Author Topic: I am Legend  (Read 9915 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: I am Legend
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »
I'm aloof or dumb or both.  I didn't pick up on the zombie/vampire/monster/darkseeker romanticism at all.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 06:42:11 PM »
How about this for trying to find hidden meaning:

(click to show/hide)

;D

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 06:58:42 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »
I just saw the movie. The alternate ending is way better.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

As for the movie, I liked it, but it depressed the hell out of me mid way through, when the dog died. It really ruined the movie for me, and tore my heart. It was absolutely depressing, and I don't understand why it had to happen.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »
I have such a hard time with animal worship.  I really wish I understood it.  This is not about you specifically.  I know it's a prevalent attitude.  6 billion people can have their lives destroyed by a virus, experience the horror of degenerating into rabid monsters, and kill each other.  That's OK.  But if one dog gets infected and killed, no one can handle it.

Edit:  That scene made me very sad too.  But I think I was sad for the man losing his last and best friend.  You could see it in his face.  Great acting job.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
People are shit.  They're mean, selfish, and by and large cause nearly all the problems we experience every day.  Everyone has pets, and most of the time their relationships with them are completely pure and positive.  The relationship I have with my rat is like nothing I've ever experienced with any person.  It's closer to the relationship one would have with their own child, given the dependence they have upon one for their care, but without all the annoying shit like having to get up in the middle of the night and wipe the shit off them (most animals are far cleaner than children).  I don't see that there's any mystery at all.  The mystery is that any of us have ever liked each other enough to form towns and cities and nations without committing absolute, irreversible mass genocide in the process.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »
Read the book. The dog dying makes more sense, and the ending does as well. I hated the changes they made in the movie.

I recently watched The Last Man On Earth, the old movie starring Vincent Price. It doesn't follow the book 100% either, but its a whole hell of a lot closer.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
I'm with Que on humanity. I'm still with Cobra on animal worship though.

I remember shortly after the Dawn of the Dead remake came out seeing a short clip of Paris Hilton talking about the part where the young recklessly goes after the dog they sent out with sandwiches. She said, "that's exactly what I would do too." Yea, because you and the girl in the movie are both brain dead stupid.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »
Read the book. The dog dying makes more sense, and the ending does as well. I hated the changes they made in the movie.

I recently watched The Last Man On Earth, the old movie starring Vincent Price. It doesn't follow the book 100% either, but its a whole hell of a lot closer.
I read the book after seeing the movie.  I hated it.

The main reason I hated it is that I Am Legend was finished about halfway through the book I possessed.  The rest of the book was a bunch of really shitty short stories from the same author.  I was completely surprised by the sudden ending and felt let down.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
That scene made me very sad too.  But I think I was sad for the man losing his last and best friend.  You could see it in his face.  Great acting job.

Yea I think I felt depressed for him. They took his only friend away, and yes, his acting was really really good in that film.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »
People are shit.  They're mean, selfish, and by and large cause nearly all the problems we experience every day.  Everyone has pets, and most of the time their relationships with them are completely pure and positive.  The relationship I have with my rat is like nothing I've ever experienced with any person.  It's closer to the relationship one would have with their own child, given the dependence they have upon one for their care, but without all the annoying shit like having to get up in the middle of the night and wipe the shit off them (most animals are far cleaner than children).  I don't see that there's any mystery at all.  The mystery is that any of us have ever liked each other enough to form towns and cities and nations without committing absolute, irreversible mass genocide in the process.

I know you hardly ever do typos (I've only managed to catch three or four moments, in all your years at OW and AOG... it is like a little game. When I win, I dance a jig to "Carmina Burana's O Fortuna"), so I am sure you actually did mean to say you have a pet rat.

YOU HAVE A PET RAT? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL THOSE AND GAIN HIT POINTS MAN!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »
Yes, I have a rat.  Not that one can exactly measure these things on a scale, but he's easily one of the best pets I've ever had, even rivaling the fantastic dog I grew up with.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 07:32:43 PM »
YOU HAVE A PET RAT? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL THOSE AND GAIN HIT POINTS MAN!

Haha....

Suddenly Que realizes why he has always sucked at RPG's.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 07:38:21 PM »
Actually, killing arbitrary wildlife for no reason is one of my biggest pet peeves with RPGs.  The first chance I got, I took the perk in Fallout 3 that makes the animals your friends.  And that was like... hideously deformed mutant animals that might as well have been monsters.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:02:05 PM »
It is pretty unethical. I mean, some dude asks you to go kill 30 bears so that you can get a belt. That's fucked up.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »
You bunch of tree hugging hippies.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
MMO's do it the worst: "I need you to kill 30 foxes!" or "I require 40 wolfskins to combobulate some odd thing that is completely irrelevant to this game... Fetch some! I don't care how many baby wolves you need to kill to get them." I find it more tiresome than unethical.

On that topic wolf pups are frickin' adorable. And husky puppies? forget about it! They're like God's gift to humanity along with kittens.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
MMOs make it worse. "Kill 20 bears and bring me their skulls!"

*kills bear*
*loots bear*
*no skull....wait, what?*