Author Topic: Emulate any PS1 game on your PSP  (Read 1340 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Emulate any PS1 game on your PSP
« on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 09:30:43 PM »
Neato

The downside is you need to use this custom firmware on the system. If you're cool with that you can rip the games yourself and use this special conversion tool and you can then play your PS1 games with Sonys official emulator.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Emulate any PS1 game on your PSP
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »
Pretty damned big downside.  Still, that's pretty sweet.  At this point I'd almost consider that an acceptable replacement for using the machine as a portable SNES, but you've also got to consider space.  A lot easier to store SNES games and stuff, much harder to store PS1 games.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be hacked soon. Honestly, I don't know why Sony keeps trying, it seems like all these hackers have something against the PSP.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 10:37:16 AM »
That is hacked firmware.  For a while, 2.71 SE (hacked, there are no letters after official firmware releases) was all the rage.  It allows playing ISOs of UMDs.  I haven't been on top of the PSP scene for a few weeks, so it could very well be that this 3.02 OE-B also allows homebrew and UMD emulation from the memory stick.  (I don't know yet.)