Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 04:03:02 PM
-
NEW -> 3-31-2019:
GameInformer - Assassin's Creed III Original versions de-listed from Steam & UPlay, since AC3 Remastered has been released. (https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/30/original-version-of-assassins-creed-iii-de-listed-from-steam-uplay)
OLD:
UbiSoft Forums -> Upcoming AC3 "Thanksgiving" Patch notes listed here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726389-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Thanksgiving-Patch-Spoilers-Forums)
GameInformer -> Upcoming AC3 "Thanksgiving" Patch to have over 100 fixes. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/assassin-39-s-creed-patch-has-over-100-fixes.aspx)
Kotaku -> Kirk Hamilton - "How Has Assassin’s Creed III Disappointed Me? Let Me Count The Ways." (http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways)
AC3 - Console REVIEWS. (http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=8325.msg115225#msg115225)
GiantBomb -> Quicklook with SPOILERS!!! - 1 hour and 8 mins LONG. (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-assassins-creed-iii/17-6755/)
Destructoid -> Launch Day Patch = 44 fixes. (http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-iii-gets-massive-day-one-patch-237663.phtml)
Forbes -> Erudito DLC Packs already up on PSN/XBL. (http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/27/assassins-creed-iii-includes-micro-transactions-ubisoft-applies-free-to-play-model-to-retail-games/)
EGMNow -> ACIII: The Tyranny of King Washington DLC announced already (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-iiis-first-dlc-officially-announced-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/)
PC Gamer -> AC3 PC Requirements revealed. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/26/assassins-creed-3-system-requirements/)
Joystiq -> New challenges and new content every month will be added to the MP portion of the game. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/02/assassins-creed-3-will-have-new-challenges-and-content-every-mo/)
EGMNow -> UbiSoft is thinking of getting rid of Desmond. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ubisoft-ready-to-eliminate-desmond-miles-from-assassins-creed/)
EGMNow -> Rumor - AC3 will have a Season Pass DLC Pack. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-assassins-creed-iii-getting-post-launch-dlc-with-season-pass/)
Youtube -> AC3 - World Gameplay Premiere Trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVJG_mrtFo&feature=player_embedded)
Kotaku -> In Depth Analysis of the AC3 World Gameplay Premiere Trailer. (http://kotaku.com/5909330/lets-look-more-closely-at-the-great-assassins-creed-iii-gameplay-trailer?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)
Shacknews -> Rumor - AC2 might have Online Co-Op. (http://www.shacknews.com/article/72735/rumor-assassins-creed-3-to-have-online-co-op)
Joystiq -> AC3 will follow Desmond more than ever. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/assassins-creed-3-follows-desmond-more-than-ever/)
GameSpy -> Interview and preview on AC3. (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)
AC3 Trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZ2l1BbWyY&feature=player_embedded)
G4TV -> Rumor - AC3 might take place during the American Revolution. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721276/is-assassins-creed-3-set-during-the-american-revolution/)
Destructoid -> Assassin's Creed III announced by UbiSoft for Oct 30th, 2012. (http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-iii-announced-arriving-october-30-221838.phtml)
-
G4TV -> Rumor - AC3 might take place during the American Revolution. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721276/is-assassins-creed-3-set-during-the-american-revolution/)
-
The hood doesn't really fit in with that time period.
-
They're really dragging this one out. I was hoping we'd finally get to the epilogue with Desmond being the main playable character.
I could see the hood working in the period but it would certainly make one stand out in a crowd.
-
"Leaked" screens
http://i.imgur.com/zfRML.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XswPc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wwfnk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/01J2Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wfuNq.jpg
The 3rd one is probably concept art, just because thats a really detailed "reach into a coat" animation with no clipping so...Im guessing not in-game. But the rest look pretty damn good.
-
I want to care about this series but they've saturated the series with too many iterations. I've lost a lot of interest. I still need to finish Brotherhood and I haven't picked up Revelations yet. I don't know if I will play Revelations at all.
That said, this one does look somewhat interesting. Hopefully we'll see some advances in the gameplay.
