Author Topic: Crazy bastard hurts own children to sue Campbells Soup Co.  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Crazy bastard hurts own children to sue Campbells Soup Co.
« on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 06:35:45 AM »
JONESBORO, Georgia (AP) -- County prosecutors will pursue child cruelty charges against a man who admitted tampering with his children's soup to get money from the Campbell Soup Co.

William Allen Cunningham, 41, pleaded guilty to communicating false claims last week in federal court. But local officials said those charges do not address the harm done to his children.

Clayton County District Attorney Jewel Scott said the state case will be reopened and prosecutors will seek to indict Cunningham on five counts of child cruelty.

Cunningham's 3-year-old son and 18-month-old daughter were hospitalized twice in January 2006 -- the first time after eating soup laced with hot peppers and lighter fluid, and the second time with the prescription drugs Prozac and Amitriptyline.

According to federal prosecutors, Cunningham called the soup company and threatened to sue. Under the terms of his federal plea agreement, Cunningham could be sentenced to as many as five years in federal prison when he is sentenced April 19.

source

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Crazy bastard hurts own children to sue Campbells Soup Co.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
What an idiot.  Hope they lynch him.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »
What a fucking idiot.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
gpw, here's your word of the day:

Munchausen syndrome by proxy / Fabricated or Induced Illness

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
psssh... Try to impress us with something that wasn't featured on House MD within the last 2 weeks.  Lame.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »
What a fucking bastard. He should be castrated so he can't have any more kids.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:50:20 PM »
gpw, here's your word of the day:

Munchausen syndrome by proxy / Fabricated or Induced Illness

Nicely done, although doesn't it usually refer to faking illness in one's self (Munchausen syndrome) or one's children (by proxy) strictly for attention rather then personal monetary gain?  Well, that's how I use it when I throw it down in random conversations in order to impress people anyways.

I don't know which is more fucked up, but remember that nurse a few years ago who is/was pretty much a poster child for Munchausen by proxy?  It's kind of fucked that it took so long for the hospital to catch on.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:52:57 PM »
It's my understanding that inmates with a rep for hurting children do very hard time indeed.  The other inmates see to it.  It would be nice if it's true.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
Munchausen syndrome has been turned into such a cliche. In every medical drama/comedy they have at least one patient with it once. From what I understand they aren't really sure how rare it is.

Also GPW that is a scary link.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
Nicely done, although doesn't it usually refer to faking illness in one's self (Munchausen syndrome) or one's children (by proxy) strictly for attention rather then personal monetary gain?  Well, that's how I use it when I throw it down in random conversations in order to impress people anyways.
MSbP is used more informally to refer to this sort of thing, although you're right that MS is (technically) supposed to be a special case of FFI. For the purposes of a clinical diagnosis it hardly matters, since either way the treatment is to separate the victim from the malicious caregiver, and probably file a police report.
psssh... Try to impress us with something that wasn't featured on House MD within the last 2 weeks.  Lame.
Like Hell I watch network television.

Fine. Here's a new one: Teratogen. No, wait: Acrotomophilia. Oh, better!: Maggot Debridement Therapy.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 01:24:31 AM »
damn it..  i guess money's more important than the kids.. sad
Taken.