Games > General Gaming

Hitman 3 announced

(1/2) > >>

idolminds:
Heck yeah!
You'll be able to import your Hitman 1 and 2 levels into 3, and it seems like progress will carry over. I'm so excited, this trilogy of Hitman games have been so good.

iPPi:
I have always been a fan of the Hitman series, and the current iterations have been a lot of fun, with very well designed levels and gameplay mechanics. I will be looking forward to this one.

My one complaint is that they need to optimize the size of the game. Currently, Hitman 2 is taking 150GB on my hard drive.

iPPi:
Hitman III will be an Epic Games store timed-exclusive for 12 months. I can understand why they may have decided to do that as IOI is developing and publishing the game themselves. That is disappointing nevertheless though since I would assume that most PC players will have the game on Steam. For me at least, all of my previous Hitman games are on Steam so in order to ensure I get all previous Hitman levels on the latest game, I'll have to wait for the Steam version to be released.

idolminds:
They have said that the level unlocks and progress will transfer from Steam to Epic, I'm assuming through the IOI account though details haven't been released yet.

Interestingly, they cut the install size in half. Hitman 2 is 149GB right now which includes all the Hitman 1 content. Hitman 3 will be roughly half that size while still including all the content from the previous games. Amazing.

idolminds:
ok well forget what I said about unlocking the levels. https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

--- Quote ---HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
We’ve done everything possible to make this process smooth and player-friendly. However, due to various circumstances out of our control, we want to acknowledge that the process is different to our initial plans for PC players. We also want to share some of the initiatives we’ve set-up to make sure that PC players the chance to keep enjoying the benefits of the World of Assassination.

The HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be available to claim in the first 10 days after launch for anyone who purchases (or has pre-ordered) any edition of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.

Owners of HITMAN 1 on EGS (including all players who claimed it when it was available for free in August) will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.

The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.

Our hope is that these initiatives help to ensure all HITMAN 3 PC players can able to enjoy the new game with full access to HITMAN 1 and their progression carried over as a minimum.
--- End quote ---

So it seems your *progress* will carry over with the IOI account, but the levels actually being unlocked will not. Which sucks ass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version