Author Topic: Online Dating  (Read 25152 times)

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
Re: Online Dating
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 04:31:34 AM »

Ah, so young, so foolish.

You're talking about speed dating.  As far as I'm concerned it's the stupidest thing in the world.  Like a series of job interviews for a mate.

talking from experience?

Taken.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »
No, I don't think I could handle speed dating.  I've just seen it in movies and stuff.  Me + Speed dating would probably end up in some funny stories though.  I have a feeling I'd get uncomfortable and just turn into a jackass...or pretend I was retarded. 

Edit: And I have so much e-game it's sick.

I also sent a message to a girl on the site last night trying to be nice, inspired by an article on digg ( which I should actually try to find for this thread) about a guy parsing potential e-suitors for his son's hot nanny.  I sent this chick some advice about attracting unwanted attention and how she might be giving people the wrong idea.  Nope.  Message read and deleted, profile updated.  Turned down the nice, jacked up the slut.  Well, I guess I helped her be more direct.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 11:51:08 PM »
In these double posts I will update with quotes and stuff.  If it's annoying let me know and I'll try to intigrate, but I feel it provides a bit of a breaking point between discussion/narrative and quote/commentary posts. 

I ran across this: 

daddys79 : Looking for a sugar daddy

I'm a decent, highly educated, classy woman who is looking for a 'daddy' to love me and spoil me. I would prefer it if you were quite a bit older than me as I like mature sophisticated men.

In return you will be treated very well by me.

Serious enquires only please. I don't sleep around and I am only looking for one daddy, so there will have to be a special bond between us.

Personally, I wouldn't classify a gold digger as either classy or decent (materialistic and whore is a bit more on base), but that's just me.  Either way I like to fuck around with people, so I sent her this

Intrigued - hear me out

I think I might be the right kind of man for you.  That is if by "spoil me" you mean you'll buy me stuff like gas and 40oz of OE.  On top of that, I think we'd be perfect for each other if by 'mature and sophisticated men' you mean ones that are a year younger than you but have the cardiovascular system and liver of a 60 year old man. 

No, seriously...let me know.  Seriously.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »
lol!  you're nuts..  very entertaining
Taken.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 12:07:26 AM »
You're hillarious. I actually read your profile from my 'decent' profile on *** and hated the fact that you lived so far away. I think you'd be a blast to hang out with.

Interesting.  That certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »
I've gone too far, lost control of the situation, and now I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 02:14:49 AM »
holy shit its in bold, what the fuck do we do!!!

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »
this makes the world a brighter, better place

Taken.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
I will be compiling a full report in the future.  But fuck, do I ever love icecream.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
Ice cream sounds yum right about now.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 11:51:49 PM »
So, I believe I'm now ready to finish my report.  Should I start posting it here or in another thread?

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
posting it here..
Taken.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 27, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »
The strategy

The strategy is simple; you need to get as much exposure to people as possible.  This site has a feature where you can see who clicked on you to check out your picture/profile.  This is your best weapon.  Click on every single profile out there and people will notice, and then write you if interested.  It beats the hell out of sending people messages, because in my experience that has about a 30% return rate.  IF you’re actually serious about this kind of thing, I’d imagine you’d want to set some time aside, create a couple forms you could easily alter and personalize, and then send (spam) those out to anyone you’re interested in. That’s how I’d probably go about it.

Initially I had my profile set up under the ‘Intimate Encounters’ section of the site.  This is kind of fucked.  I went into it before a bit, but people there don’t really seem to know what the hell they are looking for.  You’d imagine it’d be like “I’m in.  I’ll meet you at your place and we’ll have sex.”  The truth is, from what I can tell these people want to go on dates first.  “They don’t want a relationship, but really need to get to know someone first” That’s a boyfriend.

I had a couple girls talk about immediate sex, and a few from out of town try to ‘line something up’, but I don’t know if I could actually make a sober decision to go and take down a stranger in a pre-planned way.  Maybe when I’m older and creepier.  These girls also weren’t very good looking.  When you’re listed under intimate encounters people can still see your profile.  It kind of reflects poorly on you if you have it listed.  There are actually some users you can’t message if you ever had it listed.  Personally, I wouldn’t suggest this route.  The other downside is that most of the people listed in this section don’t show pictures.  I guess they don’t want to be labeled as sluts.  Keep in mind you can always see other sections of the site, so even if you don’t list yourself in intimate encounters, you can still see and talk to them.  This is key.