-
here's hoping you can ally yourself with redcoats. >:D
-
I do sort of agree with you, iPPi. Though for me it was just being stuck in Italy 3 games in a row just made it feel like it was dragging on. I played the hell out of AC2 and Brotherhood, but Revelations I havent even looked at. AC3, though, I'm getting kind of interested in again because of the new setting and characters.
-
This actually looks really cool. The only way the hood would fit is if he were Native American or something. Even then, a wolf skin perhaps.
I personally thought they were stretching the hood thing with the second even. It was too obvious they were trying to create a brand.
edit:
Wow, he has a Tomahawk and his bow is clearly American Indian. Awesome.
-
I lost interest after the first game was such an ungodly bore. Loved the setting and the cool world there was to explore, got bored with everything else really quickly. Can't believe it's gone on this long, honestly.
-
I lost interest after the first game was such an ungodly bore. Loved the setting and the cool world there was to explore, got bored with everything else really quickly. Can't believe it's gone on this long, honestly.
AC2 is worlds better than AC1.
NO COMPARISON.
-
Yeah, AC2 fixed pretty much every complaint I had with the first game. Of course I loved the crap out of the first game so...take that for what you will. But the missions structure was completely overhauled and not so repetitive.
-
Yeah, AC2 fixed pretty much every complaint I had with the first game.
Same here.
-
I do sort of agree with you, iPPi. Though for me it was just being stuck in Italy 3 games in a row just made it feel like it was dragging on. I played the hell out of AC2 and Brotherhood, but Revelations I havent even looked at. AC3, though, I'm getting kind of interested in again because of the new setting and characters.
I got burned out after AC2, so I pretty much ignored what looked like AC2-2 (Brotherhood) and AC2-3 (Revelations). This new setting may be a breath of fresh air, but I'm skeptical. How many densely built cities with tall buildings were there in America in the 18th century? Or is he traveling to Ye Olde King George land?
-
From the one "preview" I read you're going to spend a lot of time in the countryside/forests. So it seems they are going to be doing some things a bit different this go around. As for cities I saw New York and Philadelphia mentioned.
-
I'm looking forward to the much-needed change in formula, the series is getting stale.
-
here's hoping you can ally yourself with redcoats. >:D
NEVER!!!!
-
I'm looking forward to the much-needed change in formula, the series is getting stale.
It's a pickle. Yeah, it's getting stale, and doing nothing but the same things again would only make it worse. But what makes these games extraordinary are the unmatched structure-based acrobatics. We already have generic action adventures, shooters, brawlers and now even the Western genre well covered.
-
I bought AC2 on a Steam sale yet couldn't play beyond a few hours. It may have addressed all my complaints with the first, but had AC1 been a finished product like AC2 it would have been far more amazing.
All AC1 had going for it was the novelty factory. Once that wore off, the game died for me. With AC2, the novelty was gone, so I probably couldn't give it a chance.
edit:
Cobra makes a good point. Let's see where they go with this in terms of acrobatics etc. It is important for a franchise to retain its core mechanics even when refreshing things. Or you could go the way of Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
-
Y'know how your brain tries to make sense of everything? It will see the patterns that your subconscious is churning up.. Yeah I'm seeing the number 1776 a lot today. Even some references to Paul Revere. I also watched an episode of Futurama where they go back in time to the American revolution. Patterns everywhere!
-
-
Rumor: Assassin's Creed 3 to have online co-op (http://www.shacknews.com/article/72735/rumor-assassins-creed-3-to-have-online-co-op)
IGN spotted mention of online co-op (http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1220081p1.html) for 2-4 players in the game's official description in the Xbox Live Marketplace. That descriptor has since been pulled, which could indicate it was a mistake. Of course, it could also mean that Ubisoft asked Microsoft to stop spilling those particular beans. The listing still mentions online multiplayer for up to eight players, confirming the return of Assassin's Creed competitive offerings in some shape.
Interesting.. A rumour but still a glimmer of hope.
-
-
Damn...what a bad-ass trailer.
-
He just looks out of place and pretty obvious.
-
I think they're going to run with that a bit this time though, at least that's the impression the trailer gave me. Maybe you won't be seen so much as blending in (and really, they were always pushing that), but more that you're a symbol to be feared. If they get that right that'd be pretty awesome.
