Overwritten.net

Community => Entertainment => Topic started by: scottws on Monday, June 09, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

Title: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
Post by: scottws on Monday, June 09, 2014, 04:35:17 AM
I saw Edge of Tomorrow yesterday and thought it was great!  As you've probably picked up on from the trailers, it has a similar premise to Groundhog Day except it is about battle against alien invaders.  The pace of the movie was perfect, the acting was top-notch, and the effects and cinematography were great.

Anyone interested in discussing the ending?

[spoiler]When Cage killed the omega and its blood got on him, I started thinking that it was some sort of survival mechanism for the omega.  Like: "You're not done yet!"  But instead it jumps him back to the start of the film (rather than when he recovers consciousness after being brought into the UDF) and the omega and all the mimics are dead.  Anyone have any theories on why his time got moved back that far and yet the aliens were dead?[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
Post by: angrykeebler on Monday, June 09, 2014, 02:44:22 PM
I am looking forward to this very much!
Title: Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
Post by: ren on Thursday, July 17, 2014, 05:02:08 PM
I liked it a lot too. It's been to long since I watched it to remember the details of the ending though.
Title: Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
Post by: Quemaqua on Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
Haven't heard of this, but sounds kind of cool.
Title: Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
Post by: Pugnate on Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:27:24 PM
I thought it was a lot like a video game!