Games > General Gaming

Resident Evil 4 PC -> Update: HD version w/ Steamworks support & 60 FPS coming

<< < (2/6) > >>

scottws:
That's funny.  If you read the quote from MysterD, it says "unsurpassed visuals."

MysterD:

--- Quote from: scottws on Sunday, May 20, 2007, 12:38:59 PM ---That's funny.  If you read the quote from MysterD, it says "unsurpassed visuals."

--- End quote ---

Well, what do you expect?
Ubi is really trying to pimp their game w/ that "Press Release."

Visuals ain't gonna be the best thing about this game -- from the screens, it really don't look like it is adopting any new Pixel Shader 3.0 features or any of the new tech stuff for the PC port of the game.

From the reviews, it looks like a straight port. Not much changed, visually. No mouse support. I guess they figured it's best to keep a console game a console-style game, so you're best off w/ the controller support here. I guess, at least they ain't charging some odd $50 for such an un-enhanced, lazy port of the game -- like Microsoft did w/ Halo 2 PC for Vista.

sirean_syan:
Having played and loved it, stuff did change visually. It got worse.

Quemaqua:
I remember GPW saying it looked like the took out the lighting.  I didn't believe him and thought that was impossible.  I owe him an apology, because those screenshots look exactly like that.  Like they just ripped out the lighting.  God, those are horrible!

idolminds:
There was a patch released for the foreign versions that put the lighting back in. Did they not have that built in for the US release?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version