Actually, the whole thing seems a bit more serious this time around. That could be a good thing. While ACII was undeniably better than the first, it lost a little of the tone of the first in favor of a few more winks and nods.
-
He will be like a Native American Batman.
-
EGMNow -> Rumor - AC3 will have a Season Pass DLC Pack. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-assassins-creed-iii-getting-post-launch-dlc-with-season-pass/)
Wouldn't surprise me, since AC: Revelations did have a Season Pass DLC Pack.
-
EGMNow -> Rumor - AC3 will have a Season Pass DLC Pack. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-assassins-creed-iii-getting-post-launch-dlc-with-season-pass/)
Wouldn't surprise me, since AC: Revelations did have a Season Pass DLC Pack.
It did? I don't recall AC Revelations having a season pass! They released the three DLCs individually and you could only buy them together much later when they made the Revelations Gold Edition.
Just checked the Steam store page, there's no season pass or any pack that gives access to all DLC except the Gold Edition.
-
I don't get paying for unproven future content up front. It would have been a mistake with Forza 4, the only one I briefly considered. At least with preorders you can get your money back instead of the game when it releases.
-
It did? I don't recall AC Revelations having a season pass! They released the three DLCs individually and you could only buy them together much later when they made the Revelations Gold Edition.
Just checked the Steam store page, there's no season pass or any pack that gives access to all DLC except the Gold Edition.
Gamestop PC App had ACR Season Pass DLC. (http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2602)
-
EGMNow -> UbiSoft is thinking of getting rid of Desmond. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ubisoft-ready-to-eliminate-desmond-miles-from-assassins-creed/)
[spoiler]Desmond's been the link b/t ALL of the past characters (Ezio, Altair & probably Connor), since he's been the one that keeps jumping in the Animus...[/spoiler]
So, if they eventually gonna get rid of him, who's gonna replace him...?
:o
-
Gamestop PC App had ACR Season Pass DLC. (http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2602)
Woah, was that a Gamestop exclusive? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's not even in the official UbiShop.
Cobra, I can justify a Season Pass sort of bundle if it offers notable savings. There has to be some advantage to buying in advance. For example, the Season pass costs $20 for DLC that would individually accumulate to $35, it make sense. The savings could be worth it even if one of the DLC sucks, well you didn't pay more per DLC than buying them individually.
One example of a poorly planned one, that is not really worth it, is the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. The season pass gives you access to 3 DLC, individually at $7 each + a bonus $3 bit of NyteBlade DLC, total $24. The season pass costs $20, so not much savings there, plus if any one of the DLC sucks or is something you don't care about, it negates the advantage of getting the Season Pass. For example, Genki Bowl VII sucked and I wasn't interested in it, so I could buy all individual components without Genki Bowl VII for $17. So this particular Season Pass is practically useless.
For the record, I bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass when it was on sale a couple of months back for $6; at that price it was totally worth it :P
From a business perspective, the idea is to convince people to see the value in shelling out the cash for the bundle rather than buying one or two individual components for a few dollars.
Plus, they want to take advantage of completionists and collectors. For me, I know I'm gonna want the most complete Assassin's Creed package, that's why I usually wait for GOTY/Gold edition that includes everything for the game. A season pass for AC3 will surely appeal to me, though I'll have to gauge its value or just wait for a price drop.
-
EGMNow -> UbiSoft is thinking of getting rid of Desmond. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ubisoft-ready-to-eliminate-desmond-miles-from-assassins-creed/)
[spoiler]Desmond's been the link b/t ALL of the past characters (Ezio, Altair & probably Connor), since he's been the one that keeps jumping in the Animus...[/spoiler]
So, if they eventually gonna get rid of him, who's gonna replace him...?
:o
It makes sense. The stories of Ezio and Altaïr are over and AC3 could be a final set up to tie off Desmond's story.
They may explore Daniel Cross (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Cross), the descendant of Nikolai Orelov (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Nikolai_Orelov) (from the Assassin's Creed comic). Or y'know they could just create another character.
-
Woah, was that a Gamestop exclusive? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's not even in the official UbiShop.
Good question! I...don't know. I just knew GameStop had it for PC download, for sure.