I think the best way to list yourself is ‘hang out’ and not mention anything in your profile as to what you’re actually looking for.  That’s easily the vaguest and I’d imagine you’d get the most hits.  Most people will ask what you’re looking for which is kind of annoying, because it’s a total girl looking for a boyfriend question, no matter what they say.  With Hang out on there you can pretty much twist that into anything depending on what they’re looking for and if you want to scare them off or entice them.  People in this section also show their faces a lot more and seem significantly less crazy/fucking insane. 

The other key is to create a new email address. This is something I do a lot.  I probably have 4 semi-active msn accounts for reasons I won’t get in to here. I’d suggest setting up a brand new one dedicated only to the people you meet off the internet dating site.  That way you can avoid them all at once, and can completely avoid them being able to track down who you are.  I don’t know if that would be all that important, but in the days of facebook and the like it seems like a good idea to lead a modular lifestyle (which is probably the defining characteristic of mine.  I hate any aspect of my life overlapping with another.)  I have nightmares about some of these girls somehow tracking me down through facebook, adding me, and then generally infiltrating my personal life.  That just should do.

And that brings me to the next key point – research.  You need to research these people, which is another reason to use a completely separate email address/msn account.  Google is pretty much useless for this type of research and no one uses MSN spaces.  Load up facebook, use that address to find friends, and you contacts from your ‘creep’ msn account will be shown.  Put their names in the search box and if they are in the same network, you can see pretty much everything about them.

Someone once told me that if you could get inside a prospective employee’s someone’s house for 10 min and absorb what was in there you could learn more about them then you could in a series of hour long job interviews.  Facebook kind of works the same way.  If their facebook account has like 1000 apps installed and it looks like a myspace account this person is probably ….well make your own judgment.  Read their walls, look at their pictures, and see what kind of crazy motherfucker they are.  Because I’m partially convinced that in some way or another they’re all crazy.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 27, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »
Bitches

As you can imagine, mixed in with the crazies are the bitches.  For instance:

If you do NOT meet the following criteria, STOP READING, and CONTINUE ON IN YOUR SEARCH.

-if you lack EDGE, if you have it you know what it is, if you don’t, LOL keep reading.

-if you're 5 ft 10 and shorter, STOP reading.

-non-Indians need not reply, nothing racist, just personal preference as we all have those.

-if you have not yet invested in a gym membership, as working out is essential, STOP reading but do continue enjoying your twinkie. LOL. I work out 5 days, 1-2 hours a day. Enough said.

-if you’re simply looking for some fine p@$%y, STOP reading.

-if you're bitter or burned from previous relationships, STOP reading, only positive happy people need respond.

-only those who are looking to base a friendship/relationship on loyalty, love, compassion and understanding respond, otherwise STOP reading because cheaters, liars or those lol so called players (those who try to shove their equipment into every hole available) need not respond.

-playing sports and being "active" doesn’t cut it, sorry men. I've met plenty of men who claim they're active but look nothing close to it.

-if you're stressing about that $5 dollar Frapuccino you're going to end up buying your date, or the measly $30 something meal, STOP reading.

-no show offs needed, we all know you GOT IT GOING ON OR DON'T from the way you conduct yourself, we don't need to hear about your daddy's accomplishments and riches as you seemingly interpret them as yours.

-lack confidence

-too bad if you feel this profile lacks compassion, doesn’t mean I need to adjust my standards because you feel sorry for yourself for not meeting the criteria.

-looking for a self made individual, no bums or those with lol questionable careers.

-needs to by physically attractive, chemistry is important!!! (If you don’t think so, then stop reading)

*ITS A SHALLOW WORLD, KNOW YOUR PLACE IN IT AND ATTEMPT TO WORK ABOVE IT!!!!

Any of you feel this is offensive or rude, its the truth!!!!!Dont sit there wallowing in your misery, go do something about it!!!This is what we as humans living in today's world look for, atleast I admit it!!And those wishing, "thank God I'm not Indian", go do a bit more research and you'll find women of all colors look for this in men.

