Author Topic: Nooooo!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Nooooo!
« on: Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 09:55:25 AM »
The Auctioneer site says it's going to be 2 weeks before they release a 2.0 compatible version.

This is the worst news ever. Now how am I supposed to fleece the market for all its worth in the ensuing chaos of the patch?

Offline shock

• Poster Child
Re: Nooooo!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »
I assume that this is going to kill all UI mods, too, right?

I can't imagine playing without DAB and the multitude of other stuff.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 03:32:31 PM »
Yup, theres been some big changes to the UI stuff, so all mods have to update.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »
Another good reason for me to wait!  Yay!  I hate playing without auctioneer.  It's like being an amputee and trying to bench a few hundred pounds even though you're missing an arm.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 10:03:47 PM »
Arg...its tough. Reconfiguring the addons, getting used to the new changes, dealing without particular addons. No auctioneer is like living in hell. The author really changed Bagnon...and not in a way I like. I wish it offered its own "classic" mode.

But I did see a druid in Tree of Life form, which is kinda cool. You know, if you want to be a fucking healbot. Screw that noise, I'm going down feral so I can Mangle shit.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »
Haha yeah I was fearl up until 56 I wasn't happy about the damage I was doing so i rolled a rogue and respec'ed my druid to resto. Which means I have to find all new int leather gear for her.

W7RE

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 05:25:02 PM »
Yea I was using like 20-25 addons, mostly small stuff. Now I've got 3 installed:

CT_Core  (main CT mod)
CT_Unitframes  (adds health/mana text to unit frames nad target class)
WitchHunt  (spell alert when an enemy is casting something)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 11:45:51 PM »
Well, I got that bag mod to behave the old way. Plus I installed the Auctioneer alpha. Not going to do too much major on it until its final, but at least I have item prices again. Makes it easy when your bags are full and some cool loot drops you know whats the one thing you can drop without losing much money.

I felt so naked without those 2 mods. And MonkeyQuest. And Perl Classic Frames. Now I just need AutoProfit and I'll be all set.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 11:54:26 PM »
Yea I was using like 20-25 addons, mostly small stuff. Now I've got 3 installed:

CT_Core  (main CT mod)
CT_Unitframes  (adds health/mana text to unit frames nad target class)
WitchHunt  (spell alert when an enemy is casting something)

I thought the new patch has built in spell alert now doesn't it?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 11:58:49 PM »
I dont know what the spell alert does, but the built in thing will display your target enemy's cast bar. I checked it out with the shormhides in the barrens. Shows the cast bar and whats being cast. Doesn't work with Perl yet, so I don't really notice.

W7RE

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 12:47:10 AM »
WitchHunt will put text in the middle of the screen (I have it set to be somewhat large). It will be something along the lines of:

*Shortstuff: Polymorph Turtle*

It's a good way to alert you to someone casting a spell without you having to watch your target frame all the time. It can also alert you to spells being cast by somethign other than your current target, though I have mine set to only show it from my target.

My main reason I got it was so I know when to kick on Kel'Thuzad, but I guess the built in enemy casting bar would work just fine for that.

I really need to find a CooldownCount type mod (cooldown numbers on your skill icons), and something to automatically put on my mount gear when I mount up. It's hell trying to connect to any mod sights though.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 12:52:41 AM »
Heh... this may be somewhat coincidental, but I do happen to know a mage by the name of shorttstuff.  He transferred from Kel'Thuzad to Executus a couple months ago. 

I wonder if that's who you're talking about :P

W7RE

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 04:09:36 AM »
lol no, I just came up with the name randomly haha.