Cobra, I can justify a Season Pass sort of bundle if it offers notable savings. There has to be some advantage to buying in advance. For example, the Season pass costs $20 for DLC that would individually accumulate to $35, it make sense. The savings could be worth it even if one of the DLC sucks, well you didn't pay more per DLC than buying them individually.
I think this also does depend on what you're getting for the price-tag of the Season Pass, as well. Since Season Pass DLC's are pre-orders (normally) and often released AHEAD of the actual DLC releases (that'll be in the Season Pass DLC Pack), so you often don't knows exactly what you're going to be getting for content. You just know - you'll be getting some DLC.
One example of a poorly planned one, that is not really worth it, is the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. The season pass gives you access to 3 DLC, individually at $7 each + a bonus $3 bit of NyteBlade DLC, total $24. The season pass costs $20, so not much savings there, plus if any one of the DLC sucks or is something you don't care about, it negates the advantage of getting the Season Pass. For example, Genki Bowl VII sucked and I wasn't interested in it, so I could buy all individual components without Genki Bowl VII for $17. So this particular Season Pass is practically useless.
For the record, I bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass when it was on sale a couple of months back for $6; at that price it was totally worth it :P
I think the SR:TT Franchise Pack at $13.29 USD (87% off) on the final day of Steam Summer Sale was the better deal (SR:TT + Most of the DLC except the brand new Genki Girl Pack DLC). I don't think most of expected that, since SR:TT Franchise was $25 on most days it was on sale during Steam Summer Sale. And, well - I already bought SR:TT base game from Amazon DVG for $10. Oh, well.
BTW - I probably should discuss SR:TT in the SR3 Thread, but that game's bleeping AWESOME!!!
From a business perspective, the idea is to convince people to see the value in shelling out the cash for the bundle rather than buying one or two individual components for a few dollars.
Plus, they want to take advantage of completionists and collectors. For me, I know I'm gonna want the most complete Assassin's Creed package, that's why I usually wait for GOTY/Gold edition that includes everything for the game. A season pass for AC3 will surely appeal to me, though I'll have to gauge its value or just wait for a price drop.
I still think it's smart for them (dev's and publishers) to say they're done w/ all DLC for the game and then for the gamer to gauge what's actually in the Season Pass DLC Pack. Otherwise, if you buy a Season Pass DLC ahead of time, who knows what you're getting in the Season Pass DLC pack.
It's probably still best to wait for the final ALL Content Inclusive Re-release Edition (they have so many re-released editions names, it ain't funny - Gold Ed, Platinum Edition, Ultimate Edition, GOTY Edition, Franchise Edition, etc etc). Though, often when you buy a great game -- for me, I'd think like Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas -- it can be hard to wait for that Re-Released Edition that includes EVERYTHING.
-
Yeah, SR3 is awesome hehe We gotta co-op some time!
For me I just like buying a game and knowing that I won't have to buy anything more for it. That's why I shelled out the extra cash for ME3 Digital Deluxe edition, it had a specific line stating that I will get "A full collection of in-game content." I don't mind putting up a few extra bucks to ensure that all future releases will be free for me, that's why I go for the Collector's or Deluxe editions. So when I grab a deluxe edition and find that I have to pay more for DLC later I get angry. Angry at the publisher and angry at myself.
-
Yeah, SR3 is awesome hehe We gotta co-op some time!
YES! :) That would and will be a blast!
For me I just like buying a game and knowing that I won't have to buy anything more for it. That's why I shelled out the extra cash for ME3 Digital Deluxe edition, it had a specific line stating that I will get "A full collection of in-game content." I don't mind putting up a few extra bucks to ensure that all future releases will be free for me, that's why I go for the Collector's or Deluxe editions. So when I grab a deluxe edition and find that I have to pay more for DLC later I get angry. Angry at the publisher and angry at myself.
I agree w/ you - well, as long as the extras in the Deluxe Edition are worth the extra $ to you.
About Season Pass DLC's or All-Inclusive DLC Packs - I wish there were more of these. Nothing's more annoying that buying a base game, then basically be forced to buy a Re-Release Complete Edition just to get ALL the DLC. I usually won't buy those Re-Released Complete Edition, unless I can get a Re-Release Complete Edition quite cheap (think $10-20 or less). Season Passes or All-Inclusive DLC Packs pretty much can (try to) solve that problem - so I can try to save some $ since they are not including the base game that I already own.