Lets break this down:

-You need EDGE.  That might mean like a razor-sharp intellect, but chances are it's like some kind of guy who either thinks he's a gangster and drives a suped up civic or some kind of guy who's really into mountain biking.  Or something inbetween. 

-It's not racist just because I'll only consider mating with my racel.  Wait....yeah it totally is (pretty much by definiton), not really in the negative racist way, but I just need to go out of my way to explain I'm not a bigot.  Like how some people only hire white people...it's just a preference.

-I work out a lot because I'm either unemployed or pretty much unemployed.  I also laugh at my own jokes.

-I Don't need to deal with your shit, your job is to deal with mine.

-functional strength and cardiovascular health isn't as important as pecs and biceps.  I like show muscles.

-I'm old fashioned, unemployed, AND demanding.  No, I will never give you head or work, but I will try to control you.  I'm a real catch.

-I'm reeeealy picky and single, although I don't want to be.  Why would I adjust my standards?

-I laugh at weird times when I'm not even making jokes.

-I don't know what chemistry means, but that doesn't stop me from using the word.

-I have a completely self-absorbed and warped view of reality.  I'm also not going to post a picture of myself for some reason.

-----------------------

Reply:
"I can't help being short and sort of white."

We'll see where this goes...but probably nowhere.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 12:13:24 AM »
That was a lot of typing when "I'm a totally shallow bitch, if you like that then email me!" would have been more to the point.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 12:45:58 AM »
But we got to enjoy gpw ripping on her, which made it all worth it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »
My original plan was awesome.  I was going to ruin this bitch...but then I thought about it, and some jokes, while still funny, are also pretty mean.  I think I'd like to stay away from that. 

That said, every day I get into this shit gets a bit more strange in a different way.  I'll post more in a while, but fuck. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:01:51 PM »
I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

EVASIVE MANEUVERS!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »
I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

After this statement, threads generally get more interesting.  I am excited.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #60 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
Explanation forthcoming after I think for a bit about what I've done.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #61 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:08:57 PM »
brb, popcorn

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #62 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:13:04 PM »
EVASIVE MANEUVERS!

Seriously, though. We need to know what happened.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:18:40 PM »

Seriously, though. We need to know what happened.

Fucking yes, I was hoping someone would do this.  I love you, you magnificent bastard.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #64 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
I would tell you that I love you also, but you totally butchered my Scotty thread for a cheap laugh. Granted, I laughed, but still. Death unto you. And so forth.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #65 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »
I would tell you that I love you also, but you totally butchered my Scotty thread for a cheap laugh. Granted, I laughed, but still. Death unto you. And so forth.

I could have done a lot worse, be grateful for my mercy.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #66 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
Yes, well, speaking of mercy, sweet Jesus gpw is taking his time.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:19:21 PM »
I'm seriously considering never speaking of this again.  It's not that bad, I just kind of worked myself into a corner.

There are some girls on this that I have been talking to over a period of time.  Girls like me.  Some want to date me, some want to sleep with me.  I set out doing this making sure I didn't have any intention of sleeping with any of these girls.  I haven't done so, but that changed to I wouldn't sleep with any of these girls unless they were from out of town.  That said, here's the short story of the breakdown.

I generally log onto this when I get home from work, leave the window open while I do whatever, and check it periodically.  I don't know how many messages are average a day but I'm probably in contact with roughly 5-6 girls on this a day.  A few I've talked to before, a few new.  People tend to phase out.  Anyways, One of these girls messaged me right at the start: She wants to have sex.  She sends me a picture, and she's fairly good looking.  It's pretty easy to avoid having sex with someone, you just crack a joke and slowly segue into the next subject.  Last night she asks for my msn, sends me a picture of her tits and asks when I'm coming over.  I can't.  Basically a lie, but for whatever reason, I don't want to do it.  I know if I nail one girl on this, it's over.  I'll have no problem nailing the others.  Fair enough.  She plays it off cool.  Whatever. Just a bit weird because she was totally cool with me not trying to have sex with her and I think she actually liked that.  I don't know what made that change.

