Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: idolminds on Sunday, November 12, 2006, 09:19:25 AM
-
Funny (http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2005/11/blue-sky-in-games-campaign-launched.html)
Probably old, but I don't care. It makes a good point.
Favorite line: [spoiler]We want music that goes PLINKY-PLINK AND DOOPY-DOO not "motherfucking west coast mother fucker, y'all"![/spoiler]
-
Interesting and kind of cool. I can't wholly agree with that because I like a lot of my games dark and violent, but then again I'm a huge fan of old-school games that fit the description and would be more than happy to see more of them. I mean... hell, I was really excited when I picked up Klonoa 2 for PS2.
(http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/ps2/klonoa2/klonoa2_screen023.jpg)
-
I think there's definitely a place in gaming for old-school style games and new school style of games.
Though, I think the best idea would be to see games do a combo of some of the strengths of old and new school gaming.