Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: gpw11 on Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:21:48 AM
-
http://www.terraria.org/
You Minecraft fags might enjoy this.
-
Looks interesting.
-
Holy fuck that trailer was awesome.
-
Yeah, I thought it might appeal to some people here, especially considering the post I saw on it was entitled "Minecraft + Metroidvania?"
-
Four pack available on Steam for $29.99
-
Has anyone tried this yet? Is it worth the $10 on Steam?
-
I haven't, but I think I'm about to bite. I can't help it. It looks too awesome.
EDIT - I bit, and it's awesome. I'll have a demonstrative video up shortly detailing the how and why of the awesome.
-
Did you buy via Steam? If so I may grab it tomorrow, I want some peeps to play this with if I get it.
-
Steam is the only option, far as I know, otherwise I wouldn't have.
My little video thing got carried away (this game is exactly the same kind of time sink as Minecraft, except now you actually have a bunch of creative weapons and armor, 30 enemy types, and bosses to fight, so it's even worse), but hopefully I'll have that up before long. So I'll just say this for now: if you liked what you saw in the trailer, just buy the game. It's all that plus some.
-
Okay! Video is happening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cD4W6_eQ2Y)!
Looks pretty decent in HD, and includes insane world map at the end showing you just how huge the game can be. Just wanted to show the opening stages of the game, and you get to see my little town go up from virtually nothing to a thriving little community.
-
Dude, awesome video, really well done all around. I'm sold now. Gonna get this tomorrow.
Have you tried co-op (or can you have more? I dunno)?. I would love to play with some people here when I get it. You seem to know a bit about the interface and mechanics, so I'll have to tinker around a bit to figure everything out before we get going.
-
Tinkering is necessary. It's got a bit of the same Minecrafty wonkiness to it initially, takes a little time to figure out how to do everything. I haven't tried coop yet because I don't know anybody else with a working copy of the game, heh. I think shock said he picked it up, and idol is trying desperately, but apparently Steam doesn't want his business.
-
Well let me figure everything out tomorrow when I have some time and maybe we can get a game going this weekend, we will make shock play. And hopefully Idol figures out his issues.
-
Yeah, that'd be awesome!
EDIT - Wait... what? It's almost 5 in the fucking morning and I've been playing how long?
...
... HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!
-
That sounds too familiar. I so hate bleary-eyed mornings.
Nice job putting that together. The game looks like quite an addictive time sink.
-
Really having fun with this game... feel like it's got something for everyone, and beginning to think that it doesn't have to be a pure time sink. In a smaller world with more resources you could move a lot faster, and once you know what you're doing, I think you can aim your endeavors in more marked fashion. Haven't enjoyed a game this much in a very long time.
Anyone up to play this weekend? I may be gone for a good chunk or even all of it, though not really sure yet. Either way... tonight would be a great night to play! I'll be playing all night regardless.
If I can get Nick to open ports for me on the network, I'd be happy to host, and I have an established world that would be a fun place for newbies to the game to get their feet wet, with lots of already-established tunnels and a town that has everybody except the Dryad and Arms Dealer NPCs.
-
Que...are you gonna be on tonight? I'm tempted to buy it.
-
I ended up getting this since I finished up LA Noire yesterday and I'm liking it a lot so far. Trying to find some iron ore right now so I can make a chest so I can store stuff in my safehouse.
-
Man, I'm gone the weekend and this is all I come back to? Was hoping to hear some great war stories upon my return. Anybody been playing?
-
Alright. I've got medium sized world up with at least Idol running around. If anyone wants to join feel free.
Game info:
[spoiler]IP: 98.235.80.96
PW: zomgidol[/spoiler]
Hope to see you there.
-
Sorry I missed it, Sy. I had hoped to play but just couldn't get back home in time.
Once I get stuff set up at my new place, I'll put up a dedicated server for everybody.
-
I can set up a server at some point too if you run into any problems later Que. It's just been a bit hectic here lately with my roommate moving out and a new one moving in.
-
Sorry I jetted unexpectedly last night. Something came up. Anyhow, it's readily apparent I need to spend some time with the game. What you guys had going last night was pretty neat.
-
I think I should be able to get it going again at some point tonight. We should do it again.
-
I'm down!
-
Alright. There's a world up right now with (hopefully) the same info as before. I'm not in right now, but I should join in soon after I take care of some stuff.
-
Doesn't seem to want to let me connect... active refusal.
EDIT - Got it sorted out and that was some seriously epic fun. Running around hitting rocks with hammers... it almost felt like a Fishminers Union... uh, reunion.
-
Another game's up. If you folks want to run around feel free. I might or might not join you tonight. Depends on how the work goes.
Looks like there's a new patch up that allows for higher resolutions and for the host to actually be in the game without starting a new instance. Good stuff, although at my max resolution things might be a little too small, so I just went lower. At least I can use proper aspect ratios and the full screen now.
-
Dunno if they added some kind of license check or if the netcode changed too much but every time I tried to join your server it would download the blocks and as soon as it brought me into the game I would immediately lose connection.
