Author Topic: The "Music I'm Currently Listening To" Thread  (Read 27034 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: The "Music I'm Currently Listening To" Thread
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »
Good deal, bro -- good deal!

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »
Been listening to Mastadon: Blood Mountain. Petty good CD. Been getting into some metal lately for some reason.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »
I had to go digging for this thread, not an easy task on this snail OW has become.  I really didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

I'm listening to Zen, by DJ Krush, though not all of it.  Without its 4 rap numbers and a very weird 5th track, I think this is an awesome 40-minute album (tracks 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 12).  What would you call this, Japanese hip-hop, trip hop?  The styles vary a lot, not surprisingly for a compilation album.  With my aversion to rap, it's difficult for me to find newer music that I like, particularly from such artists.  The only reason I learned about the album, or even DJ Krush (a name that would have normally scared me away from even trying to listen), is the 12th track, Paradise Bird Theory, which became the theme song for Crackdown, the Xbox 360 game.  I got curious after playing a lot of the game again recently, and found Zen.  Not new by any means, but it is to me.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
I've been listening to various Final Fantasy VII stuff, including the Crisis Core OST, which I really enjoy, the Advent Children OST, and the ocremix Voices of the Lifestream compilation.  I wasn't expecting to get so into the whole FFVII thing as much as I have, but I'm still going strong on the original game and am totally rabid to see what's in Crisis Core despite how cheesy it looked to me a month or so before release.  So... whee.  I'm in a musical rut otherwise.  Not much has been interesting me lately other than Meshuggah's new one.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
Does anyone here use Last.fm at all? For those who don't know it's basically a program devoted to this thread.

My account is here: http://www.last.fm/user/satpaler/