-
Joystiq -> New challenges and new content every month will be added to the MP portion of the game. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/02/assassins-creed-3-will-have-new-challenges-and-content-every-mo/)
While Ubisoft has been quick to introduce Connor and focus on the single-player campaign in Assassin's Creed 3, not much has been said on the multiplayer side, a staple of the series since being introduced in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Multiplayer developer Ubisoft Annecy says there will be a greater focus on multiplayer in Assassin's Creed 3 – both in terms of support from Ubisoft and its impact on the overall Assassin's Creed lore.
Abstergo has turned the Animus into a commercial product, and you'll play as one consumer who's looking forward to "reliving the past in HD." Every month, Ubisoft will give players new content to unlock through new challenges. "As you progress in the game and level up your character, you access these files and videos. Every month you'll have new challenges to unlock new content that will continue the storyline throughout the year," Ubisoft Annecy game director Damien Kieken told CVG.
So basically, we get to access new files and videos when he meet challenges and/or level-up...
Hmmm, sounds like what Bioshock 2's MP did...
-
PC Gamer -> AC3 PC Requirements revealed. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/26/assassins-creed-3-system-requirements/)
Minimum system requirements
Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better
-
ACIII: The Tyranny of King Washington DLC announced already (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-iiis-first-dlc-officially-announced-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/)
Ubisoft today officially announced the first DLC that’ll be coming to Assassin’s Creed III—and it plays an interesting bit of “what if” with one of America’s most legendary presidents.
Here’s how Ubisoft’s announcement kicks off:
As the revolution comes to a close, a new and most unexpected enemy emerges. Driven by the desire to secure the fate of the colonies, the greatest hero of the revolution, George Washington, succumbs to the temptation of infinite power. The new King is born and his reign leaves no one untouched. To return freedom to the land our new hero must dethrone a tyrant he once called friend. Today, Ubisoft announces the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass offer, granting access to all five upcoming downloadable content packs to gamers owning the original game on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, and Windows PC.
The first president of the United States of America—George Washington—decides that he instead wants to be king? And you’ve got to take him down? Craaaazy!
Titled The Tyranny of King Washington, the story will play out across three episodic DLC packs—and will, obviously, have a bit of fun injecting some serious fiction into the facts of the birth of America.
“History is our playground – and AC teams have always loved playing with historical facts and their consequences as a way to better understand a time period,” Ubisoft executive producer Sebastien Puel said in the announcement. “While Assassin’s Creed III concentrates on history as it happens, we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things ‘could have happened.’”
While no direct price for The Tyranny of King Washington was announced by Ubisoft, they do mention that this will be part of the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass—which will also include new multiplayer maps and characters. The ACIII Season Pass will be $29.99 on PS3 or 2400 MS Points on Xbox 360, will net players a 25% savings over buying the DLC individually, and Season Pass holders will get all DLC one week before everyone else.
-
Great, now I totally know who won the conflict.
-
Forbes -> Erudito DLC Packs already up on PSN/XBL. (http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/27/assassins-creed-iii-includes-micro-transactions-ubisoft-applies-free-to-play-model-to-retail-games/)
Assassin’s Creed III won’t hit shelves for another few days, but there’s already Assassin’s Creed III ‘Erudito Packs’ in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 stores.
You can buy a variety of these mysterious packs in the following amounts:
20 Erudito Pack = 80 MSP ($1 USD)
50 Erudito Pack = 160 MSP ($2 USD)
155 Erudito Pack = 400 MSP ($5 USD)
380 Erudito Pack = 800 MSP ($10 USD)
925 Erudito Pack = 1600 MSP ($20 USD)
As of this moment, no word on what exactly these are for has surfaced. I’ve reached out to Ubisoft for comment.
