Author Topic: Update: BULLY just MIGHT get a sequel  (Read 2209 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Update: BULLY just MIGHT get a sequel
« on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 04:02:29 PM »
Are you kiddin' me??????? Possibly no sequel to Bully???

Hmmm....Now I'm wonderin' if it'll ever get a PC port.....I bet not...

No Bully Sequel?
[Ure "Vader" Paul] 04:22 am EST @ January 05th, 2007

Expecting a Bully sequel? Yes? Well, guess again, because it looks like some people are skeptical about that. Speaking to GamePolitics, analyst Michael Pachter expressed his doubts regarding Rockstar's potential release of Bully 2 - despite the game's critical acclaim.

Pachter said that following US sales which "trailed off pretty dramatically in November," he'd estimate around 800,000 units will be sold during the game's life-time. "My guess is that the company did no better than to break even. I would NOT expect a sequel," he said.

Just to jog your memory, Bully was released on the PS2. We had a lot of fun with the game and gave it a score of 94/100.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 15, 2007, 02:42:20 PM by MysterD »

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: BULLY might NOT get a sequel
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »
I thought it was news when something happened, not when something didn't happen.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 07:22:34 PM »
Would it be a great lose if there was no sequal? The game didn't seem to be that great so big deal.

I thought it was news when something happened, not when something didn't happen.

Haha yeah it must be a slow news day for D.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »
I don't know that the game really needs a sequel.  I mean, it was good, it was fun, and it was neat, but it was pretty self-contained.  I think it was what it was, and that was great.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

haha no no... Sirean's got it slightly wrong. It isn't that something didn't happen... it is that it might not happen.  :P
« Last Edit: Monday, January 15, 2007, 11:55:45 PM by Pugnate »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: BULLY just MIGHT get a sequel
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 02:41:45 PM »
Bully 2 sequel might actually happen....

Having previously suggested a Bully sequel was highly unlikely due to poor sales, analyst Michael Pachter is now saying that a second game is a distinct possibility.

"I have been consistently wrong about this title," Pachter, who represents Wedbush Morgan Securities, told GamePolitics, "I thought it would be stupid, and it was fun; I thought it would get poor reviews, and it got solid 90s; and I thought it would bomb, while it now appears to be a million unit seller."
Advertisement

Going under the name Canis Canem Edit, Rockstar's latest has enjoyed strong sales in the UK - although mostly thanks to heavy discounting, which has seen it take up residence in the All Formats/All Prices Top 40.

"I did not expect a sequel, while now I have to acknowledge that a sequel is a possibility. I never hesitate to take credit when I'm right, and I never hide from my mistakes," Pachter explained.

We think it's a nice show of humility, really - something we're not used to seeing around here, where we're all ace and everyone else is rubbish all the time ever.