-
It's great that they added the ability to change the window size, but unfortunately they don't allow you to change the res unless fullscreen, which means you have to play with super duper tiny sprites in windowed mode now. But then you can see like this huge portion of the world you couldn't before... so I dunno' if I like it or not. Once I start paying I tend to forget about it either way.
-
1.0.4
Added Feature! - Social Slots. All normal armor and vanity items can be placed here to use their graphical appearance in place of equipped gear without overriding their stat gains.
New Vanity Items - Tuxedo Shirt and Pants
New Vanity Items - Plumber Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Items - Hero Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Item - Bunny Hood
New Vanity Item - Fish Bowl
New Vanity Item - Top Hat
New Vanity Items - Archaeologist's Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Item - Ninja Outfit.
New Vanity Item - Red Hat.
New Vanity Item - Summer Hat
New Vanity Item - Robe
New Vanity Item - Robot Hat
New Vanity Item - Gold Crown
New Item - Leather
New Item - Green Dye
New Item - Black Dye
You can now wear the Jungle Rose in your hair
The Water Candle’s enemy spawn rate increase effect now works correctly when held
Some items that were missing ‘lore text’ in their tool-tips now have them.(Breathing Reed,Grappling Hook Jungle Rose.)
Ammo items are now listed as Ammo in their tool-tip and Equipable Items that offer no stat bonus list as Vanity Items in their tool-tip. Items used in any recipe now list as Materials, in their tool-tip.
The Magic Hat now offers 2 Defense to its wearer and the Empty Bucket now offers 1 Defense to its wearer.
Dungeon Blocks now require at least a Nightmare Pick to mine, unless they are near the spawn location, where they can be mined by any pick.
Phoenix Blaster has had a reduction of stats to balance better with other items of its tier.
Gem, Mushroom and Bottle sell values have been reduced.
Hell Forges above the rock layer can be moved with any hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
Angel Statues are now more rare of a find.
NPCs
New NPC - Bunny
New NPC - Goldfish (Is also an Item)
New Enemy - Corrupt Bunny
New Enemy - Corrupt Goldfish
New Enemy - Piranha
New Enemy - Harpy
New Random Mini- Boss - King Slime
New Enemy - Bat
New Enemy - Jungle Bat
New Enemy - Jungle Slime
New Enemy - Snatcher
New Rare Enemy - Dr. Bones
New Rare Enemy - The Groom
New NPC - A Clothier will now move into your town when the conditions are met.
Enemy spawn distance has been pushed back to the maximum resolution to ensure that they will never spawn on the screen.
Enemy spawn rates have been adjusted to account for the increased spawn distance.
Enemy projectiles no longer drop hearts or stars when killed by the player.
The Eater of Worlds now has Higher HP, Def and Dmg, making battling him more difficult.
Hornets no longer appear as if they are about to flip over while flying.
The Dead Miner is now a bit stronger.
Tim’s spawn chance has been reduced.
Player
Players now have 1 second of invulnerability after they spawn.
The eat/drink animation now plays correctly.
World-Gen
Surface Jungle’s are now possible on mud that is on the surface. Jungle trees will auto-grow on their own, as acorns are not usable on the jungle grass.
Chasms are now less frequent to appear, but always have an orb.
Mud now ‘blends’ graphically with dirt, rather than stone to add for a more crisp look in Jungles.
Jungle plants now grow underwater.
Multiplayer
Increased client side security.
Selecting summon items will no longer cause monsters to summon.
Players with a name over 20 characters will now get booted from the server.
Added some minor anti-grief protection.
Fixed a bug that would cause the client to attempt to summon an NPC during a multiplayer game and crash.
Added the -host command line parameter to the client.
Server
Improved server timing, which should help reduce lag.
Added several new command line and config options. These are listed in serverconfig.txt
Servers will now output to crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.
Clients will now output to client-crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.
Misc.
Screen resolutions now have limits of 800x600 minimum and 1920x1200 maximum.
Added an option that will pause the game while talking to an NPC or opening your inventory in single player. It defaults to off.
Added an option to automatically save the world every 10 minutes. Defaults to on.
Added a prompt to load a world backup if the current world is corrupt.
Added a check to determine if a world file was loaded successfully.
Attempting to Launch the game from the Terraria.exe, will now inform you to launch via Steam rather then doing nothing at all with no indication of why.
Backing out of the port selection screen now plays the correct sound.
Setting options now correctly align with the center of the screen in all resolutions.
The settings menu has been reorganized. All video related options have their own menu
The “Tink” sound now has a more dull sound.
The Re-Logic splash screen, now scales correctly in other resolutions.
-
Fucking hell. I know what I'm doing when my move is over...
-
Just installed it. Starting it up now. Add me!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tux259
-
Just installed also, ZenAgain10 on Steam
-
What an addicting, confusing, and deep game. Can't wait till I have a real idea of what is going on. But this is very fun.
-
Yeah, deep is the word. I just played for 3 hours and I've hardly done anything. Built a little house for myself, explored a bit, and built another house hoping that a merchant would move in, but so far no luck. Which isn't surprising, because it's possibly the shittiest house that I have ever laid eyes on.
-
I've spent about 8 hours playing it today. It just gets more and more addicting.
