you're at...