Overwritten.net

Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: PyroMenace on Friday, May 28, 2010, 05:02:16 PM

Title: Inception
Post by: PyroMenace on Friday, May 28, 2010, 05:02:16 PM
I'm sure most of you have heard of it. I'm pretty excited about it, if you don't know it is Christopher Nolan's new movie, looks crazy and awesome.

Inception Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TuSJo4dZM)
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Xessive on Friday, May 28, 2010, 05:11:27 PM
WOah, that looks wicked!
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Friday, May 28, 2010, 07:17:16 PM
Dreamscape 2?  Not quite.  This I'll want to see.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Friday, May 28, 2010, 09:49:01 PM
It's always about the last job, isn't it?
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 11:30:09 PM
Holy shit!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Getting rave reviews.

Quote

Inception is a masterpiece. Making a huge film with big ambitions, Christopher Nolan never missteps and manages to create a movie that, at times, feels like a miracle.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Quemaqua on Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:25:54 AM
That's great to hear.  I caught a preview of it and thought it looked like it could be fantastic if done right.  I might have to actually go see this.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: scottws on Thursday, July 08, 2010, 05:35:10 AM
I was interested as soon as I saw the trailer for the first time.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Thursday, July 08, 2010, 06:29:58 PM
After the bummer with Last Airbender, this is very welcome news.  I really want to see this.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: ScaryTooth on Thursday, July 15, 2010, 02:50:30 PM
Damn. I really wanted to go see this tonight at midnight as I'm off tomorrow. But my lady won't go because it's too late. Blah. So, I have to wait until Monday night.

Unless it rains tomorrow and our Zoo plans get fudged. I kind of want that to happen...
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: scottws on Thursday, July 15, 2010, 07:16:24 PM
Wow you're lucky.  I don't think there is a place in Cincy that does midnight showings anymore, even on weekends.  Jennie and I used to go see 10:00pm movies and then sneak into midnight ones all the time.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: TheOtherBelmont on Friday, July 16, 2010, 01:25:12 AM
I just got back from seeing a midnight showing and fuck was it awesome.  Totally fucking crazy as hell.  Go see this while it is theaters.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: ren on Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:53:14 AM
Just came back from seeing it a few hours ago. Go watch it. That's all you need to hear.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: ScaryTooth on Friday, July 16, 2010, 12:11:42 PM
Zoo plans didn't work out so movie it was!

Wow, that was really freaking cool. I want to see it again, cause I know there was some stuff in there that I didn't catch. I can't even begin to talk about the plot, and it would be pointless, it's something that you have to see to even understand what I'd be talking about. In a sea of reboots, sequels, and remakes, it's awesome to see that someone in the industry still has some awesome new ideas. The movie is fantastic, go see it for sure, don't miss it.

I bet the screenplay, and editing were a total bitch! But damn did it pay off.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: ScaryTooth on Saturday, July 17, 2010, 01:05:30 PM
Inception prequel comic]=http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/inception-comic.html]Inception prequel comic (http://=http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/inception-comic.html)

Cool stuff.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: MysterD on Saturday, July 17, 2010, 01:40:48 PM
Saw this today. Wow, what a movie - awesome stuff.

Hotel Scenes
[spoiler]The hotel scenes were awesome in zero gravity - and also quite funny and comical, too. I loved when Gordon-Levitt wrapped the crew altogether and was transporting them.[/spoiler]

Ending
[spoiler]Bastards leaving it kinda hanging at the end, w/ the top wobbling back into rotation - wasn't sure if that was the "Real" world or another dream worlds. Damn open-ended endings. :P

Of course, that's the point, anyways...is it ALL just a deeply-woven complex dream or not?
[/spoiler]

Oh, BTW - I so love Ellen Page. :)

Can't wait to re-see this one on DVD. What an awesome movie.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: iPPi on Sunday, July 18, 2010, 08:42:19 PM
Awesome movie.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Quemaqua on Sunday, July 18, 2010, 08:49:07 PM
Saw it... dug it.  It was too Matrix-y for me in some ways, but on the whole I thought it was a pretty fantastic movie.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: shock on Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:36:23 PM
Fantastic movie.  It does what a lot of science fiction fails to do IMO: make the moviegoer believe.  It had me hooked from the beginning, and everyone else in the theater.

