Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 06:35:43 PM
-
PC Gamer's 100 Best PC Games Of All Time - 2011 Edition. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/16/the-100-best-pc-games-of-all-time/)
-
That list is ridiculous. I looked about 4-5 pages of it... nearly all the games are 'new entries' and true gems like Grim Fandango have fallen down to 80th. Minecraft is 17th? World of Warcraft is number 2?
How the hell did Hitman Blood Money get #21? I mean I love the Hitman series, but I always got the impression that it was under-appreciated and most people thought it was a forgettable experience.
Starcraft 2, out for less than a year got #9, while the original is nearly ousted to the bottom of the list.
I think the only one I agree with is Deus Ex at number 1.
-
My jaw dropped w/ SupCom2 at 29.
How the hell did GTA4 go from 15th last year to now this year at 100th?
-
Unreal Tournament rating higher than Quake 3? LIST INVALIDATED
But Tribes is higher than both, so they got something right.
I think they should have cut down on listing multiple games from the same series. I mean, both L4D and L4D2? Counter Strike and CS:S? They are practically the same games. Same could be argued for the Monkey Island games. Fallout vs Fallout 3...not so much since they are quite different.
Also, here is the list. Save you some clicks:
[spoiler] 1. Deus Ex
2. World of Warcraft
3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
4. Team Fortress 2
5. Half-Life 2
6. Rome: Total War
7. Diablo 2
8. Portal
9. StarCraft 2
10. Ultima VII: The Black Gate
11. Company of Heroes Online
12. UFO: Enemy Unknown
13. Arma 2
14. Half-Life
15. Left 4 Dead
16. Sid Meier’s Civilization IV
17. Minecraft
18. Counter-Strike
19. Planescape: Torment
20. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
21. Hitman: Blood Money
22. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
23. Starsiege: Tribes
24. Unreal Tournament
25. Mass Effect
26. Age of Empires II
27. Fallout 3
28. Freespace 2
29. Supreme Commander 2
30. System Shock 2
31. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
32. Homeworld
33. Braid
34. BioShock
35. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
36. Fallout
37. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
38. STALKER: Call of Pripyat
39. The Longest Journey
40. Dragon Age: Origins
41. Doom
42. Mass Effect 2
43. Medal of Honour: Allied Assault
44. Planetside
45. The Sims 3
46. Star Wars: TIE Fighter
47. Battlefield 2
48. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
49. Battle of Britain 2
50. Neptune’s Pride
51. Quake 3
52. Star Control 2
53. System Shock
54. Thief II: The Metal Age
55. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
56. Wurm Online
57. Dungeon Keeper
58. Day of The Tentacle
59. Anachronox
60. Counter-Strike: Source
61. Frontier: Elite 2
62. Left 4 Dead 2
63. SimCity 2000
64. VVVVVV
65. Zeno Clash
66. Torchlight
67. Anchorhead
68. Dwarf Fortress
69. Flight Simulator 2004
70. League of Legends
71. Spelunky
72. Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
73. Zuma’s Revenge!
74. Burnout Paradise
75. Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri
76. Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
77. Command & Conquer: Red Alert
78. Crysis
79. Galactic Civilizations II
80. Grim Fandango
81. Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
82. MechCommander
83. The Curse of Monkey Island
84. Silent Hunter 3
85. Sins of A Solar Empire
86. StarCraft
87. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
88. Dungeon Siege
89. Gothic 2
90. Mirror’s Edge
91. Mount & Blade
92. Red Faction: Guerrilla
93. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
94. The Last Express
95. Audiosurf
96. Football Manager 2011
97. Max Payne
98. Ultima Underworld II
99. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
100. Grand Theft Auto IV[/spoiler]
-
Starcraft 2, out for less than a year got #9, while the original is nearly ousted to the bottom of the list.
Yeah, the original should've been way higher.
-
That list is ridiculous. I looked about 4-5 pages of it... nearly all the games are 'new entries' and true gems like Grim Fandango have fallen down to 80th. Minecraft is 17th? World of Warcraft is number 2?
How the hell did Hitman Blood Money get #21? I mean I love the Hitman series, but I always got the impression that it was under-appreciated and most people thought it was a forgettable experience.
Starcraft 2, out for less than a year got #9, while the original is nearly ousted to the bottom of the list.
I think the only one I agree with is Deus Ex at number 1.
I know it is easy to disagree with lists like this, especially a 100-game one. But come on! My first gripe with it was Red Faction: Guerilla making the list at all. That game is so completely average it doesn't deserve to be on any list with "Best" in the title. But then Starcraft at 86 and SCII at 9? You are kidding, right?