Author Topic: I Hate Valentine's Day  (Read 1989 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
I Hate Valentine's Day
« on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »
I hate Valentine's day, out of all the things we celebrate, Valentine's has to be the most meaningless and all around excruciating of them all. Sure, it's great for women, but men don't get to enjoy the "holiday" itself. Poor John has to spend all his money on cheap CVS candy and come up with some romantic idea while hoping its not a scene from a movie that his girlfriend has witnessed already (cause thats cheating). If you're lucky, I guess you could get laid, but couldn't you have gotten some last week without going through all this trouble? Why do the guys have to work for booty? This is the 21st century, it should be the other way around in this day and age.

I'm not doing a damn thing for Valentine's, I'm going to stay up as late as I can tonight and sleep through the sappy, love storm of tomorrow.

P.S. I only slept until about 2 pm.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: I Hate Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »
I remember the sappy love storm.  *Somebody spoke and I went into a dream*  Laaa la la laaa!

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
It's not so bad this year. I bought slightly better than usual food for dinner tonight, so I get to reap the benefits from the gifts just as much as Aimee does. The big treat was the market busted out some strawberries today, so I nabbed some along with heavy whipping cream so we can make fresh ice cream. Should be pretty good really.

It also seems Aimee got me something and put the present on my desk (I left before her today), but I'll wait until she gets home to open it... although it probably won't be that machine that freezes time for everyone else but me that I wanted.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »
V-Day just flat-out sucks overall period, anyways.

To add to that sucky-ness mentioned above, as of today, it's been exactly one year now since I last seen the former g/f...

C'est la vie, I guess...

Hey, is there an official non-holiday day like V-Day, but for Singles? :P

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Yes D, it's called Valentines Day, and it's the day you get to celebrate not spending money on someone else while everyone else compains about it.  Then you go to the bar and pick up lonely girls who have to make a point to tell you they're not lonely and that has nothing to do with why they're grinding the fuck out of your leg.   

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
Hah, my fiancee is taking ME out to dinner at some exquisite restaurant tomorrow!

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
i haven't read everything yet. but i went out. chatted to some girls, informed them about how evil they all are, and one of them went home with a friend. i bought cigarettes and sweets. fuck. i lost. FUCK THEM ALL.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »
Yes D, it's called Valentines Day, and it's the day you get to celebrate not spending money on someone else while everyone else compains about it.

Amen.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »
I really don't care one way or the other.  My wife and I don't need an excuse to like each other, and we rarely do anything for it.  I usually bring her home a couple candies I stole from work or something, no big deal.  We did go out to eat this year just for kicks, but we went yesterday so every idiot wouldn't be out at the restaurant.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »
Yes D, it's called Valentines Day, and it's the day you get to celebrate not spending money on someone else while everyone else compains about it.     
I'd rather spend the money and be with someone.

Maybe that's b/c it felt actually nice to buy something for the girl I really cared about for a change, last year -- unlike the other 27 years of my single life.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 05:13:10 AM »

Maybe that's b/c it felt actually nice to buy something for the girl I really cared about for a change, last year -- unlike the other 27 years of my single life.

This is an  honest to goodness freindly statement D -
Let it go man. You're right about the above about it feeling good to spoil the girl you're with but you need to let it go now, it's been 12 months.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 07:20:52 AM »
yeah D, if you wanna make the trip out to mission hill i'll hook you up with some ghetto bitches!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 08:19:32 AM »
Pymper D

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 08:20:12 AM »
*Please* get a vid of D with ghetto bitches. I would pay to see that.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »

Jesus Christ D, you're still moping about a girlfriend from a year ago?  You're about 9 monhts past needing to be the fuck over it.  I'm almost afraid to even ask how long you dated this girl?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »
What the fuck?  I don't really think he was moping at all and have no reason to think he isn't over it.  That came across to me just as a statement without any real emotional implications.  Like when I say that I really like nights when I fall into sex at the end of it more than nights when I just get a cab, go home, and pass out in my bed fully dressed with a beer in one hand and a half finished text message in the other.  I don't mean I want a girlfriend so I can have sex every night, I just mean I like the suprise sex (not the rape kind of suprise sex, that's probably not enjoyable).

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 06:37:15 PM »
Yeah, nothing in D's post really justifies the shit you guys are giving him.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 16, 2008, 02:57:35 AM »
LOUD NOISES
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 16, 2008, 04:07:11 AM »
I have to ask, is there anything -- aside from the obvious inability to get on with your romantic life -- wrong with still having feelings for your ex? What's wrong with emotional attachments? Even if he can't get over her emotionally, is that really such a character flaw that it deserves scorn.

To be honest, it is a bit refreshing to see someone like that. I am not suggesting D is that person, but am just thinking out loud.

D, do you still like this girl, or do you like the idea of being with her? Why did you guys break up? Was it because of your enormous sex drive?