[spoiler]The spinning top at the end was AWESOME.  A woman literally started screaming when she wouldn't know the answer. [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: angrykeebler on Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:50:01 PM
[spoiler]So a lot of people point out the fact that the spinner started to falter as proof that Cobb was not dreaming. Additionally, whenever he is in a dream he wears a wedding band but never in real life. At the end, he is not wearing a ring.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: shock on Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 07:39:29 AM
[spoiler] Interesting observation about the wedding band.  I think it vibes with the movie that he was awake.  It doesn't really "fit" for me that he was dreaming and the sci-fi universe they set up.  If he was dreaming, was it a sedative induced dream or a normal one?  Sedative induced one would demand 5 layers... and that is a lot of instability, according to the rules.  I don't think the timeframe adds up either: if the WHOLE thing was a dream, he would have had to been asleep for days, even within the the 5 minute to 1 hour proportion. 

My verdict: awake.  Also, the child's faces.  [/spoiler]

I still can't get over how much I enjoyed the movie. 
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: beo on Thursday, July 22, 2010, 02:55:55 PM
awesome film!!

[spoiler]
regarding the ending, i think his wife was right... impossible to know though, and that's kind of the point! very ghost in the shell 2 in that respect.

edit - just read this piece on an ending theory and it makes a lot of sense. this is the correct explanation of the film in my mind: http://www.moviefone.co.uk/2010/07/19/inception-ending-theories/

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: scottws on Monday, July 26, 2010, 07:27:21 AM
Saw this last night and thought it was pretty awesome.  Good to see Hollywood can still make a movie like this.

[spoiler]The only part that I thought was inconsistent was near then end when Adriadne had to jump off the building in order to catch the "kick".  My impression was that the sensation of falling from the next level up would wake the person up and that it would happen without their own action in the dream.  Yet she falls in the dream and that wakes her up even though her sleeping body was falling from the collapsing bunker and should have automatically been kicked.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: idolminds on Monday, July 26, 2010, 11:01:49 PM
[spoiler]I haven't seen the movie yet.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: MysterD on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 05:57:38 AM
LMAO @ Idol's "spoiler."
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 07:48:43 AM
hahha
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 09:45:31 AM
[In my best Laurence Olivier voice]  Is it safe?
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 11:47:11 AM
Indeed.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 12:53:39 PM
Hahaha!

[spoiler]Neither have I.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: scottws on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 01:22:24 PM
So you're a spoiler checker?  I'm surprised.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: idolminds on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 01:48:41 PM
I havent been reading the spoilers. I just wanted to join in with the long string of spoiler posts.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: scottws on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 03:14:55 PM
Sorry, I was talking to Cobra.

Edit:  Aww shoot.  I just realize I missed a few posts.

Nothing to see here!
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 06:43:23 AM
hahah Watch this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e10-insheeption

It takes a bit to warm up.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 09:48:49 AM
Haha!  I'm sure it will be funnier after I watch the movie.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 09:51:23 AM
heheh Cobra I haven't seen it yet either, but I laughed.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Ghandi on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 10:20:32 AM
Yeah I watched it last night, hilarious episode. The shepherd character was one of my favorite South Park characters ever.

"I'm a sheep herder."
"It's pronounced hoarder and yes you are."
"I'm actually herding sheep."
"Yes, you are hurting sheep by hoarding them. It's good you realize that."
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Cobra951 on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 10:57:25 AM
 ;D  The biblical look alone got me chuckling.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: iPPi on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 08:49:51 PM
Fuck the full episode isn't available in Canada's Comedy Network yet.  Gonna have to download it.
Title: Re: Inception
Post by: Pugnate on Friday, February 11, 2011, 02:04:57 PM
Awesome awesome. Just saw it on blu-ray.