Author Topic: Gimme yo opinion!  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Xero

• Rookie
Gimme yo opinion!
« on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 08:11:27 PM »
Alright so I have this tattoo design I wanna get but I'm almost afraid it'll come off as a little to flashy/cheesy.  Tell me what you guys think. This will be across the majority of the back of my neck and will hopefully look pretty damn close.  Oh if you have a good suggestion shout it out, I'm up for good ideas.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: Gimme yo opinion!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »
I like the overall design, but I'm not sure about the middle part.  After a couple years when the ink starts to spread out, that much detail is going to look like shit.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
Yeah, he has a point.  But it depends on how big it's going to be and how much you really care about that.

Does the design mean anything, or is it just something that looks cool?  Did you design it yourself or is it flash you found somewhere?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
The middle part is the most important. It's actual runes and basically is a spell of protection.  The sunburst around it I'm willing to modify to  get the center piece right.  The sunburst is art I found on the web and modified a little via photoshop.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
I thought it looked witchcrafty.  Interesting.  Well, I think it's important to pay attention to that like Ant said.  Make sure you get it distinct and big enough, but not too stubby or over-large.  Something like that takes a fine balance.  Talk to the artist you plan to work with, you guys can probably work that out.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野