Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Friday, February 18, 2011, 02:52:26 PM
-
NEW -- 10-29-2012:
GameSpot -> Tom McShea - "Medal of Honor: Warfighter's Dirty Secret Fuels the Flames of Hatred". (http://www.gamespot.com/features/medal-of-honor-warfighters-dirty-secret-fuels-the-flames-of-hatred-6399086/)
PC Gamer -> Editorial: Warfighter vs. Allied Assault – how Medal of Honor went astray. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/01/editorial-medal-of-honor-warfighter-vs-allied-assault-and-where-modern-fps-campaigns-go-wrong/)
PC Gamer -> MOH:W Review - 35 (out of 100). (http://www.pcgamer.com/review/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review/)
TotalBiscuit -> "Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell" - using MOH: WF as his example here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHyD49DaeA&feature=plcp)
GameSpot -> PC vs. Consoles - Graphics Comparisons. (http://www.gamespot.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter/videos/medal-of-honor-warfighter-graphics-comparison-6399023/?hd=1&contsessid=3a913b7c556f730e8fcc8f7542b7ae40&prevBounce=6399026)
OLD:
Eurogamer -> EA says MOH:WF's SP should take 5-15 hours to finish; EA pulls 10 hour length of SP off their website. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-25-ea-reckons-the-medal-of-honor-single-player-campaign-can-range-from-five-to-15-hours)
MOH: Warfighter -> REVIEWS. (http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=7602.msg115105#msg115105)
GiantBomb -> 1 hr 43 min QUICKLOOK. (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-medal-of-honor-warfighter/17-6720/)
GameSpy -> No early review copy was sent to them (probably b/c of planned Day 1 Patch), so their review won't be up today (10-23-2012). (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-2011/1226470p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)
Destructoid -> HUGE Launch Day Patch is incoming - click here for the LONG list of patch notes. (http://www.destructoid.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter-gets-huge-launch-day-patch-237255.phtml)
GameSpot -> "A Matter of Authenticity" - Tom McShea & Greg Goodrich (exec. producer for MOH:WF of Danger Close) meet-up and discuss military shooters. (http://url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-H-e0XTE4)
GameSpot - Tom McShea -> "When did regenerating health become realistic?" (http://www.gamespot.com/features/when-did-regenerating-health-become-realistic-6380781/)
Joystiq -> MOH: Warfighter [developed by Danger Close] is planned for October 2012. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/23/report-medal-of-honor-warfighter-is-danger-closes-next-moh-h/)
IGN -> No surprise here - MOH sequel has been greenlit w/ Danger Close again doing the developing. (http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150958p1.html)
-
(http://fatkidatcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/and-not-a-single-fuck.jpg)
-
hahahaha
-
That cat is awesome.
-
hahahah
-
Keebs been on a roll w/ these pics of late... ;D
-
Joystiq -> MOH: Warfighter [developed by Danger Close] is planned for October 2012. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/23/report-medal-of-honor-warfighter-is-danger-closes-next-moh-h/)
(http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/02/mohwarfighter599.jpg)
-
Are they now going for the Ghost Recon style? "Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter" ...
The term "warfighter" makes less sense the more I hear it. It doesn't seem like a real word.. Just an ill-conceived rewriting of "warrior."
-
Destructoid -> HUGE Launch Day Patch is incoming. (http://www.destructoid.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter-gets-huge-launch-day-patch-237255.phtml)
I'd quote the notes normally, but this one would take up A TONS of space. ;)
Click link for the LONG list.
-
MOH: Warfighter
REVIEWS
METACRITIC -- PC (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/medal-of-honor-warfighter); X360 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/medal-of-honor-warfighter); PS3 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/medal-of-honor-warfighter).
PC Gamer
PC Gamer -> "Editorial: Warfighter vs. Allied Assault – how Medal of Honor went astray. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/01/editorial-medal-of-honor-warfighter-vs-allied-assault-and-where-modern-fps-campaigns-go-wrong/)
PC Gamer -> MOH:WF - PC Review -- 35 (out of 100). (http://www.pcgamer.com/review/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review/)
Scored out of 10
GameTrailers -> 6.2 (http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/hlb3uq/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)
GameSpot -> 6.0 -- Written Review (http://www.gamespot.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter/reviews/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review-6399013/); Video Review. (http://www.gamespot.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter/videos/video-review-medal-of-honor-warfighter-6399026/)
Destructoid -> 5.0 (http://www.destructoid.com/review-medal-of-honor-warfighter-237311.phtml)
Eurogamer -> 5 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-24-medal-of-honor-warfighter-review)
Polygon -> 4.5 (http://www.polygon.com/game/medal-of-honor-warfighter/2686)
IGN -> 4.0 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/27/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)
Scored out of 5
GamesRadar -> 3 (http://www.gamesradar.com/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review/)
GameSpy -> 2 1/2 stars. (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-2011/1226481p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)
Grading system - F being lowest, to A+ being highest
1Up -> D+ (http://www.1up.com/reviews/medal-honor-warfighter-review)
No score
GameSpy -> Review In Progress; (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-2011/1226481p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter) Port Authority looks at its PC-specific options & features. (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-2011/1226481p2.html)
-
Ouch.. Glad I only paid $40 rather than the full $60. Still, I'll wait till I play before I pass final judgement on it.
-
Finally played it. Liking it so far. It is buggy as heck though!
On the bright side loading Battlelog as a website is not mandatory! You get the option to launch the game or "launch through Battlelog." Even better in the multiplayer menu Battlelog is actually built into the interface (like it GODDAMN should have been in Battlefield 3). Managing a party, VOIP, etc. can all be done from within the game without having to alt-tab into a redundant website.
Now I expect EA to fix Battlelog for BF3 too and make a proper in-game interface like they were supposed to!
The singleplayer is certainly cinematic and I'm liking it a lot more than the first game. Visually, it's a pretty game! Frostbite 2 is serving it well!
As for the multiplayer, only played a little bit but it has a very interesting structure. It's pretty much all team-based: 2 teams, each with several 2-man squads, you get partnered up with a buddy and it's in your best interest to cooperate. It's a unique structure and I'm curious how it will hold up.
Anyway, the game needs a lot of polish. I, for one, am experiencing a gamebreaking bug where I cannot progress in the singleplayer.
[spoiler]Apparently, for one mission, the game automatically shuts down and loads up a different exe specifically for a car chase mission. Kind of a strange choice but anyway, I accept and move on. I finish the mission, the game shuts down again but when it attempts to load up the original exe so I can resume the next chapter, it just hangs on a black screen. A few others seem to facing the same issue.[/spoiler]
-
GiantBomb -> 1 hr 43 min QUICKLOOK. (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-medal-of-honor-warfighter/17-6720/)
LOL @ the first 8 1/2 mins involves them downloading 50+ MB patch; installing 1.7 GB textures from the disc; and EA sent them some pizzas that came w/ the game's patch notes.
-
Polygon review - 4.5 (out of 10). (http://www.polygon.com/game/medal-of-honor-warfighter/2686)
This might explain what Xessive was talking about...
[spoiler]The only inspired moments in Medal of Honor Warfighter’s campaign come from another studio, in the form of driving sequences developed by Need For Speed: The Run studio EA Black Box. These should be awful distractions, but they’re tense, fast, and fun. They were welcome reprieves from the otherwise constant boredom and intermittent frustration.[/spoiler]