Author Topic: X-Cooommmm.  (Read 902 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
X-Cooommmm.
« on: Sunday, August 03, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »
On PSP!  I had no idea there was a Playstation version of X-Com: UFO Defense, but I figured out today that there was.  I immediately downloaded it and converted it to an EBOOT for play on my PSP, and it's actually pretty sweet.  It appears to be a complete version of the game, so I guess they didn't drop features from the PC version or whatever, and while the interface is clunky and the game runs a little slow in some regards, it completely works and is perfectly capable of sucking away hours of your life before you notice they're gone.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that little story.  Because hot damn I loves me some X-Com.  Just got finished raping my first UFO, which I stalked over Russia into Siberia where it finally landed.  I lost two guys, but they were my most worthless ones, and somebody had to play human shield when I broke into the UFO itself, right?  Came out with a nice haul.  It's been years since I've played this, and the last X-Com game I played was the much more recent Apocalypse (which had real-time combat as an option, and I loved the game, even though I remember scott saying he thought it sucked), but even playing on Beginner feels fun and challenging after so much time away.

I feel warm and fuzzy now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: X-Cooommmm.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 03, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »
Here's a tip for later in the game, but it's basically a spoiler because it makes a really hard part of the game so much easier.

When you are doing a base assault:
(click to show/hide)