Author Topic: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread  (Read 199119 times)

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #240 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 12:45:18 AM »
Why is there another huge thread? Should I just combine the two? Would make sense.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #241 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 12:50:51 AM »
I made my way to the Mountain, which has a dragon and Giants there.

[spoiler]
That quest is awesome, where you have to side w/ either
1. The dragon only
2. The giants only
3. Neither, take 'em both on.

And that cinematic where the dragon busts through from the other side of the mountain's awesome.

I have yet to win the battle, regardless of which path of choose....[/spoiler]


That was an amazing quest. I really loved it. Especially that dragon battle.

Hey how is that 1.05 patch treating you?

Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #242 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 02:25:31 AM »
That was an amazing quest. I really loved it. Especially that dragon battle.

Hey how is that 1.05 patch treating you?
[spoiler]You can take sides?! The fuckers totally backstabbed me both ways!! The first time I sided with the dragon coz the giants were cocky bastards! The dragon said it'll help me in the battle against the giants and the SOB stood me up! I had to fight the giants on my own! So I went back killed it!

I loaded to an earlier save and this time I sided with the giants and they stood me up too! So reloaded for a final time and sided with neither.. the bastards.

I guess in my case it was a bug, coz no matter what I did nobody ever aided in any fights.. I had to fight them both on my own.. They were tough fights too!

I had no idea it was a bug though, I thought they were just backstabbing bastards.[/spoiler]

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #243 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »
[spoiler]You can take sides?! The fuckers totally backstabbed me both ways!! The first time I sided with the dragon coz the giants were cocky bastards! The dragon said it'll help me in the battle against the giants and the SOB stood me up! I had to fight the giants on my own! So I went back killed it!

I loaded to an earlier save and this time I sided with the giants and they stood me up too! So reloaded for a final time and sided with neither.. the bastards.

I guess in my case it was a bug, coz no matter what I did nobody ever aided in any fights.. I had to fight them both on my own.. They were tough fights too!

I had no idea it was a bug though, I thought they were just backstabbing bastards.[/spoiler]

At The Mountain -- The Giants Vs. The Dragon Quest
[spoiler]
The Giants will backstab you, if you side w/ them against the dragon, after your party and The Giants take the dragon out.

If you side w/ the dragon and defeat The Giants, The Dragon will give you an option to take the Belt and leave -- he said if I touch the treasure, he'd kill me. I think you need a High Charisma skill, so he won't backstab you, after y'all kill the Giants. Well, after the dialogue was done w/, I decided instead of leaving the mountain, I decided to touch the dragon's treasure; it attacked me and killed me and my party.

See, I'm REALLY greedy. I sided w/ the Giants -- so I didn't really want to deal w/ the Dragon w/ just my party. An entire party of 5 and those giants did a number on that dragon; that was great. Then, since the giants backstabbed me, I took the giants out. It's a tough battle, but this is the easiest way to get through it, since Dragons are REAL TOUGH. After all was said and done, I took EVERY spoil of this battle.[/spoiler]

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #244 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
Why is there another huge thread? Should I just combine the two? Would make sense.

That would work for me.

You could combine THIS THREAD w/ this threads:
NWN2 Huge Thread


EDIT:
Well, y'all beat me to the merge w/ the Huge NWN2 Thread merge

Y'all could merge this thread into it, too.
Another Thread


Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »
At The Mountain -- The Giants Vs. The Dragon Quest
[spoiler]
The Giants will backstab you, if you side w/ them against the dragon, after your party and The Giants take the dragon out.

If you side w/ the dragon and defeat The Giants, The Dragon will give you an option to take the Belt and leave -- he said if I touch the treasure, he'd kill me. I think you need a High Charisma skill, so he won't backstab you, after y'all kill the Giants. Well, after the dialogue was done w/, I decided instead of leaving the mountain, I decided to touch the dragon's treasure; it attacked me and killed me and my party.

See, I'm REALLY greedy. I sided w/ the Giants -- so I didn't really want to deal w/ the Dragon w/ just my party. An entire party of 5 and those giants did a number on that dragon; that was great. Then, since the giants backstabbed me, I took the giants out. It's a tough battle, but this is the easiest way to get through it, since Dragons are REAL TOUGH. After all was said and done, I took EVERY spoil of this battle.[/spoiler]
Yeah, that wasn't much of an option for me.. I had to to duke it out with both of them since neither would side with me! Damn bug! Either way I wallopped the dragon and ravaged the giants.. Ok I came out of each fight barely alive, but I did it damn it!

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- Huge Thread #2
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
Yeah, that wasn't much of an option for me.. I had to to duke it out with both of them since neither would side with me! Damn bug! Either way I wallopped the dragon and ravaged the giants.. Ok I came out of each fight barely alive, but I did it damn it!

