Author Topic: Get Smart  (Read 11585 times)

Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Get Smart
« on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 02:41:59 AM »
I just watched this in the cinema last night and I loved it!

I thought it was brilliant and a great tribute to the original 60's TV series.

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Get Smart
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
I hadn't seen the original 60's series but I loved it. Steve Carell can keep a straight face like nobody else.

Favourite line:

[spoiler]When they're freefalling out of the plane and Agent99 has him and says I'll be right back. Smart then responds with "Where could you possibly be going?". He delivered the line perfectly; I was almost in tears.[/spoiler]

Also, Anne Hathaway almost makes the movie unwatchable by being too good looking.

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Get Smart
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm a big fan of the original series, which is why I thought the movie just looked strange, and I sort of hate when they make weird movies based on older shows.  But it did look pretty funny... I'll have to give it a rent before long.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Get Smart
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »
Steve Carell played the part so well! His line deliveries were priceless hehe

This is definitely going on my list of favourite movies.