Author Topic: Holy shit! +20 dead in shooting  (Read 14493 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Holy shit! +20 dead in shooting
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »
Well, most importantly it would alert the students that there was a murderer on the loose. Why does everyone seem to think that this would cause mass hysteria? If there was a murder on my campus and they hadn't found the killer, I would like to know about it. Let me answer your question (What would that have accomplished exactly?) with another- What would have been the harm in letting people know? Actually, let me answer your question- it could have accomplished saving 30 lives. Actually, Raisa just pointed out that it saved one life. The girl stayed home because she read the email about the initial murders.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It's sad that these families get bombarded with media coverage in their grief.

According to that bald headed girl who pretended to be dead (thus surviving) the shooter stuck his head into the class at least twice and surveyed the class before making his move. This guy scouted and was very methodical about it. So unless they cancelled ALL classes then imo it wouldnt have made a bit of different. Someone else would have been shot in place of the student who stayed away from class. I would go as far as to say things might have been WORSE. (yes, things might have been better too but thats not that point)

You can't blame law enforcement on this. There was NO WAY they could have seen this coming. There is only ONE person to blame and he shot himself.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
I'm not putting the murders on the law enforcement, I agree completely that the murders are 100% psychopath's fault. I just think that they could have done more. Perhaps this is just one instance that we will have to agree to disagree.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:30:51 AM »
I am just thinking what if the gunman had chosen to open fire in the residence. It is much harder to get inside a residence building once it is locked up.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 08:02:33 AM »
I found a very interesting article about the shooter here:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070417/tech_shooting_070418/20070418?hub=TopStories

Apparently, he had several previous incidents involving women and police, and some of his professors noted that he was disturbed.  Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 08:06:43 AM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
I have mixed feelings about the police response.  It's one of those things where the worst case scenario happend and so some people get caught with their pants down.  I can really see the justification and logic behind both sides, and maybe in the future there will be actual policies regarding cases like this, but for the time being I don't really see it as a sign of incompitence - just lack of foresight.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 04:19:11 PM »
Cho Seung-Hui had previously been confined to a mental hospital and his parents were trying to get him back into treatment. He also shouldn't have been able to purchase the weapons in the first place, in accordance with the Brady bill.
Great, it was probably some loser, pimply faced virgin who didn't have the decency to just kill himself and leave everyone else alone.
Police also confirmed that Cho was admitted to a mental health institution over fears he might be suicidal.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070417/tech_shooting_070418/20070418?hub=TopStories

Plus, our mental health system is a friggin' joke.

See? There's plenty of blame to go around!