Yeah, I came out of most of the Chapter 3 fights in NWN2....barely. Usually, w/ one party member conscious -- and w/ barely any health. That's what happened w/ the dragon and giant battle; and the battle w/ the Lizardmen clan in Highcliff.

I'm lovin' NWN2 a lot, but damn -- can we have better technical performance from *this* game engine?
Am I askin' for much here....?

Regardless, I'm lookin' forward to the expansion.

Oh, BTW -- BETA Patch 1.06 is now released for NWN2.
That's good -- so Final Patch 1.06 for NWN2 should be comin' out soon, then...



Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »
Not bad.

Hopefully the engine fixes in the expansion will really boost performance. Although I'd hope the patches help as they roll in.

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 05:56:48 AM »
Quote from: X
Hopefully the engine fixes in the expansion will really boost performance.
Agreed.

Quote
Although I'd hope the patches help as they roll in.
Even more so, I agree.

I'll give Obsidian credit -- they recognize problems w/ their game in even interviews and are often banking out patches for NWN2; and often,these patches add some worthwhile features.

Kudos to Obsidian -- just keep it up.


Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 06:56:44 AM »
I hope they're granted the resources to support the game as much as they'd like to. Now that I've read more of Obsidian's feedback I get the impression that there's so much they want to do, but little time and resources to accomplish it all. I respect them for standing by their product and acknowledging the flaws.

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »
I hope they're granted the resources to support the game as much as they'd like to.
I do agree, even if it means "forever" (hopefully not taking "Forever" like "Duke Nukem") until their next game comes out! :P

Quote
Now that I've read more of Obsidian's feedback I get the impression that there's so much they want to do, but little time and resources to accomplish it all.
That's what it seems like, yeah.

I ain't finished NWN2: Original Campaign yet, but from what y'all say about the ending, it seems like the game was really cut-off at a "cliffhanger point" in the full story, as if they picked a cut-off point b/c they had to get the game out the door...

That's what DS2 felt like. The ending was like, "Okay....this is the end??!?!" Same goes for the end of Gothic 2, as well. Sometimes I wonder about some of these RPG's, w/ the way they ending them -- it's as if they run out of time designing them, so they find a chop-off point in the story and then decide they will continue it and finish the story with an Expansion.

Quote
I respect them for standing by their product and acknowledging the flaws.
Agreed 100%.


EDIT:
The "Two Dragons" Side Quest Battle, if you want to do Nolalath (spelling?) a "favor"
[spoiler]
The cinematic leading up to the fight, after attacking the crystal, was awesome.

When fighting w/ the two dragons, OMG -- I got my ass handed to me, every time I tried it. Wasn't even close. I'd barely get one dragon to even "Badly Wounded" status.

(I should note, I usually play on Hardcore D&D Rules when playing D&D Rules...That is what I play NWN2 on...)

Eventually, I just said, "Skip this -- maybe I'll come back later to this (when I'm a higher level) or just not even do that side quest!" Heh![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 01:18:57 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #251 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:19:17 PM »
I'm doin' the Defending The Keep stuff -- which has been awesome, though in-game framerate performance is not-so-hot....

Defending The Keep
[spoiler]
I did The Two Bridges quest.
I defeated The Siege Towers.

Now, battling The Nightwalker and Garius.[/spoiler]

EDIT -- May 19, 2007:
I made it up to The Three Reavers battle. This battle is -- how should I put this?
Yeah, it's ridiculous.

EDIT -- May 20, 2007:
YES!!! Defeated Garius and his minions in an awesome battle.

Black Garius Spoilers
[spoiler]
BTW, before the battle began, Garius turned these NPC's against me:
Bishop, Neeshka and Qara.[/spoiler]

Next up, King of Shadows battle...

EDIT #2 -- May 20, 2007:
Damn, that King of Shadows kicks my ass, every time....I'm lucky if I get him to Injured status.
Tough bastard.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 07:52:56 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 08:48:16 PM »
MyD finally finished this thing, having one really long and tough battle w/ that King of Shadows.

The ending, some things were settled...
Though, some things were not....


ENDING DISCUSSION
[spoiler]
So, looks like it is unknown if any party members or the hero made it out alive.

And Daeghun is still searching for the hero, as well.

And if they did survive the collapse of the palace, sounds like -- from the sound of things -- that the shadows of the palace filled the air and took them along w/ them into the shadows, too.

Other than that, the rest of the ending -- w/ stuff about all the other characters, the cities, Torio Claven,  and all of that jazz was quite complete and very good.[/spoiler]

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: NWN2 -- The HUGE, HUGE Thread
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 01:49:43 PM »