Overwritten.net

Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: W7RE on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 05:47:36 AM

Title: Frog Fractions
Post by: W7RE on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 05:47:36 AM
I brought this little web game up in the Battlefield 3 thread, but it probably deserves it's own topic.

http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions




It starts off simple and then develops into more. You really should stick with it until something significant happens. I'd hate for someone to try this for 5 minute and be like "yea, that's a decent little web game" and miss out on the fun, but I don't want to ruin it for you anyway. So just take 20 minutes to check it out, and maybe get lost for an hour or more.

Giant Bomb were contemplating it as one of their top 10 games of the year, but ended up making a new award category for it called "Best URL of the Year".
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: idolminds on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 08:56:35 AM
Yes, it is certainly worth playing.
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: Xessive on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 12:07:41 PM
Ok, despite my browser bias this is pretty addictive. I still maintain my stance on browser games though.

If you haven't tried it, go for it now and take W7RE's advice to heart, stick with it.
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: Cobra951 on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 02:01:04 PM
Hahaha!  Wow.  How to even talk about this without spoilers?  My biggest problem so far is that everything happens in slo-mo.  Age of my system, I'm sure.  The CPU is pegged.

[spoiler]I've made it as far as a text adventure game.  Don't know if I'll keep going.  I wonder how much further it all goes.[/spoiler]

Edit:  This thing crashed the flash audio entirely.  I didn't realize it until I tried to watch idol's posted video about Pokemon X & Y.  I had to restart FF to get audio back, so I guess I'm done with this.
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: W7RE on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 04:24:18 PM
I made it to the same part as Cobra then had to quit. I couldn't figure out what to do. [spoiler]Not that I don't know how a text adventure is played, but I couldn't figure out what command I needed to type in. I explored the other rooma nd such, and it seemed like I needed to find a way to remap my ship's route but couldn't find the right command.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: idolminds on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 05:06:17 PM
Ah man, that means you didn't get to [spoiler]be president of bug Mars and fix the economy by making bug porn.[/spoiler] Or wait, did that come before the part you're at? I forget.
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: W7RE on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 05:47:58 PM
That came before where I got, but I didn't get that result lol. [spoiler]I was on trial on Bug Mars, but I didn't become president. They just gave me citizenship, then I was back to killing bugs, but on Mars. I think that's when I went down and spent 5+ minutes in an underwater cave on my dragon, while some guys was telling me about the history of boxing. Then I think I found a spaceship and ended up in the text adventure.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Frog Fractions
Post by: TheOtherBelmont on Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 09:12:00 PM
Frog Fractions is pretty amazing.  I was laughing through the majority of the game. I remember checking it out after the Giant Bomb guys had mentioned it.  [spoiler]The text adventure definitely took me the longest to get through but I was able to make through after several attempts.[/spoiler]