Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: ScaryTooth on Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 07:16:03 AM
-
Wasn't expecting that actually. Saw the teaser a long time ago, and lost interest in it. Never read about it, or looked into it. We went to the cinema last night with nothing in particular in mind to see, and turns out Avengers in 3D was about to start. It ended up being an awesome movie! Held my attention from start to finish, great action, and one of the funnest movies I've seen in a long time. It kept the fun that comic books have, and that comic book movies should have, but lack. I would say it's probably one of the best, if not the best comic book movie yet released.
-
Yea watching it friday! :)
-
So awesome!
Favourite scene:
[spoiler]Loki: I am a GOD!!!
*Hulk grabs Loki and proceeds to smash him BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!*
Loki involuntarily squeaks his breath out.
Hahaha[/spoiler]
-
Yea X that was the best scene. :)
-
Yea a lot of great scenes all around. The movie felt a bit manic at times but its pretty excusable given the volume of characters and tying in stuff from all the other movies. But yea, a complete blast to watch, a summer blockbuster at it's finest. Michael Bay should take lessons from this.
-
Yea it is like a Michael Bay film... except good.
-
This movie was incredible. Definitely up there with the Batman Begins series as far as comic-book-to-movie conversions go. It was highly entertaining throughout. If I had any complaints at all (and they are minor) it would be that the actor who plays Captain America is a bit weak given his company on stage and [spoiler]the part with the flying aircraft carrier was a bit long, especially when the carrier seemed to have virtually no point whatsoever[/spoiler].
-
I found that they went really quickly from the character introduction stuff to the action. Also, Hulk was crazy/dangerous and then was fine.
But I loved it overall.
-
[spoiler]Also, Hulk was crazy/dangerous and then was fine.[/spoiler]
Yes, I picked up on that as well and forgot to mention it. [spoiler]Like initially his rage was uncontrolled and he would attack anyone in sight and then later he was able to patiently take orders or at least stand there and not kill anyone and differentiate good guys from bad guys.[/spoiler]
-
Yup. Exactly.
-
Yeah that bothered me re Hulk too. But overall, it was a ridiculously entertaining movie. I've got to go back and watch the superhero movies I've missed.
-
Me as well. I never did see Captain America and barely paid attention during Thor.
-
Captain America I thought was genuinely good. Thor, mediocre at best.
-
I enjoyed Thor and Cap America. But the first Iron Man was the best of the Marvel lot.
-
I thought that with Hulk [spoiler] when he makes a conscious decision to turn into the Hulk he can control it but when the rage takes him over and he turns into the Hulk against his will, he loses control. At least that's what it seemed like Iron Man was hinting at.[/spoiler]
Now to the important stuff. Gwyneth Paltrow was fucking hot. I am flabbergasted as to how she found a way to outdo Scarlet Johansson and Cobie Smulders, two slamming hotties, despite having a decade headstart.
-
Watched the Thor movie. Pretty meh. He came across as much cooler in The Avengers.
-
I thought that with Hulk [spoiler] when he makes a conscious decision to turn into the Hulk he can control it but when the rage takes him over and he turns into the Hulk against his will, he loses control. At least that's what it seemed like Iron Man was hinting at.[/spoiler]
Now to the important stuff. Gwyneth Paltrow was fucking hot. I am flabbergasted as to how she found a way to outdo Scarlet Johansson and Cobie Smulders, two slamming hotties, despite having a decade headstart.
Oh you young adult.
-
??
Thats actually how I interpreted it. Ren is just that smart.
-
No I meant the Paltrow thing.
Hormones. ;)
I've heard that argument before, and I just don't think that conversation in the movie was convincing enough for me.
-
I have a Paltrow thing too, and I'm not a young adult. I guess I really have to see this movie now.
-
I like her too, but I have less than zero interest in this movie. Hmm. Maybe I'll just watch The Royal Tenenbaums again.
-
Yes, as you sip on your french chateau and caviar Mr. fancy pants.
I'll be over here watching Thor and Hulk bash alien scum to oblivion.
-
I would watch a movie where Wes Anderson creates the first half and then passes it over to Joss Whedon to blow everything up in the second half. As long as Paltrow wears short shorts.
-
Since when is The Royal Tenenbaums considered a fancy movie?
I just like my movies to have more than dudes beating up other dudes who aren't even dudes because they're CG. Superhero movies don't do much for me. Heather saw it and said it sucked, so that's good enough for me. The temptation of Ms. Paltrow isn't quite enough.
-
I was just joking dude. I like the Royal Tenenbaums too.
-
hahahaha
-
I finally got to see this tonight, and damn, fun movie. The only thing that bothered me was [spoiler]possessed Hawkeye just waltzing on to the flying carrier with an aircraft full of bad guys like it was nothing. What kind of security is that, for such a behemoth death machine?[/spoiler] That's the one and only place I got pissed off at the plot, which is rare in this kind of movie. Overall, it was as good as anyone could hope for an ensemble superhero flick. Kudos to everyone for pulling it off so well, particularly Whedon and the principal actors. And yes, the girls are smoking. :)