I build a 10 room apartment building/skyrise. :)
-
What the fuck? Everybody starts playing as soon as I can't?
-
Why can't you play?
So I built a new world with my guy, carried my items over. I didn't really have much, only played a few hours. I built a small world instead of a medium and I'm really glad that I did. I looked online about how to lure npc's (my buildings weren't to code apparently). I quickly got the merchant in town after building a few houses. I built myself a nice starting building out of stone and ventured down. Found tons of resources (even found some topaz and purple stuff, forget the name). I found this really awesome boomerang, called an enchanted boomerang. Only does 12 damage but its ranged and repeatable and it lights up everything. Completely awesome.
-
Aww snap. That sounds awesome. Hope I find one soon. I've only found like one unique thing, and it lets me swim. For weapons, I used all of the gold ore I found and made myself a gold bow. I use that with the Flaming arrows. It works great. I can kill zombies in 3 hits and demon eyes in 4. And the arrows are super cheap to make (wood and stone, then gel from a dead slime for the flaming part).
I'm still pretty low on ore for everything (copper, silver, gold, iron). It's taking a LONG time to find much. I'm doing a small world, too. I have huge, deep caves. But they are all full of stone and dirt.
Oh, I spent about 2-3 hours yesterday fighting in the corruption (as I later figured out it is called). It was awesome. And terrifying. It also goes on FOREVER. I kept going into it, clearing a bunch (enemies spawn in waves, and they do it every 3 seconds or so), dying, then going back again. I think my gear is still too crappy, though.
I did multiplayer with my brother last night. It's really fun to pull someone into your world. I showed him my hotel. He was awestruck. :P
-
I tried adding you Shock but it won't find you on Steam.
I started up a small world too, I just have some copper armor, a silver sword and an iron bow. Found 2 chests, one had some flippers and the other had a magic mirror. I also had a meteor crash within the first 20 minutes of going into the world.
Belmont made a world the other night and a couple of us went in and fucked around a bit just to test how it is. Hopefully someone can setup up a dedicated world soon.
-
If anyone is interested, tonight we can play some multiplayer on a large world I am hosting. My friend and I already built a big multi-story house on it with some storage chests on each floor for anyone to use, so anyone who comes can get started on mining and other stuff right away. I also created a map with the Terraria World Viewer of the world if anyone wants it emailed to them if they want to play. Anyone who is interested let me know here and I'll PM you the details or give them to you in Steam. My Steam ID is TheOtherBelmont.
-
That sounds awesome. Hopefully I can squeeze in a few minutes to check it out at the very least.
-
I'd love to play with you guys. I'll add you tomorrow.
I'm about done with all of the stuff in the game right now, with the exception of the Underworld (which seems impossible). I am still grinding out my Jungle legs is all. I have lots of duplicate items, and LOTS of leftover armor/bars (particularly Demonite). I'd be happy to bring it all to you guys and upgrade your stuff if you need it.
-
So Idol and Que joined up tonight and it was fun, killed two bosses and yelled at NPCs. We'll have to do that again sometime soon.
-
Next version will be cool (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/one-month-a-milestone.30213/)
To that end, We give you, Hardcore Mode.
I Mentioned it briefly in a tweet, to let everyone know it was on its way. I can verify now that It will be in 1.0.5 and it will offer to those who find themselves wanting more to do in Terraria, an option at just that. Yes, it will be an 'option' and wont be forced on everyone.
Here are a few things I can say about it.
Its a Character Based option, so your HCM character can move between servers. Be careful though. As a non-HCM players grief can end your run quite easily
Its set at character creation and can not be toggled off for that character afterward.
If you Die, thats it, game over. You must start a new Character at that point. Your world however will not be effected by this. So this means you may start a new HC mode character and utilize the house/chests your last character left behind. You will also see a gravestone where your old character met his fate.
It really changes the way you play the game, as every action could be your last. Caution is a good thing. Also, There is more of a sense of accomplishment as you play.
Now, for those of you who want to know what else is coming, here are a few tidbits from the change log.
Lighting code has been optimized to increase performance.
Servers now hibernate when no players are connected.
Bats, Hornets, and Eyeballs no longer enter water.
Slimes now float in water.
Spam detection is less aggressive.
New Item - Hellfire Arrow. (Boom!)
Furthermore, for those of you who like to know whats going on in your server, and are tired of simply seeing "MrMan was slain..." when someone else dies , will now have the satisfaction of seeing the likes of the following;
"Blue fell to his death." or "Blue had his head ripped off by a Green Slime."
-
Post your headquarters!
(http://www.theflyingmonkeyapparatus.com/images/QueTerraria.jpg)
Had a hell of a time splicing this together in paint (after my install of Win7 I still don't have all my graphics progs), but this looks good enough to give the idea. Right click and "view image" as per the usual to get past the forum limitations and view it full-size.
-
Looks awesome. I'll post my hotel when I'm back in my computer.
Long shot, but does anyone have a pair of jungle legs they don't want or need? I've been farming them for days but no luck. Is happily trade for almost anything! Including any hellfire/molten stuff. I'll farm whatever, but I can't farm the underground jungle any more. Haha.
