Author Topic: Bye bye copy protection.  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Bye bye copy protection.
« on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 04:10:19 AM »
MUHAHAAHAHAHAHA! MUHAHAHA MUHA MUHA MUHAHAHAH!

:-[

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/03/06/anydvd_hd/

AnyDVD HD now copies Blu-ray discs, too

Wolfgang Gruener

March 6, 2007 14:26

St. John's (Antigua) - Slysoft claims to have bypassed virtually any copy protection technology that is integrated in the high-definition disc formats HD DVD and Blu-ray. Following the previously announced HD DVD ripper, the software now also supports Blu-ray discs and allows you to play both formats on computers without HDCP chips.

Protection of high-definition content is a very sensitive topic, as movie studios and distributors are banking on it to grow revenues over the next couple of years. If Slysoft's claims are true, the copy protection in HD DVD and Blu-ray is virtually gone, enabling users to playback and copy HD media on any PC with a Blu-ray or HD DVD drive.

The latest version of AnyDVD HD provides fewer features than what is offered for HD DVD, but is powerful enough to raise additional concerns in Hollywood. The software removes encryption (AACS) from Blu-ray discs, removes region codes and includes a UDF 2.5 file ripper, which means that users do not have to install a third party UDF 2.5 file system under Windows XP. For HD DVD, the software also removes general user prohibitions and parental controls, allows user to skip certain introduction screens and re-master commercial movie discs using XML scripts.

For both formats, AnyDVD HD bypasses the requirement for HDCP chips in various components of a PC. Typically, a Blu-ray or HD DVD movie can only be played on a PC that integrates a HDCP equipped Blu-ray or HD DVD drive, as well as a monitor and graphics card that have HDCP chips. In some cases, this requirement could translate into unexpected and substantial costs - especially for users who want to upgrade an older dual-core PC to HD capability.

Slysoft says that AnyDVD HD has a minimum requirement of a 2 GHz Pentium-class PC with 512 MB of memory and 2 MB of hard disk space. The minimum operating system requirement is Windows 98, while the software needs at least Windows 2000 to copy HD DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Slysoft sells the AnyDVD HD feature as a $30 option for the regular AnyDVD, which sells for $49.

Never has a hack made me feel so good. I am totally against piracy, but this whole thing was fucking ridiculous. I should be able to play a HD DVD if I have the drive.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Bye bye copy protection.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 07:27:19 AM »
Stick it to the man!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
Yeah, that kicks ass. Of course, now there will be new protection that is created. And then broken. And so on.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »
. . . ad nauseam.  But I see no other way short of toppling the power elite.  Bloody revolutions are too expensive for media rights.  This is better.

I'm surprised it was so quick.  I'm going to have to get that just so I have it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »
LMAO @ this all.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
I'm not surprised.  CSS (DVD's copy protection) was cracked from the get-go.  HD-DVD and Blu-Ray use better encryption, but all encryption is eventually breakable when you have the keys.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »
You guys suck. AnyDVD HD was in one of the last few links I posted here when HD-DVD came up last time.
I'm not surprised.  CSS (DVD's copy protection) was cracked from the get-go.  HD-DVD and Blu-Ray use better encryption[...]
Surprisingly, AACS is weaker than CSS in substantial respects. That was in a link I posted here on at least two occasions. (HDCP was broken long before it hit market.)

There go my delusions about any of you actually reading the stuff I post. I bet you all still think aspartame causes cancer in epileptics, too.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 11:34:37 PM »
You guys suck. AnyDVD HD was in one of the last few links I posted here when HD-DVD came up last time. Surprisingly, AACS is weaker than CSS in substantial respects. That was in a link I posted here on at least two occasions. (HDCP was broken long before it hit market.)

There go my delusions about any of you actually reading the stuff I post. I bet you all still think aspartame causes cancer in epileptics, too.

Don't get all butt hurt.  This stuff happens, you should know that.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 11:37:03 PM »
W&C, I'm going to assume you had a big grin on your face when you posted that.  I don't recall any link to AnyDVD HD when I read what you've posted on the subject in the past (and I did read it).  If I missed it, my apologies.  I've been using AnyDVD for quite some time now.  It is a terrific driver-level product which makes commercial DVDs appear free and open to Windows and all its applications.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 12:05:56 AM »
You guys suck. AnyDVD HD was in one of the last few links I posted here when HD-DVD came up last time. Surprisingly, AACS is weaker than CSS in substantial respects. That was in a link I posted here on at least two occasions. (HDCP was broken long before it hit market.)

Aspartame + alcohol = good.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »

Did anyone hear something just now? Because I sure didn't!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 02:25:40 AM »
Me either.  Must have been the wind.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 02:30:28 AM »
Now I'm confused.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 03:32:14 AM »

Hey a new guy!