-
Assassin's Creed III
REVIEWS
METACRITIC -- X360 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-iii); PS3; (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/assassins-creed-iii) PC. (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/assassins-creed-iii)
Scored out of 100:
PC Gamer -> 72 (http://www.pcgamer.com/review/assassins-creed-3-review/)
Scored out of 10
EGMNow -> 9.5. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-assassins-creed-iii/)
GameTrailers -> 9.2 (http://)
Metro UK -> 9 (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/916447-assassin-s-creed-iii-review-colonial-fighter)
StrategyInformer -> 9. (http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/assassinscreed3/reviews.html)
Eurogamer -> 9. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-30-assassins-creed-3-review)
IGN -> 8.5 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/assassins-creed-iii-review)
GameSpot -> 8.5 -- Written review; (http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/reviews/assassins-creed-iii-review-6399036/) Video Review. (http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/videos/video-review-assassins-creed-iii-6399116/?tag=Topslot;Assassin039sCreedIiiReview;Assassin039sCreedIii;WatchIt)
Destructoid -> 7.5 (http://www.destructoid.com/review-assassin-s-creed-iii-237623.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29)
AngryJoeShow -> 7.0 (http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/11/ac-iii-angry-review/)
Scored out of 5
G4TV -> 5 stars. (http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65904/assassins-creed-3/review/)
No score
Rev3 Games. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5faP3VTZ40s&feature=plcp)
-
EGM -> UbiSoft talks AC3 PC on Reddit. (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/pc-version-of-assassins-creed-iii-to-be-less-buggy-than-console-at-launch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+egmnow%2Fmheh+%28EGMNOW%29&utm_content=FaceBook)
Ubisoft has promised that the upcoming PC version of Assassin’s Creed III will come with a lot less bugs than the console versions had at launch.
A new patch is currently in the works for all versions of the game to join the first which was released on launch day. The PC launch will include both of these patches reducing the number of bugs and increasing the overall stability of the game, DirectX 11 support will also be added.
“[The PC version] will include all of the console patches out at the time (so, that includes any patches we might be releasing in between now and PC launch). In addition, PC has a special patch designed to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible,” said Assassin’s Creed III community staff member Gabe Graziani on Reddit. (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/) “We’ve added extra DX11 support for the PC version, so you’ll notice some significant increases in texture resolution (double-res in most cases, but quadruple in some), tessellation (which is like, the new DX11 hotness) and some other shader improvements that will have an impact, but aren’t all that sexy to enumerate in a Reddit post, hehe.”
“I would say it will be less buggy than the console versions at console launch, but that the console and PC versions will be comparable at PC launch.”
-
GameInformer -> Upcoming AC3 "Thanksgiving" Patch to have over 100 fixes. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/assassin-39-s-creed-patch-has-over-100-fixes.aspx)
UbiSoft Forums -> Upcoming AC3 "Thanksgiving" Patch notes listed here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726389-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Thanksgiving-Patch-Spoilers-Forums)
-
So, I haven't played an AC game since the first (which I did really really enjoy). In order to catch up story wise, can I get away with just playing AC2 or do I need to play Revelations and Brotherhood as well?
-
Well, they are pretty critical at least for Desmond's side of the story.
If you wanna skip them you can just read up on the story. Here's one summary (http://gameverse.com/2012/10/19/assassins-creed-the-story-so-far-and-what-you-need-to-know/) I found that lists the plot and basic synopsis for each game.
-
If you are new to the series the only two games I think you should play are AC2 and Brotherhood. I've played a little bit of Revelations and I'm not digging it as much for reasons Cobra and Scott went into. But yea, just stick with those two which is where the series peaked and I think you can go into AC3 just fine.
-
I enjoyed both Brotherhood and Revelations but I'll admit Revelations did feel more like an ironing out of Ezio's story. It did have some interesting revelations (pardon the pun) about Altaïr, his latter years, what he contributed to the Assassins and how his knowledge affects Ezio (and hence Desmond).
But yeah, if I had to skip one game without compromising much of the story it would be Revelations.
-
GameSpy - Port Authority --> A look at Assassin's Creed 3 PC Version, its features, and their thoughts on the port. (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1226713p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)
-
I love it. I'll admit it's starts off at crawl-speed but it picks up.. several hours into the game.
It is the most visually impressive in the series and they've implemented a lot of great changes. A few wonky changes too but it doesn't sour the overall experience.
My complaints so far:
- New movement system makes it smooth to navigate environments but also makes it extremely easy to muck up too, especially in a chase sequence.