-
Hooray I beat Skeletron solo today on my single player world and am now exploring the dungeon. I have all of the molten gear and a Sunfury so I kicked his ass pretty quick. I would post pics of my huge ass castle but anytime I try to use the print screen command it only pastes a blank picture at the correct resolution, if anyone wants to see my headquarters sometime I can just set up a server to it for anyone to join.
-
Insane changelog of insanity (http://store.steampowered.com/news/5716/)
NPCs
New Enemy - Lava slime, this enemy leaves behind lava on death
New Enemy - Hellbat
New Enemy - Demon
New Enemy - Jellyfish (Two variations, Pink and Blue)
New Enemy - Shark
New Enemy - Vulture
New Enemy - Crab
New Enemy - Antlion
Changed the way worm enemies spawn.
Bats, Hornets, and Eyeballs no longer enter water.
Slimes now float in water.
Only one giant slime will appear at a time.
The Guide now seems quite knowledgeable in what an item can be made into if you show it to him.
NPC shops now sell some items on certain nights, or after certain events.
Devourers should no longer gain random other enemies as its head.
The Nurse now charges the correct amount for healing.
Bats now have a death sound effect.
Talking to the old man at night will give the player a warning now before summoning the dungeon boss.
Entering the dungeon before defeating Skeletron now spawns a new NPC instead of Skeletron’s head. This should fix several issues with that event.
Enemy coin drops have been adjusted.
Man Eaters and Snatchers are no longer effected by knockback and can attack through walls.
Eater of Souls’ and Hornet AI has been improved.
Enemies now take up different amount of *slots* depending on AI style and strength. This will help balance conditions when there are lots of strong monsters spawned at once, such as Imps and Bone Serpents.
Fish are no longer upside-down when out of water.
Green slimes have been weakend so that start players can deal with them more easily.
Slimes and Flying enemies no longer make a splash sound when hitting water.
Items of “Blue Rarity” or higher no longer burn up in lava.
Burning Skull has been renamed to Cursed Skull, and given different AI.
Enemy caster’s have had their rate of fire slowed down.
Meteor heads have less health, do more damage, and move slower.
There are now slight size variations to the Eater of Souls and the Angry Bones.
Skeletron has less defense and health.
Items
New Feature : Buffs activated by Using Potions. Right click a buff to remove it from yourself.
New Item : Hellfire Arrow.
New Item : Sandgun.
New Item : Guide Voodoo Doll.
New Vanity Items : Familiar Wig, Shirt, Pants to be worn in Social slots to “Hide your Armor”.
New Vanity Items : Doctors Shirt and Pants.
New Item : Diving Helmet.
New Item : Night’s Edge
New Item : Dark Lance
New Item : Demon Scythe
New Item : Trident
New Item : Coral
New Item : Cactus
New Item : Spear
New Item : Glowstick
New Item : Sticky Glowstick
New Item : Throwing Knife
New Item : Poison Knife
New Item : Silver Bullet
New Item : Wooden Boomerang
New Item : Blowpipe
New Item : Seed (Ammo for Blowpipe)
New Item : Obsidian Skin Potion
New Item : Regeneration Potion
New Item : Swiftness Potion
New Item : Gills Potion
New Item : Defense Potion
New Item : Mana Regeneration Potion
New Item : Magic Power Potion
New Item : Featherfall potion
New Item : Spelunker Potion
New Item : Invisibility Potion
New Item : Shine Potion
New Item : Night Owl Potion
New Item : Battle Potion
New Item : Thorns Potion
New Item : Archery Potion
New Item : Water Walking Potion
New Item : Hunter Potion
New Item : Gravitation Potion
New Item : Daybloom
New Item : Daybloom Seeds
New Item : Moonglow
New Item : Moonglow Seeds
New Item : Blinkroot
New Item : Blinkroot Seeds
New Item : Deathweed
New Item : Deathweed Seeds
New Item : Waterleaf
New Item : Waterleaf Seeds
New Item : Fireblossom
New Item : Fireblossom Seeds
New Item : Shark Fin
New Item : Feather
New Item : Gold Chest
New Item : Bottled Water
New Item : Tombstone
New Item : Illegal Gun Parts
New Item : Antlion Mandible
The Silver Short swords recipe has been corrected, it is now craftable.
Torches and candles no longer work when wet.
Destroying a placed sign while you are reading it will no longer cause your character to become frozen.
Rocket boots no longer require mana. They will provide lift for 1 second and recharge every time the player touches the ground or uses grapple. Lift speed has been slightly increased to offset loss of long flights. This makes the boots more viable for caster Characters.
The explosion animation for bombs is now correctly displayed in multiplayer.
There is now a message pop-up when the player receives an item.
Filled Buckets may no longer be emptied into solid ground.
Pots in the underworld now have a chance to drop hellfire arrows.
Handgun and Phoenix Blaster have been reduced in size.
Lowered the knockback of Muramasa.
Reduced the damage of the Blue Moon.
Flintlock Pistol and Musket have increased damage.
Only normal trees drop acorns.
Falling sand clumps are no longer carried by magic missiles/flamelash.
