Community > General Discussion

COVID-19

(1/6) > >>

ender:
Everyone okay? I, as most of you know, am in New York City. Things have been very weird the last week. Today, I loaded up my monitor and computer from work to set up at home – where I will be mandatory working from home for 2 weeks or possibly a month. I, hope, have not contracted the virus – but I was very tired and sick for a few days this past week. I didn't have the fever or cough, but I stayed in – seemed to go away quickly – but obviously no way to get tested at this moment unless sever. I feel 100% fine now – I video chatted a doctor and he thought it was mostly exhaustion (I had worked a lot the previous week) on top of seasonal allergies (it was mostly tired feeling with stuffy nose). Anyway, that scared me for a couple of days. Now everyone is starting to isolate and stay in their homes, so definitely feels very weird on the streets.

I got out for a few things — going to a friend's small birthday dinner tomorrow — but still adjusting to the new weird normal way of things for the next few weeks or months.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

gpw11:
Some guy in November decided a sneezing bat was a good thing to eat.  March: NBA and NHL cancel their seasons.  Crazy.

idolminds:
So far so good, but I don't go out much as it is. Just worried about my folks. My dad just recently quit his job (unrelated to the virus) so at least he isnt being sent into hospitals for work, which is probably a dodged bullet there.

scottws:
I'm in Broward County, FL. We're limiting social contact. My employer (offices here and in both Syracuse and New York City) went 100% work from home on Thursday.

We are doing fine so far. I don't know anyone that's sick and no one at my work or anywhere I've been has been a confirmed case. Except two people in San Francisco at a conference I was at a few weeks ago. But I didn't visit their booth. So 🤞

W7RE:
Current status: ok for now. Stores have no TP, meat, eggs, or rice though. I haven't run of anything yet, but I'm ironically making more trips to stores to check for limited supply items that I would normally just get on my weekly trip.

14 confirmed cases in Forsyth county.
https://infection2020.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version