When I first changed my profile a few weeks ago to 'hang out' I almost instantly got this message from this chick who asked 'what I was looking for'.  She'd seen it before and was curious about the switch.  I sent some answer that wasn't too complicated, but danced around the question.  She didn't get it.  Should have been the first warning.  I dumb it down and send it back, she gets it.  I don't know why I did this in retrospect.  I should have just stopped there.  She asks questions and I *sort* of answer them.  She wants my msn.  I can't really explain it, but this bitch is fucking crazy.  Accusing, low self-esteem, just generally weird. I know this girl.  Not this specific girl, but the type, and for some reason dealing with them at all almost makes me feel a bit sick.  That's extremely mean, but it's hard to explain how crazy needy these types of girls are.  This chick is whacked.  So, she's talking to me on msn and it's boring as fuck, but I go along for a while.  I don't ask for a picture (this is the only girl to contact me without either sending one in the opening message or just having one), and she doesn't give me a full one.  What she does do is inexplictly send me one of her lips, her chest chothed, and her bra.  Great.  I don't want this.  I should point out that I do mention to all these girls that I'm pretty much screwing around and not looking for anything.  Not a girlfriend, not sex, I'm just bored and like talking to people I don't really know.  

This chick is pushy as to why I don't want to meet her.  Like weird pushy.  Then she's all feeling sorry for herself and all this. Whatever, I nicely end the conversation after one of these things, log out and block the fuck out of her.  She sends the same message every night "Go to bed".  Whhhhhhat the fuuuuck?  I probably should have just done the cut off, but I foolishly thought I could do a slow phase out.  Anyways, I unblock her last night, as per the slow phaseout plan.  First message. "What are you doing?"  "Why don't you come over here and fuck me".  I can't remember how I declined but I got a "What the fuck is wrong with you?  You too good to fuck me?"  Oh shit, the 'library is closing and I have to go'.  Blocked.  Last night; "Go to bed.  You'll need your sleep".  After work "Have you decided to be a man yet?".  Apart from the fact that this chick is fucking crazy, she was also very adament that she would not sleep with me at the start thinking I had some secret plan.  Bitch you contacted me.  Why the 180?  No idea.  Blocked, avoid forever.

So this other girl is much the same. She messaged me right at the start, but was totally looking for a boyfriend.  I basically filled her in.  Whatever, she gave me her number and wanted to meet sometime.  Good looking.  I never called because I'm not going to.  She was pretty cool about the whole thing.  So, I'd occasionally talk to her on msn, and she was normal enough.  I haven't talked to her in a while, and she messages me today with the awesome opening like of "I really want you. I really want to fuck you".  I should point out that where that says 'fuck' it goes through her msn as a devil totally giving it to an angel.  I don't know why.

So, anyways, this chick isn't too low class, stupid, crazy, or ....well, I don't actually think there's anything wrong with her.  I don't want to be a dick, but I try to find a way out of this.  The whole "joke, misdirect, move on" isn't working.  At all.  She's too blunt.  Now, if you've ever told a girl straight up that you're not going to have sex with her, you know you need a good motherfucking reason.  I don't have one, and can't make one up at that point.  I try to turn it around.  "I'd totally be down, but you're not like that."  She says good girls can essentially be sluts every once in a while as well.  I express my concern she might be 'unkowingly' hoping it wil turn into something more.  No go.  I ask if she thinks she'll be cool about it after of if she'll be unhappy she did it.  Who am I to tell her how she'll think.  

I'm grasping at staws here. She just graduated university and just moved back into her parents place untill she finds a real person job.  I use that excuse.  We don't have a place to do it.  She has lots of nice parks by her house, and there's also the automobile option.  I think she's great and deserves something a bit better then a park and a sex blanket.  That's not what she thinks.  

Do you see what I did here?  I fucking worked myself into a corner.  Back when I apealed to her sense of higher morality, because she's not like that.  I said I was down.  I also said I was down when we just didn't have a place to do it.  HAd I manned up and been like "I just don't feel comfortable pre-arranging sex in a public place with someone I've never met" I think I'd be fine.  No feelings hurt, no dilemma.  But I came off hot from two 'close calls' (is it a full moon?) and was probably cocky.  