Jungle armor is no longer a drop. It is a craftable set.
Magic Mirror now requires mana to be used.
Harpoon and Maces now correctly show the player’s arm animation.
The arms dealer will sell unholy arrows at night after the Eater of Worlds has been defeated.
Space Gun does more damage, but only penetrates 2 enemies.
Server
Spam detection is less aggressive.
Increase multiplayer security.
Fixed a bug that could crash the server when the max amount of clients are connected.
Added an option to enable additional cheat protection for servers.
Servers now hibernate when no players are connected.
Blood Moons now stop correctly if time is changed to day by the server.
Game Interface
Upon death, A more specific death message will appear for other players, so they know how you died.
The crafting and armor interface text will fade out when an item tooltip is in front of it.
The Hot Bar now shows the name of the selected item.
PVP now requires 5 seconds between Activation and Deactivation and visa versa to prevent PVP spam. The same cooldown is in effect for Team Changing as well.
Added hotkeys for quickly drinking healing, mana, and buff potions.The healing/mana potion you use is based on the same principle arrows are. Top-Left most item first. The buff potions are all used at once.
Holding right click on an empty space in the inventory will no longer make a sound effect as if something was there to be picked up.
Defense totals are now shown in your inventory.
World Gen
Tweaked the way sand is created during world gen. (Requires new world.)
Oceans are now slightly larger and generation layout has been improved. (Requires new world.)
Cactus now grow on sand.
Coral now grows in the ocean.
Chests can now spawn near the surface of the world. They will contain treasure that new players may find useful. (Requires new world.)
Chests and pots now contain loot based on the level they spawn in. (Requires new world.)
Gold chests will now spawn in some parts of the world. (Requires new world.)
Corrupt chasms have less of a chance to spawn on jungles. They also now have a cave connecting most of the chasms. (Requires new world.
Traces of demonite are created during world gen. (Requires new world.
Surface jungles have been enlarged, and will override deserts. (Requires new world.
-
Holy shit. I was literally just about to put Terraria on the shelf because I had largely acquired everything, but I guess I may need to finish some stuff up with this patch.
"Jungle armor is no longer a drop. It is a craftable set."
RAWR I SPENT SO LONG FARMING MINE
-
If you guys are interested in seeing your whole map, check out Terrafirma (http://seancode.com/terrafirma/). View it as dots like that other mapper, but you can easily zoom in and out, use the actual game textures, highlight specific blocks, see whats in each chest, or if you're a purist you can toggle lighting on so you can't see places that are unlit.
-
Holy crap that update is huge! Terrafirma is pretty neat, I may actually just use that exclusively from now on instead of Terraria World Viewer.
-
Next patch for Terraria to make the game 150% more difficult. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/21/terraria-to-become-150-more-difficult-with-upcoming-patch/)
Also, here's the planned patch-log for the next patch.
New Additions and Changes
Inventory/GUI improvements:
Colored inventory boxes.
Loot All and Quick Stack Chest functions.
Trash Can which allows you to retrieve the last item thrown away.
Items picked up will be placed in the bottom right corner of the inventory first.
Lock button which prevents the hotbar from being altered.
Four new inventory slots for ammo.
Exact health value will be shown above the health bar.
All mana items will be blue instead of purple.
Health gain text will be green.
Right-clicking equippable items will equip them.
Shift-clicking items will vendor them (if trading with an NPC) or will otherwise trash them.
Ammo consuming weapons placed in the hotbar will now display how much ammo there is remaining.
The seven most recently connected servers will now be displayed in the Multiplayer menu.
It is no longer possible to drop items through the spaces between boxes in the inventory.
Grapple hotkey added.
New sounds on some currently quiet enemies/events.
Magic and mana system overhauled.
The rate of mana regeneration is based on a percentage of your maximum mana.
Regeneration rate further varies depending on your current mana (less = slower).
Mana regeneration bonuses have been converted to maximum mana bonuses.
Healing potion effectiveness reduced and cooldown increased (Potion Sickness debuff which lasts 60 seconds).
Life now regenerates automatically. The longer it’s been since you’ve been hit, the faster it regenerates.
Damage given and received has a 15% variance. There is also a 4% chance of a critical hit which deals 100% extra damage (player to enemy only).
New hairstyles.
New dungeon content:
Spinning spike-ball trap.
Locked Chests which require Keys to open.
Increased Spike spawn during world generation.
New Night’s Edge and Dark Lance sprites.
Items sold to NPCs can be bought back for the selling price.
Addition and removal of background tiles have now been sped up, as well as 1 tile hole being automatically filled up.
New status ailments which provide negative effects to both the player and NPCs:
Poisoned
On Fire!
Cursed
Darkness
Jungle Armor stats altered:
Increases maximum mana
increases magic critical strike chance
Set bonus: 16% mana usage
Necro Armor stats altered:
Increases ranged damage
Set bonus: 20% chance not to consume ammo
Improved flail mechanics.
Different weapons will have different damage types. Eventually in later updates, certain damage types may be more/less effective against certain enemies.
Cacti no longer cause knock-back.
Thorny Bushes will now be destroyed after touching them.
