Overwritten.net
Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: nickclone on Thursday, July 26, 2012, 12:03:53 PM
-
Do you guys have any shows that you're reluctant to admit that you watch on a regular basis? I have a few, some obviously worse than others.
True Blood: This show is stupid, the writing is stupid, the characters are stupid and its extremely corny. However, I've started watching it from the beginning and I feel that I've invested too much into it to quit watching it now. Plus, its a cable show, so I only have to watch twelve episodes a year instead of the major network's 24 episodes. If this show had less, violence/sex and more episodes with filler, I would've stopped watching it a long time ago.
P.S. Anna Paquin is ugly.
Girls: Another show on HBO that got my attention because it was full of white people and nepotism. Before I even watched this show, I had heard that it takes place in Manhattan and there are no people of color in it at all. It was a bit of a controversy that the creator/writer/star of the star defended horribly, but how can you defend a show that has no minorities that takes place in New York. So I watched the show (expecting to have a reason to hate it) and I actually liked it. All of the main actors in the show have family connections in Hollywood, but there is still talent there. It also gave me some insight into the female mind...the childish, whorish, female mind.
Teen Mom: I woke up one day, hung over like shit, without my remote. The channel was on MTV with Teen Mom playing, so I kinda stared at it. After a few hours, I was hooked on the show. I don't know why I like the show, 90% of the people on the show are reprehensible and clueless...but I can't look away.
-
2 Broke Girls. Its a terrible show, but Kat Dennings, man....
-
2 Broke Girls. Its a terrible show, but Kat Dennings, man....
Yeah, there is something about her that draws my attention. She had some nude pics leaked too...but something tells me you already know that. ;)
-
I watched the first season of Vampire Diaries though didn't watch more. I've seen all of True Blood. Also, I watched the first season of Bob's Burgers.
Of those I'd only recommend True Blood. It has great production values and feels very believable even if it is an embarrassment. The others are just.. terrible. I watched a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy, but couldn't stand it.
-
Ok so apparently I need to add Bob's Burgers to the list because I like that show.
-
Bob's Burgers isn't so bad. I watched the whole season and my wife likes it. Most of my friends do. I don't so much but watched it all anyway.
-
Survivor - cause you guys keep making fun of me for watching it.
True Blood - Yup, it's stupid, but vampires!
2 Broke Girls and New Girl - 'Cause sometimes I'm really bored.
-
i'll happily admit that i love bob's burgers - not going to mention some of the crap my girlfriend's got me watching though...
-
Don't you have many?
-
I FUCKING LOVE TRUE BLOOD
-
That 70's Show
That's all I can think of. And I legitimately enjoy that show, but a lot of people seem to think it's stupid.
-
I can't think of any. I liked That 70's Show until they had Donna and Eric go out. It was better with the sexual tension.
-
2 Broke Girls. Its a terrible show, but Kat Dennings, man....
I <3 that show. :D
True Blood - Yup, it's stupid, but vampires!
Since Season 1 ended, that show's episodes are more on and off than a light switch.
-
I'm a pretty big fan of Storage Wars.
-
Kitchen Nightmares is kinda fun to watch. Except it makes you never want to eat out again.
-
I've watched half a season of Hoarders, what's wrong with me...
-
I'm not particularly embarrassed of it but most people here go out of their way to make me feel "childish" for watching anything animated. I don't care, I love those shows: Samurai Jack, Batman Beyond, Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons.
True Blood is one of those shows that I dislike but I must know what happens next. Even though I know that I'm not gonna enjoy any of it, I must know. Anna Paquin used to be cute, like back when she was Rogue in X-men, what happened to her?! [spoiler]Plus, the most annoying character in the show, Tarra, finally dies at the end the 4th season only to be resurrected in the beginning of the 5th season. FFFFFFffff.[/spoiler]
-
I'm not particularly embarrassed of it but most people here go out of their way to make me feel "childish" for watching anything animated. I don't care, I love those shows: Samurai Jack, Batman Beyond, Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons.
. . .
Haha! When I'm at Sandy's, the only time I'll try to watch Futurama, Family Guy, etc is when she's out or asleep. She can't see animation as anything other than childish.
-
I'm a pretty big fan of Storage Wars.
I can't get enough of this. People will catch me watching it when they come over for pre-drinks, and then totally get into it. I don't know what's up with that show but it's like crack.
In a somewhat related note, I first suspected my father was lapsing mentally when he really started liking Two and a Half Men. No joke.
-
Yeah. I'm not totally sure what it is either, but there have been times when I've had the TV on in the background on gone through like 4-6 episodes in a row. I know a part of it is that all the storage facilities they go to are near where I grew up so I'm familiar with the areas, but that can't be it.
-
Haha! When I'm at Sandy's, the only time I'll try to watch Futurama, Family Guy, etc is when she's out or asleep. She can't see animation as anything other than childish.
Man, why can't they see it as something more? WHY?! haha ;D
-
I'm surprised so many put Bob's Burgers on the list, it's not great, but I still like it.
-
I've seen every episode of Friends.
I think Anna Paquin is hot in a sort of girl next door way, but it's not enough to get me to watch True Blood.
-
Why would you be embarrassed by Friends?
-
Because he should be.
-
Really? I thought the show and the cast were generally good.
-
I guess generally good isn't a bad way to put it, but the show was just so bland.
-
To me it's really more than the general attitude of the show is like a light-hearted soap opera, with a comedic aim, resulting in a very unrealistic representation of how a group of friends might interact. I guess this is ok for some people but is way, way off from the typical things I watch.
-
Friend of mine was trying to get me into "How I met your mother", I think its got some good moments but kinda like what W7RE said it is unrealistic, but my issue is that is has this serious undertone like I'm supposed to take these tender hearted moments seriously and I almost catch myself throwing up a little inside.
-
Yeah "How I Met Your Mother" is kind of strange like that. I like watching it because its funny, but then it tends to drop seriousness here and there that feels out of place.
Also, Friends is stupid. So is Seinfeld. THERE I SAID IT! HAVE AT ME, BRO!
-
I watch British comedies.
-
P.S. Anna Paquin is ugly.
haha ditto. she doesn't seem like a very nice, approachable person either
-
Hell's Kitchen
I forget the show name..but it was on just for one season... about a cop partnership--one newbie and an older/seasoned guy who wouldn't follow the rules.
Royal pains :P
-
I forget the show name..but it was on just for one season... about a cop partnership--one newbie and an older/seasoned guy who wouldn't follow the rules.
Is it The Good Guys (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567254/)?
-
Xessive! that's right haha.