It ended with me trying to squirm out, and not being able to.  Eventually I bought more time.  She had to go out to a bar.  What bar?  The Bourbon.  Fuck!  I'm susposed to meet someone there later.  That aside, where it's left at is I should text her for sex, or we can do this another night.  I only have two options here:  Full out avoidance or nail her.  So, what it comes down to is will power versus drunk sex drive.  I know what usually wins.  

But, the real dilemma.  If I nail this girl, there's no way I'm not going to nail the others.  And I know how that will end: massive panic attack, possible breakdown.

NEVER TELL CRAZY SHE CAN HAVE A BABY.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #68 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
Step 1 - find a hammer.
Step 2 - smash hammer into your face repeatedly.
Step 3 - go into a coma and pray the horny psycho doesn't rape you while you're unconscious.

EDIT - But seriously, I have no idea how to respond to that.  I can see why it's weird, and I can see why you don't want to go down the path of least resistance... so I guess what I'm saying is don't.  Worse comes to worse, you blow the chick off and she hates you.  In the end, what does it matter?  It may not be great, but it beats the alternative.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #69 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »
A++ would read again

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »
I didn't really make that very clear, but I think I got the point across.  The only one I'm really concerned about is the third girl.  The first is a blatent slut, a few days ago she told me in a message on the site that she slept with some guy with a penis ring.  'It was great and she pretended it was me'.  At the time I thought it was funny.  I'm still 60% convinced it was a joke, but it's hard to tell with the internet.

The second chick is a non issue.  She was only brought into it because within a 24 hour period three girls (two of which would have been the hardest to crack that I've spoken too - if I wanted to crack them) blatently propositioned me after weeks of back and forth non-sexual conversation.  I believed that to have bearing.  She's also fucking insane.

The third girl is a bit of an issue because it's one of those people I'd genuinly feel bad about hurting.  Not that she's a friend or anything, but I feel bad when nice people somehow get hurt in any way because of my actions.  I can't see anyway at all it won't end up like that. 

This got a whole lot less fun.  I was going to break the posts up by categories.  The next one was going to be "The Crazies".  Now I just want to stop this whole thing.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #71 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:38:44 PM »
Maybe that would be wise?  I find it hard to say that just because that means no more hijinks (aww), but it might be better for your sanity.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 08:47:22 PM »
GPW, be a man and tell her straight you don't want to hurt her.

If she's smart enough, she'll get it. 

Reading this thread makes me laugh but sometimes makes me want to cry  Laugh cause it's funny and cry because it's so sad how impossibly neurotic each of us can be looking for some sort of happiness/attention/whatever it is.
Taken.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
See, I did that more or less.  The problem is I'd have to be a man and tell her I don't want to have no-strings attached sex with her...for no real reason except I don't want to have sex with someone from the internet.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 09:15:58 PM »
cliche: the truth hurts!

No dating and staying-single-till-someone-serious-comes-around rule keeps life simple  8)  But becoming a hermit isn't very nice either.

Taken.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #75 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 09:54:34 PM »
I see nothing wrong or hurtful about telling someone that you don't get intimate until you get to know and like the other person.  Sex without strings rarely works out.  Things get complicated.  If the problem is that you gave that impression initially (or outright said you wanted casual sex) then just backpedal.  Say you reconsidered, saw the light, whatever works for you.  Thanks, but no, thanks.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #76 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 11:46:56 PM »
See, I did that more or less.  The problem is I'd have to be a man and tell her I don't want to have no-strings attached sex with her...for no real reason except I don't want to have sex with someone from the internet.

So basically, you're saying there's a vagina where your penis should be?

jokes jokes.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #77 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »
Don't go easy on him -- Let him have it. He needs it.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #78 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 11:52:39 PM »
Oh, alright.

So, how's that second X chromosome working out for ya?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »
So, you're saying I should have sex with her right?

Anyways, got a message back from the chick with the bitchy profile I posted here:

hahah, dont be too let down... this is a fake profile! to weed out the haters, the losers and of course the REAL MEN!!lol

Not that great, but it makes me curious.  Does she cross reference her hits with this profile against the one on her other?  That'd be brilliant.  I must find out...