The Band of Starpower now adds 20 maximum mana instead of speeding up mana regeneration.
Lava Slimes will no longer burst into a pool of lava when killed.
Bug Fixes:
Eater of Worlds will be listed as “flees” when the player exits The Corruption instead of being listed as “defeated”.[5]
Night Owl Potion will gain its intended purpose.[5]
Rejuvenation potions will work with the Quick Heal and Quick Mana functions.[5]
Dungeons will no longer spawn in the ocean.[5]
NPCs who are far from home will no longer “flip out”.[5]
-
New update, full changelog:
[spoiler]NPCs
New Enemy : Spike Ball (An Immortal Enemy.)
New Enemy : Blazing Wheel (An Immortal Enemy.)
New Enemy : Dungeon Slime (Contains Golden Keys)
New Enemy : Goblin Scout
Hornets in the Underground Jungle now shoot stingers. These stingers have a 1 in 3 chance of poisoning their target for 10 seconds.
EoW is no longer “defeated” when he flees.
Cursed Skulls now now have a chance to apply the Cursed debuff.
Npcs that are far from home and try to turn to return home will no longer twitch left and right when stuck.
Bats, Harpy and Demon AI has been improved to prevent wall hugging.
Slimes when in water will now turn around when they have no where to go.
Man Eaters and Snatchers now have less HP, and are drawn above tiles rather than behind.
Lava Slimes no longer spawn lava when killed.
Meteor Heads now move much slower but do a lot more damage.
Bone Serpents now have a new death sound, and their hit-box has been fixed.
Hornets are correctly now unable to enter water.
Vultures should no longer ‘float’ if the sand they are perched on falls from beneath them.
NPC’s furniture requirements have changed to work with new items.NPCs now requires one “comfort object” (Chair, Throne, Bench, Bed, Toilet) and one “flat surface furniture” (Table, Dresser, Workbench, Tub, Bookcase) for a room to be complete before they will make it their home.
Items
New Item : Shadow Key
New Item : Golden Key
New Item : Shadow Chest (These require the Shadow Key)
New Item : Obsidian Background Walls
New item : Mud Background Walls
New Item : Jungle Spore (Replaces Jungle roses former crafting uses.)
New Item : Tattered Cloth
New Item : Battle Standard (Allows for manual starting of the Goblin Invasion)
New Item : Piano
New Item : Loom (Crafting Station, Now required for crafting most clothes from silk.)
New Item : Bench
New item : Dresser
New Item : Bathtub
New Item : Red Banner
New Item : Green Banner
New Item : Blue Banner
New Item : Yellow Banner
New Item : Lamp Post
New Item : Tiki Torch
New Item : Barrel
New Item : Chinese Lantern
New Item : Cooking Pot
New Item : Safe (A separate private storage from the Piggy Bank.)
New Item : Skull Lantern
New Item : Trash Can
New Item : Candelabra
New Item : Pink Jar
New Item : Mug
New Item : Beer Keg
New Item : Beer
New Item : Bookcase
New Item : Throne
New Item : Bowl
New Item : Bowl of Soup
New Item : Toilet
New Item : Grandfather Clock
New Item : Statue
Wooden Tables, Doors and Workbenches now have improved looking graphics.
Jungle Rose is now a rarer drop and no longer used to craft.
Bottled water can no longer be crafted by standing near lava.
Suspicious Looking Eyes will now sometimes be found in chests.
Several Magic items have been rebalanced.
Fire of Flower now does more damage, and costs more mana.
Flamelash, Sunfury, and Flower of Fire are no longer dropped, they are now found in shadow chests in the underworld.
Band of Star Power now adds 20 mana to your maximum, and no longer adds mana regeneration.
Orb of Light now moves slower and is now listed as a buff that you can remove if you so desire and also know its remaining duration.
Magic missile is now quicker and is ‘launched’ when you release the mouse button, rather than disappearing.
Flamelash is ‘launched’ when you release the mouse button, rather than disappearing.
Meteor Armor and Molten Armors no longer glow.
Grappling Hooks can no longer be spam shot, you must now wait until your previous shot lands or returns before you can throw another.
Starfury now does a bit more damage, requires more mana, and now works underground. If a star is spawned inside a wall, it will be able to travel until it reaches open space and then becomes ‘solid’ colliding with the next wall it hits.
Glow sticks price reduced. And are now a bit brighter.
Coins now leave a sparkle trail while moving.
Night Owl Potion now works correctly.
Two of the same type of accessories may no longer be equipped at once.
Armors are now more ‘Class Type’ specific and their stats have been set accordingly.
Meteor Armor - Buffs Magic Damage and Set Bonus : Space Gun 0 Mana Cost.
Molten Armor - Set Bonus : Melee Damage
Shadow Armor - Buffs Melee Attack Speed and Set Bonus : Movement Speed.
Necro Armor - Buffs ranged damage and Set Bonus : Reduces Ammo Consumption.
Jungle Armor - Buffs Max Mana, Magic Crit Chance and Set Bonus : Reduced Mana Usage
Potions now offer less HP on use, and their cool-down is now a minute.
Placing background walls is more simple, as 1 block holes are automatically filled in.