- Why does Desmond look so frickin' weird?! It's like they made a cartoon-ized version of him with exaggerated features. Contrast that with the excellent character design and model work in the Connor segments and I'm left wondering what happened in the development process.
- Steam version also uses Uplay. So, when you're using Steam's Big Picture mode it's not a seamless gamepad experience.. Gotta go to click that Play button in Uplay.
The game does support mouse+KB input but it's certainly best with a gamepad. Ubisoft even specifically recommend gamepad to fully enjoy the ga,e. Otherwise it's a great port.
-
I love it. I'll admit it's starts off at crawl-speed but it picks up.. several hours into the game.
It is the most visually impressive in the series and they've implemented a lot of great changes. A few wonky changes too but it doesn't sour the overall experience.
My complaints so far:
- New movement system makes it smooth to navigate environments but also makes it extremely easy to muck up too, especially in a chase sequence.
- Why does Desmond look so frickin' weird?! It's like they made a cartoon-ized version of him with exaggerated features. Contrast that with the excellent character design and model work in the Connor segments and I'm left wondering what happened in the development process.
- Steam version also uses Uplay. So, when you're using Steam's Big Picture mode it's not a seamless gamepad experience.. Gotta go to click that Play button in Uplay.
The game does support mouse+KB input but it's certainly best with a gamepad. Ubisoft even specifically recommend gamepad to fully enjoy the ga,e. Otherwise it's a great port.
What CPU are you using? This game is basically unplayable on my Core2Duo e6750 even overclocked to 3.4ghz. Which is understandable as the cpu is 6 years old. Settings hold no real effect, it's just that the engine is now too much for the processor to handle.
-
What CPU are you using? This game is basically unplayable on my Core2Duo e6750 even overclocked to 3.4ghz. Which is understandable as the cpu is 6 years old. Settings hold no real effect, it's just that the engine is now too much for the processor to handle.
I'm playing it on my Asus G74, sporting an Intel Core i7 2nd-gen and a GeForce 560M.
I still have my older system with a Core 2 Duo E6750 and a GeForce 8800 GTS, so I'll test it out and see how well it runs there. Based on the official sys-reqs it should run passably. I'm curious how playable it will be. If anything the issue would be the GPU and not the CPU in this case.
-
I looked around a bit and it seems that it's CPU dependent. Well, at least when you're rolling with an old Core 2 Duo.
-
Assassin's Creed III: Remastered announced for PC, PS4, and X1:
https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-remaster/
It will be remastered w/ AC3 base-game & all of the game's DLC's.
It will have improved "ergonomics" and "gameplay mechanics."
AC3:R can be bought as a stand-alone title or as part of the AC: Odyssey Season Pass.
-
GameInformer - Assassin's Creed III Original versions de-listed from Steam & UPlay, since AC3 Remastered has been released. (https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/30/original-version-of-assassins-creed-iii-de-listed-from-steam-uplay)
-
Digital Foundry looks at the AC3: Remaster and AC: Liberation HD (which comes w/ AC3R):
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-assassins-creed-3-remaster-analysis
There's a bunch of changes in AC3:R - lighting, shadows, textures, resolution support, now you can do crafting (instead of just only buying weapons/items), mini-map gives more info, etc etc:
Digital Foundry on AC3 Remastered:
-
(https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif)
AC3 has some interesting story bits but it was definitely one of the worst of the AC games. If you fixed the technical side of it, theres still a lot more to be fixed that they they fucked up on.
-
They'd need to fix Connor and overhaul him, to make him actually interesting. He was dull and often one-dimensional w/ wanting revenge, unfortunately.
The story was ridiculous. There's no way Connor would've showed-up at every major meeting and event that leads to eventually formation of the USA; and all of the major battles & events (Bunker Hill, Paul Revere Ride, Boston Tea Party) around it.
-
Eurogamer / Digital Foundry article on at the technical stuff for AC3 Remastered & AC: Liberation RM for The Switch:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-assassins-creed-3-remaster-switch-analysis
Eurogamer / DF video on AC3 Remastered & AC: Liberation RM for the Switch:
https://youtu.be/g-TbwwW90iY