Author Topic: 'No Santa' school teacher axed  (Read 9009 times)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: 'No Santa' school teacher axed
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 10:34:04 PM »
Quote from: nickclone
give permission to any of the mods to edit my posts to what I "should say"

You gave us our permission to do that when you agreed to the TOS...

In any case Nickclone, people are suggesting you have a chip on your shoulder because you do. A fact, it would seem, that is apparent to everyone but you.  We were having a discussion about how a school teacher should have been disciplined for telling children there is no Santa, and about the myth of Santa in general.

Then you waltzed in and completely without provocation saying that "we were all missing the point" which, if you bothered to actually read the thread there was a discussion going on where people were defending both sides of the situation, and then made a needless inflamitory comment about god which was completely off topic and generally mean spirited (hence... the chip on the shoulder) you wanted to piss some people off about how you think it is stupid to believe in god.  People then actually started to debate this topic in a civil manner and you started accusing other people of "Trolling" and "Flaming" Two words, incidentally that I thought I wouldn't ever be forced to read here, when in fact the only person who even approached doing either of those things was you. and possibly Que, who had the general good decision making skills to leave the thread when he got offended.

Whatever the case, you're fine speaking your peace here as long as it doesn't resort to personal attacks.  Just don't expect to get a warm reception when you act like an 8 year old in desperate need for attention.

The topic of God and the belief therein is a topic that is best suited to the serious topics forum.  The reason for that should be apparent.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Re: 'No Santa' school teacher axed
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 02:09:10 AM »
Personal attacks? Acting like an eight year old? Have you noticed I'm one of the few who haven't stooped to that level in this thread when people have had words with me? I don't see how myself, disagreeing with the masses in one thread, equates to having a chip on my shoulder. Even more so when I'm the one being attacked.