ALL placed background walls are now considered ‘house walls’. (Yes even Dirt and Dungeon walls.)
The Mini-shark now has a 33% chance that shooting the weapon will not take ammo. So it does not consume as much ammo to use.
Flintlock Pistols and Muskets are now a bit stronger.
Flails now have a different mechanic. You can ‘spin’ them by pressing left and right fast over and over after they have been thrown while holding down the mouse button.
Piggy Banks should no longer float when the ground beneath the table it is on is removed from beneath them.
Fish Bowl’s recipe has been changed to require Bottled Water, rather than just an empty Bottle.
Ash and Mud no longer fall due to gravity.
Server and Clients
The IP screen now shows the seven most previous IP’s you’ve joined, to allow you to quick connect to your favorite or commonly played servers.
Improved Server Syncing
Game Interface
There is now an option to disable pickup text.
When creating a character, there is now an option for ‘Male/Female’, this is used to change the characters voice. This way, any hairstyle can be used for either gender.
When choosing your hairstyle, you may now right click to cycle through the hair selections backwards.
New Hot-key for grappling hooks. (Defaults to E)
Hot-bar Slots now show their Hot-key number.
The Mana Bar is now Blue, and text for gaining health is now green.
Interface Boxes are now colored differently. Inventory is Blue, Equip is Green, Craft is Purple.
Hot-keys for Mana and Healing Potions now work correctly with Rejuvenation potions.
Some tool-tips now have more specific details about item uses.
Right clicking on an accessory or a piece of armor in your inventory will auto-equip it.
Newly obtained items will now be placed starting in the bottom right of your inventory rather than the previous top left.
There is now a Trash Can slot in the inventory. Placing an item here will destroy it. However the item will be saved in memory until another item is destroyed, allowing you to retrieve it if you wish. Holding Shift and Clicking and Item will move it to your trashcan.
When at a chest or piggy bank, there is now an option to loot all. This will take all items inside the chest/bank if there is room, If not it will take all items starting from top left.There is also a Quick Stack option for the reverse effect. If the chest you are viewing has items stored in it that you are also carrying, this option will stack those items into the chest combining stored and carried stacks.
When at a chest or piggy bank, there is now an option to Deposit all. This will take all items not in your hot bars and starting from the bottom right slot, place each item that will fit into the chest or bank. It will stop when space runs out.
It is no longer possible to drop items through the spaces between boxes in the inventory
Some Tools now give you an idea in their tool-tip of what they can mine. Example - “Can mine Meteorite”.
There are now four ammo slots. Ammo may be placed here to de-clutter your inventory. Weapons will take ammo from these slots first, and will then take from any in the inventory after they are empty.
Hot-Bar slots that have a ranged weapon on them will show the current used ammo count on them.
There is now a toggle in your inventory, that when clicked, will LOCK your hot-bar and not allow you to change your currently used hot-bar item by clicking it with the mouse, only the 1 - 9 hot -keys and mouse-wheel will scroll them at that point.
Hotkeys can now be used to change selected item when the inventory is open.
Shops now sell items back to you. Holding Shift and Clicking and Item while at a shop will quick-sell it.
You can now quickly clear and cancel your chat message by hitting escape.
‘Misc’ in Character Creation color selection, has been renamed “Shoes”.
Misc
New Feature : Critical Hits. There is now a small chance you will do more damage to an enemy
New Feature : Damage Types. Damage is now separated into Melee, Ranged and Magic damages. These will be used going forward for a few different systems, such as buffs, de-buffs. Items will list what kind of damage they do in their tool-tip so you know what will be effected by what buff.
New Music : Corruption.
Added 19 new hairstyles.
There are now 3 difficulty modes that are set when creating a character.
Softcore - Drop coins on death, keep max hp and mana values.
Mediumcore - Drop all items on death, keep max hp and mana values.
Hardcore - Drops all Items and deletes your character on death, requiring you to start a new character. On death you will become a ghost that can not interact with the world until you log out.
Players now heal automatically when ‘not in combat’. You are flagged as in combat when you are damaged by anything. The longer you have spent after getting hurt will increase your hp regen speed slightly.
Mana now recharges on its own when you are not casting. Slowly if you are moving, and fast if you stand still.
Hellstone no longer produces light and is more rare.
Hellstone now spawns lava when it is mined, but only in the underworld.
Cacti no longer cause knock-back making running through a desert less of a hassle.
Cacti no longer destroy blocks as they grow.
Some sounds have a randomizing pitch change (like sword swinging), to make them have more variance.
Optimized “Finding Tile Frames”, so worlds should load faster
There are new sounds for the following actions/events
Talking to an NPC
Mana Becoming Full (also shows a purple sparkle on player)
Using Water Bolt, Flamelash, and Flower of Fire
Starting to Drown.
Melee speed increase items are now calculated correctly.
Thorns are now destroyed after you touch them and receive damage.
Corrected some spelling errors and also the placement of ‘%’ in some potion tool-tips.
Added a bunch of new randomized game subtitle captions.
World Gen
More Gems spawn in the jungle.
