Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: gpw11 on Saturday, January 16, 2010, 10:12:57 PM
-
Anyone watch this HBO police drama? It's fucking awesome. I find most of those shows pretty tale, but this might be one of, if not the best, television series I have seen.
-
I LOVE THIS SHOW.
This is probably one of the best shows ever made.
What season are you on?
-
The Wire is awesome. I finished the series a bit over a year ago and I think I'm ready to start it again. I would rank it as the second best tv series of all time. Six Feet Under has carried the top spot for me for a while now.
If you've seen the whole series, relive it here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/16/the-hundred-greatest-quot_n_359784.html
Hundred greatest quotes in ten minutes.
-
I've watched Season 1-3. It's easily the most realistic cop-drama I have ever seen. I love that it isn't black and white like most shows: everything is gray and you can sympathize with every character if you have any heart at all.
-
Damnit, Ive been wanting to watch this show sooo bad. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE that has seen it talks about how awesome it is. Im trying to hold off on buying it, since Ive been now avoiding buying TV shows on DVD and watching them through some streaming service, but this show doesnt have that available anywhere.
-
It is one of those shows that won't grip completely until you give it the time it deserves.
It is just realistic as anything, and very slow paced.
-
I'm just starting season 4. I went through 1-3 in like three weeks and needed a break. Omar might be the best television character ever, and Mcnaulty is certainly up there.
-
I got the entire series box set for christmas after professing for YEARS to my family how awesome this show is. I've done the entire run three times, and once just listening to the commentary (they don't do commentary for every episode).
Omar is bad+ass
-
Yea, it seems to be popular amongst gaming nerds apparently because nearly all the gaming podcasts I've listened to, they have mentioned how awesome this show is so needless to say I have been really damn curious to check it out.
Over the passed couple weeks I watched the first season and all the praise I have heard is totally justified, I am totally hooked.
-
I just watched the second to last episode of season 3.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
-
Don't really remember what went down. Recap?
-
[spoiler]Watching Omar and Brotha blow Stringer Bell away was magical.[/spoiler]
-
If any of you have HBO On Demand you can watch season one right now. Also, you can watch The Corner miniseries that inspired the show. You won't see the same character, but you'll see a lot of the actors.
-
[spoiler]Watching Omar and Brotha blow Stringer Bell away was magical.[/spoiler]
Oh yeah, that's a surprise, eh? One of the most memorable moments in the show.
-
Finished off the last episode today. That was the finest bit of television I will ever see, and I will miss it dearly. The last season was such an awesome way to end it... DAMNIT WHY MUST IT BE OVER.
-
I know. It's depressing knowing that there won't be any more. Still though, one of the only shows that had a very very satisfying ending.
-
David Simon's new show, Generation Kill is supposed to be very very good. I don't know if it'll be as good as The Wire, but I plan on checking it out.
-
I had this strange dream that I was McNulty's informant and was wearing the wire.
-
Well, I just finished the first season tonight... really good stuff. I'm definitely going to be needing to pick up more of it before long. It's the only thing that got me through a couple of rough, lonely nights.
-
Be warned, season 2 is kinda like the uncle we don't talk about, the show kinda goes off the rails on that one.
I'd also recommend Generation Kill, very realistic and surprisingly funny.
-
I thought season 2 was pretty good to be honest. I was likewise warned that it was the worst, but I found it pretty entertaining because it's a side of things you never see crime dramas focus on.
-
I'm on the 5th episode of season 2 now and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first, if not more. I picked up the whole series used for like $75, good deal if you ask me. I love this show. This and Jamie Hyneman's mustache are my only fucking friends.
-
Awesome, welcome to the club buddy.
-
Just finished season 2. What the fuck was wrong with it? I dug it. Different, but just as good as the first, IMO. Had a pretty good chunk of real laugh-out-loud moments, too. Though I watched most of it drunk. Does that matter?
-
Nothing is wrong with it. Everybody seems to have different favourite and least favourite seasons of the show. It's part of the reason it's so good. I really liked season two.
-
I liked it as well, though not as much as the first season. Putting McNulty on coast guard duty or whatever it was kinda sucked though, but good season overall.
-
So I am watching The Wire again, and am in Season 2 for the second time. I thought this the first time as well, but the guy who plays Frank Sobotka is terrible. His hammy overacting is just very off-putting, especially when compared to the quality acting from the rest of the cast.
-
I finished watching it not long ago, I found nothing wrong with him. He was fine, IMO.
-
Yeah, I never noticed it either.