Author Topic: Most awesome site ever  (Read 3069 times)

Offline ren

• Veteran
Most awesome site ever
« on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

All these bootlegs of classic concerts, amazing sound quality for streaming audio, and a nice site to navigate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Most awesome site ever
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »
Seems cool, but I have to say I'm disappointed in the selection.  I found a few things that I probably wouldn't mind listening to, but not a single thing I set out to look for.  And no, I wasn't looking for obscure metal shit.  =P

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »
You know, I think I heard about this guy a couple weeks on NPR ago because he's getting sued by a lot of the musicans who actually performed this music and stuff. Funny thing is, I think I'm in agreement with the musicians here. He bought all this stuff from some old record producer. The way I It was simply the collection of stuff, not the rights to show it off or copy and sell it. It was compared to going into a music store, buying some shirts and CDs and then claiming you had the right to copy the stuff and sell it for profit. The only difference is that a lot of the stuff was extremely rare so almost no one had seen it since it was locked in a warehouse for years.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »
According to him, he's paying for a lot more than personal listening.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 06:05:25 PM »
I wonder if anyone actually bothered to check if the seller really had the rights to this sort of thing to begin with as I imagine if that's the sticking point.