Hell Houses now spawn differently. A worlds Hell Houses can rarely spawn as all obsidian, and they can now get really tall.
Underground Jungles now have a Mud Background
Dungeons should no longer spawn in the ocean.
Deserts now spawn slightly further away from spawn.
Dungeons now spawn with more spikes and less lighting.
Underworld Ash is now filled with more lava pockets, making mining Hellstone more of a challenge.
Some items no longer spawn in Dungeon, these were meant for non-dungeon areas.[/spoiler]
-
Nice. You guys still playing this?
-
Nice. You guys still playing this?
I bought it during the Steam sale when it was dirt-cheap, before they fixed the sale price.
Installed it, but ain't played it yet.
-
Big update coming Dec 1st! (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/wall-of-fle-text.63441/)
Hardmode, building directly out of your inventory, machines (pumps!), lots of fun stuff. Then a festive Christmas update on the 15th.
-
I'm all about the Collector's Edition boxed set! Fuck yeah!
-
Christmas update! (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-1-1-1-christmas-update.70447/)
Changes:
[spoiler]Bug Fixes / Performance
● Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
● Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
● Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
● Lighting update won’t skip as much on lower quality levels.
● Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
● Space Gun now has a value.
● Water Bolt can now have conditions.
● Diving Helmet now works correctly.
● Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
● You can now untie bound NPC’s with Autopause enabled.
● Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
● Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
● Dryad’s Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
● Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
● Mana Flower's price has been increased.
● Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
● Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
● Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
● Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
● Harpoon can now be reforged.
● Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
● Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
● Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
● Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
● Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
● Players now have hair under their hats.
● Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
● Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.
Items
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.
NPC’s
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.
World
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.[/spoiler] Woo I'm gonna....uh...hope I get my account back so I can play this. *sigh*
-
Hey. So yesterday I got the bug to pick the game up again and I have a server running now. Anyone is free to join. Just come in the IRC channel and ask for the info.
-
So Idol and I have been playing this and it turns out that hardmode update was pretty substantial. You can now trigger an event in the world which will sort of turn your world into a battleground between light and dark. In gameplay terms, that means corruption spreads super fast, there a new biome which also spreads, a boatload of super tough enemies come out, and new ores show up. The end result is a game that is much more difficult while providing all sort of awesome toys to play with. It also looks like it might not really be possible to get overpowered like you could in the original game. I don't think the new bosses will ever really become pushovers like the old ones eventually became.
In any case, we're both still playing and would welcome more folks. If new people start up, we have a non-hardmode world which would make a fine initial playground. Alternatively, I'd also be willing to start and host new worlds. I think once you have a decent team, you can really tackle a lot of the hardmode bosses and start building all the top tier gear.
-
Triple post!
Despite our best efforts the corruption will likely take over our base within an hour or two of game time without some big modifications. I think it might be best to just start over as finding a good chunk of free land is getting difficult.
So, I'm starting a new world today. If you anyone wants to jump in now would be the time to do so.
-
I tooled around a little bit with this game upon release. At the time it was really nothing more than a diversion to Minecraft. It is ridiculous how much has been added to this game. The game is well worth whatever price I paid for it.
-
Hey! This on the Steam sale for $2.50. Buy the game and play with us you cheap ass mother fuckers.
-
I just started a new character cause I lost all my saves when I reformatted. This game is still amazing.
I'll try and join you guys soon. I have really shitty items, though.
-
Shitty items are fine. We can help find loot (if we don't have it in our store already) or mine ore for crafting.
-
I know I should not buy this. I probably will.
-
I think about this from time to time. I do miss it, and I never got to check out most of the new stuff. I wish I had time for games.
-
Been digging back into this fresh. I got the mobile version, which I actually like WAY more than the PC version in terms of how it plays and the difficulty/speed of things. It's less aggravating, more fun, and more streamlined, but unfortunately thus loses most of the carrot-on-a-stick progression the PC version has. There's no hard mode, the items are easier to find and there aren't as many, etc. It also doesn't have as many biomes. No Crimson, and since no hard mode, no Hallow. Still, it's a lot better than I imagined it would be. I definitely like it on the whole more than Junk Jack X (which is saying a lot), but JJX still has the advantage in terms of depth and variety. The Christmas update of JJX just added a bunch of new shit, including an ice planet (which I think means there are now ... 6 planets?). Not sure how 505 Games is planning to handle future mobile Terraria. If they can't add hard mode (they keep saying this, and I swear it's bullshit ... they could at least rig a version of it, if not import it verbatim), they could at least add everything else. It doesn't have all the bosses, either. I think only 5 of the 8 or 7.
Anyway, I guess Terraria 1.2 adds a whole ton of new stuff that I've never seen, and the game just looks gorgeous on PC. I want to play again and have put in a little time here or there. It's so refreshing and fun, the only downside being that since I got used to the speed and easier access of the mobile version, the PC version seems like so much more of a slog. I'm reminded how much hunting it actually takes to get even a small amount of resources.
But I love these games. I really can't wait for Starbound (which I thought was from the same people, but apparently it's only a sprite artist who was part of the Terraria team?), but I've still barely scratched the surface of Terraria. I wish I had more time for it. It's so fun, and the new stuff looks so cool.