Overwritten.net

Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: idolminds on Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 12:32:44 AM

Title: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: idolminds on Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 12:32:44 AM
The Really Big Bundle is now live. Current price is $3.33 as I write but it will fluctuate. The games are:

Really Big Sky
Runespell: Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII
Eufloria


----------
Original post:
[spoiler]Open letter (http://www.indieroyale.com/newsletter/80)

Nothing bad. They had a major problem with their last bundle: with a countdown timer everyone knew they exact day and time the bundle would launch. Add in the fact that their method of selling means getting in early gets you the games cheaper, so everyone and their mom was hammering the site to buy as early as possible. This of course crashed their servers and made it a pain.

So now they are not going to announce the exact time the bundle will launch. The next one will be "soon" but after Thanksgiving.

Not only that but they now offer preorders! Avoid the rush, buy now and just have it when it launches. Minimum price of $3.99 and a suggested price of $5. The live launch price will be $2.99 and then fluctuate from there. So you can preorder, pay a little more to avoid the lines, but you won't know which games are in the bundle (they promise a minimum of 4 games per bundle). Or you can wait till they go live to see if you want the games and hope to get a good price.

I'm tempted to preorder. I usually throw $5 at these anyway and they haven't let me down yet. And if I get some duplicates well...guess that makes up for me being a cheapass.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Indie Royale changes a little
Post by: idolminds on Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 09:45:17 AM
Indie Royale tweeted that the games in this next bundle have not been in a Humble Bundle or Royale bundle before.


Aaaand...I preordered it. It'll be like a mystery gift to myself.
Title: Re: Indie Royale changes a little
Post by: idolminds on Friday, November 25, 2011, 10:06:55 PM
Next Royale will release this Tuesday, the 29th. Its been strongly hinted that Really Big Sky (http://bossbaddie.co.uk/bigsky/) will be one of the games.
Title: Re: Indie Royale changes a little
Post by: idolminds on Sunday, November 27, 2011, 10:52:36 PM
Quote
We're providing a special bonus for anyone who pre-orders the Really Big Bundle - an acclaimed chiptune concept album from Fez and Puzzle Agent composer Rich 'Disasterpeace' Vreeland. The full-length album (normally $5) is entitled 'Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar', and you can download an HQ MP3 version now.

You can also get the album after the bundle goes live as long as you give enough to "star"...basically if what you pay lowers the price for others.
Title: Re: Indie Royale changes a little
Post by: Quemaqua on Monday, November 28, 2011, 07:59:40 PM
I'm tempted, but though I keep thinking about it, I have to pass. I just don't need it.
Title: Re: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: Xessive on Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 12:34:00 AM
Really Big Bundle is live and pretty awesome!
Title: Re: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: gpw11 on Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 12:35:36 AM
Bought it.  No idea what to play here.
Title: Re: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: idolminds on Thursday, December 01, 2011, 02:38:25 PM
Hopefully you guys can read this, but Runespell is worth the price of admission alone.
Title: Re: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: Xessive on Friday, December 02, 2011, 07:52:48 AM
I'm not a fan of poker but Runespell is pretty fun!
Title: Re: Indie Royale: Really Big Bundle is live!
Post by: Quemaqua on Sunday, December 11, 2011, 07:00:00 PM
Runespell is definitely fun. I've actually had my ass handed to me a good few times... it's kinda addictive.