Community > General Discussion

I may be homeless soon + personal update (update: I now have an apt!)

<< < (2/11) > >>

Xessive:
That's a tough situation, man. I really hope you can get through it.

W7RE:
Just to add a little more in response to K-man, now that I'm not on mobile:

Working through that one target memory in therapy with EMDR helped a LOT. If I had been able to continue going, we would have worked on more traumatic memories. Just the amount of change I experienced from doing the one makes me think that if I can get back into therapy, I can make a lot of progress. As I think I said above, I've got a Medicaid hearing on the 10th of October to see if I can get on that. If I can, I'll be back in therapy and doing EMDR. Aside from finding a place to live, this is my current mental focus, and what I hope comes through. I really want to get back into therapy, almost as much as I want a place to live. Maybe more, I'm not sure.

Also, from October 12-17 I'm going on a trip to California courtesy of a friend out there. He rented a large cabin in Lake Tahoe and a bunch of people I've only known online are going to be there and hang out all weekend. I've had the ticket for months already, but I feel like the timing of the trip will be great for giving me something to look forward to, and a break from the new life I may be entering.

Pugnate:
It is very painful to read this. I really hope things improve for you soon. Keep us posted.

scottws:
Wow, W7RE... thank you for being so open and honest with us.  I had always heard that people with histories of child abuse suffered severe consequences.  I couldn't really wrap my head around it until both your story and the story I heard from another acquaintance earlier in the week.  Crazy that I've gone so many years not knowing and then got a look into two situations in one week.

I really feel for you, man.  It sounds there is some really bad timing of things going on, but you are turning a corner.  Keep your chin up.

W7RE:
Our landlord gave us another month to find a place. So same situation, but we have an extra 30 days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version