Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Thursday, May 05, 2011, 04:41:02 PM
-
NEW:
PC Gamer -> SIX UbiSoft Studios are working on this ACR game. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/16/assassins-creed-revelations-being-developed-by-six-studios-movie-planned/)
OLD:
1Up -> Assassin's Creed: Revelations announced, which is said to be the end of the Ezio trilogy. (http://www.1up.com/news/assassin-creed-revelations-concludes-ezio-story)
-
So they managed to turn what was going to be one trilogy into two. I don't doubt the how good Brotherhood reportedly was, but going with Ezio again with such a quick turnaround might be pushing the goodwill the second game got a little too far.
-
I guess people really liked Ezio as well as the time period of this 'spin-off' trilogy.
I still have to play Brotherhood.
-
I still need to pick up AC: Brotherhood, as well.
But, yeah - can we move on from Ezio as a main character already?
Ezio needs a break or maybe a minor role in some games [like Altair was in AC2].
I really like this Ezio guy and all - but, I'd like to see another brand new assassin.
It's cool that it looks like Altair is coming back as playable for ACR - Lord knows how brief that will or will not be.
-
Joystiq -> More details on AC:R. (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/06/assassins-creed-revelations-details-from-gi-hookblades-bom/)
- Ezio is the main playable character
- Desmond and Altair are also playable characters (probably minor roles)
- Most of the game takes place in Constantinople (now Istanbul)
- Four main districts: Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata.
- Some of the game will also take place in Cappadocia
- You can establish Dens and these upgrade buildings to add even ziplines across rooftops
- New hook-blade for traveling (across ziplines) and as a weapon
- Side missions are gone; random events here instead [i.e. you see a shop owner robbed, mission begins]
-
I have yet to play 2, let alone Brotherhood. 2 is getting pretty cheap now, so I'll probably jump on it soon.
-
I have yet to play 2, let alone Brotherhood. 2 is getting pretty cheap now, so I'll probably jump on it soon.
AC2 is great.
-
AC2 and Brotherhood are both fantastic games. Though I'm a little concerned with how they will make the next game without it feeling like its the same thing as the last 2 games. Brotherhood did a great job of making things fresh and interesting after the AC2 but I don't know how they will be able to do that again.
-
AC2 and Brotherhood are both fantastic games. Though I'm a little concerned with how they will make the next game without it feeling like its the same thing as the last 2 games. Brotherhood did a great job of making things fresh and interesting after the AC2 but I don't know how they will be able to do that again.
Well, taking the game away from Italy and adding a hook-blade for multiple purposes seems like a start...
I hope it's MORE than that, though...
I don't know if I like that set side-missions are gone. Probably would've been better for AC:R to have both random missions AND set side-missions.
-
Blarg... (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/ubisoft-to-apply-assassins-creed-development-model-to-other-franchises/3177/)
Well, the series had a good run and a potentially interesting story. Now they'll never allow it to conclude and it'll just get stupid. Horray for profits.
-
Not surprising, I didn't really care THAT much for the story anyway.
-
PC Gamer -> SIX UbiSoft Studios are working on this ACR game. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/16/assassins-creed-revelations-being-developed-by-six-studios-movie-planned/)
-
PC version delayed until in December.
Console versions still on track for Nov 15th. (http://www.shacknews.com/article/70391/assassins-creed-revelations-delayed-on-pc)
-
REVIEWS
IGN - PS3 and X360 -> 8.5/10 = Written review (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212370p1.html); Video Review. (http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/14/assassins-creed-revelations-video-review?objectid=93900)
GameSpot -> PS3 and X360 - 8.0/10 = Video Review. (http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-revelations/videos/video-review-assassins-creed-revelations-6345405?tag=topslot;thumb;1); Written review. (http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-revelations/reviews/assassins-creed-revelations-review-6345194?tag=games%3Bgame_title%3B1)
G4TV -> 4/5 stars. (http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65220/assassins-creed-revelations/review/)
GamePro -> PS3 and X360 - 3.5/5 stars. (http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/224896/review-assassins-creed-revelations-360-ps3/)
GameTrailers -> 8.8/10 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-assassins-creed/723914)
GameInformer -> 8.75/10 from Matt Miller; 9.25 from Joe Juba. (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_revelations/b/xbox360/archive/2011/11/14/assassin-39-s-creed-revelations-review-new-ideas-aren-39-t-always-good-ideas.aspx)
StrategyInformer -> 9.0/10. (http://www.strategyinformer.com/ps3/assassinscreedrevelations/1732/review.html)
1Up -> B+ grade for all platforms. (http://www.1up.com/reviews/assassins-creed-revelations-ps3-xbox360)
Eurogamer -> X360 review - 7/10. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-14-assassins-creed-revelations-review-review)
VideoGamer -> 7/10. (http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/assassins_creed_revelations/review.html)
Edge -> 7/10. (http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/assassins-creed-revelations-review)
Giant Bomb -> Quicklook. (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-assassins-creed-revelations/17-5244/)
-
I loved AC and ACII. I didn't finish Brotherhood yet though I might during Christmas. The games are starting to feel too similar. I'll probably pick up Revelations next year when it's $19.99.
-
ACR - Story Recap Trailer. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-revelations-story-recap-trailer/)
WARNING: This trailer has SPOILERS from AC1, 2, and Brotherhood.
-
Reviews have rolled in (sorry can't link to them since I can't access them from my office).
I recall Gamespot gave it an 8.0.
-
G4TV -> Explaining their 4 star review for ACR. (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56289/assassins-creed-revelations-in-depth/)
-
Shouldn't the review explain the score?
Edit: Oh. I guess this is a review. Fair enough.
-
Shouldn't the review explain the score?
Edit: Oh. I guess this is a review. Fair enough.
That is NOT their full review.
They been doing short "in-depth" explanations AFTER their reviews for some games [especially BIG titles], of late.
Here's both their 4-star video (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56290/assassins-creed-revelations-video-review/) and written reviews. (http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65220/assassins-creed-revelations/review/)
-
It's their concise review. Fair enough.
I thought that they put out a video because they felt their review needed more explanation... which should have been in the review. Sorry. I've just been grading papers for the last three hours and am getting annoyed when people don't say what they need to in their work.
-
I started the game last night and the main quests, for the most part, felt pretty good.
[spoiler]That hanging on the back of a rope mission was awesome, trying to pull yourself closer to coach.
And driving a stage coach and ramming the enemy mission was awesome.[/spoiler]
But, what's up w/ the first-person missions as Desmond on Animus Island? While the first one I did a pretty good job of telling a story and narrative, they just...aren't that fun. I think it's just hard to make a first-person platformer really work, in most instances. Maybe they should've kept these in 3rd person? Or allowed for a toggle switch b/t 3rd or 1st person.
And what's up w/ the Dens? Maybe this tower defense thing would've been better for me w/ an active pause button...like many other strategic-style BioWare games.
[spoiler]Didn't help when I failed the first time when the big thing came out ramming my barricades, I failed the mission, so....[/spoiler]
...It basically restarted the WHOLE mission w/out offering any checkpoints, when I failed the mission. Ugh.