Author Topic: Merry Christmas to all!  (Read 2902 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Merry Christmas to all!
« on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
Whats up fellas?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Merry Christmas to all!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
I'm spending Christmas with Sandy's family.  She's sick, though, really unfortunate timing.  Went to dinner at a fancy place last night.  Tonight we're having dinner at the house.  We'll be heading back home tomorrow.  It will be the first time ever that I travel on Christmas day.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
Merry Christmas, doods!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Merry Christmas, e'erybody!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Merry Christmas!

Also long time no see Scary, you've been doing alright?

Spending Christmas chilling at the house, have the weekend off, I'm soo going to enjoy this.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
It's weird down here.  "Merry Christmas" seems like it isn't P.C.  There are a lot of Jewish people and outspoken atheists down here.  "Happy Holidays" is the norm.

That said, Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
Happy Holidays to everyone!

I plan on playing Resonance of Fate all day tomorrow and tonight when I get off work because I'm not going to my mom's place until 10PM tomorrow.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »
Merry Christmas! I'm sitting here playing Junk Jack on my iPod and drinking Cutty Sark on the rocks. I'll pass out early. Tomorrow I'll walk the dog.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »
MEEEEary christmas. eat foods. and things.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »
Merry Christmas!

Also long time no see Scary, you've been doing alright?

Spending Christmas chilling at the house, have the weekend off, I'm soo going to enjoy this.

I've been doing well. Just been really busy lately. Before fall quarter at OSU started, I was working full-time, and taking part-time classes. I decided that I really needed to go to school full-time and work part-time in order to finish school and I set a goal for myself to do so by winter quarter. You would think going from a 100% employee to a 50% employee wouldn't be so hard, but being in the position I was in they were extremely unwilling to move me. I was the only person in my department that had senior pharmacy tech status because the other 12 people couldn't qualify for it for various reasons, so they wouldn't move me. Then, I had a stroke of luck or bad luck depending on how you see it. A 40 pounds box of saline was stored on a cart improperly and fell on my foot breaking my 4th and 5th metatarsals. I worked on it for three weeks as I really didn't know I broke it. It hurt all the time, but I figured it was a tissue contusion. It got pretty painful so I ended up going to employee health and I found out that I had broken it. I got a doctors order for light duty, and when I gave it to my boss person, she completely ignored it and refused to accommodate me. That ended up with me yelling at her and threatening to write me up and suspend me for insubordination...blah blah balh. Well, I left and went straight to HR, and bam, next thing I know, that bitch got fired, and I was at home chillin, and still am until January 16th. And, because she refused to accommodate me and had me working on it for a week after I had given her the doctors note, they were afraid I might take some legal action. So, I pretty much get to tell them what I want, and so far they've obliged me with everything. Got me a nice raise, moved to a second shift 50% position, full health benefits and they still have to pay for my entire education. Booya! 

And during all of this I was renovating a new house that I currently am dwelling in with my lovely lady. It's dope. Gonna put some pics up with my sweet man-cave that I now have.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I missed you guys. Things are settling down and I'll be popping in and out of here pretty regularly now. My school schedule is looking very nice next quarter with Math, CSE, and Engineering, and when I go back to work, my work schedule is almost entirely up to me. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Shit, man. Sign me up for that deal. Sounds like you hit the jackpot.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 06:49:24 AM »
MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Haha, awesome.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
We're doing the usual here which means about 5 or 6 families coming over and enjoying a turkey dinner/indian potluck hybrid. Then in the evening all the kids under 15 or so (there's about ten of them) open their presents and we all watch them go nuts. Should be a fun time.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »
Me lieky the Skyrim picture.

I got:

Kindle Fire
Skyrim
Some running stuff
Some random other things
Gift certificates

Good Christmas.  Was totally not expecting the Kindle Fire, but it's seriously awesome.  I'm loving it.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Merry Christmas

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 06:12:42 PM »
I'm on the Kindle Fire I got Jennie now. From the tech blogs I was expecting a bug-ridden POS, but it is really awesome. Jennie was totally surprised and loves it.

Good Christmas here.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »
Greetings all, and Merry Christmas.  We just got home from the 72 hour Christmas Gauntlet we run yearly.  As usual, Beth's family was much more generous than I believe I deserve.  Got some really neat stuff.  Our unborn daughter got some good stuff too (car seat yaaaaaaaay!!!). 

Anyhow, very enjoyable holiday, but very thankful to be home.

Merry Christmas (belated) to all of you.  I truly enjoy and appreciate this community.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »
I got a pretty good haul. The GF's parent got me way too much..

Koyecera burr coffee grinder.
Batman: AC(Xbox360)
William Sonoma peppermint bark
Sweet robot pajama pants(Boosh!)

And the GF got me..

Uncharted 3
Grado SR-60i headphones(things sound incredible)
Kershaw Clash pocket knife
Pocket Knife sharpener

Awesome stuff. Hope everyone had a good christmas.

And yeah, Scott. Kindle Fire is awesome. GF has one, and I have a regular 3rd gen kindle keyboard which I really love. Waiting for a 2nd gen Fire to come out before I get one.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
Awesome haul Scary.

Umm... why do you need a pocket knife sharpener? (very cool, but still?)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
I have several pocket knives and I have at least one on me at any given time. They are incredibly handy and useful. They tend to get dull after a while and need sharpened. So she got me this thing...

http://www.amazon.com/Smiths-PP1-Pocket-Multifunction-Sharpener/dp/B000O8OTNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324950452&sr=8-1

It works really really well.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
What Scary said. I've had the same Swiss Army knife since I was 12. They don't stay sharp long, especially when you use them for everything.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:15:51 AM »
Merry Christmas!!!

went to two different parties.. one on the 24th and another on the 25th. Both were small and intimate with friends.

Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »
What do you guys use your knives for? Just curious.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 02:49:30 AM »
What don't you use knives for?! :P

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 06:03:58 AM »
The most rigorous duty I've given mine is stripping the bark off of logs and peeling back some of the pulp to help get a fire started.  Other than that it gets used most often for opening boxes.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 06:46:32 AM »
Yeah, I use mine to make kindling or get at dry wood in order to start a fire in my fire pit. And your not supposed to do it, but I use mine to pry at things sometimes, at least my swiss army knife. I use it to cut tape, twine, rope, tags, plastic, opening letters, make a hole in a belt once in a while, it's incredibly useful.

I just have this feeling that one of these things will save my life one day. You never know when a crisis might arise, and you're going to have to go all Macguyver on something.

I got this one for Christmas and it's awesome. Looks great, good clip, high quality blade, and it's so much fun to open...

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1605-Clash/dp/B003LNR5YM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324993345&sr=8-1

This is what I carry around a lot of the time, and it's awesome. I have an older model that my Dad gave me some years ago, and it's one of the most useful things I've ever owned.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Ranger-Pocket-Knife/dp/B000687B58/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1324993518&sr=1-1

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
This is the one I have.  I can't believe that 1) they still make it the same way and 2) I remembered the name of it.