Author Topic: OW logo thread  (Read 15807 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: OW logo thread
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 10:31:17 PM »
Dont worry about is Ghandi, I like the feedback on stuff.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 12:53:54 AM »
I'm never one for overcomplicating.  I like black.  I think it works better for pixel type stuff.  *Shrug*

I do like the idea of using the 3D skull for a watermark dealie.  That would make a really cool one.  Usually those things are so boring.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »
Not to belittle you or anything idol, just offering some constructive criticism, but as others have said I don't like the red or the 3D skull next to the text for one reason each:

1)  The red clashes or otherwise stands out to much with the colors of the forum.
2)  The 3D skull looks too detailed next to the simplistic (don't mean that in a bad way) text.

I like the pixelated text, but I don't necessarily love it.  Maybe do a mockup with just the black text and a black border like Que mentioned so we could see what that looks like.  Or maybe try the text in the same color blue as the tabs on the forum.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
Okay, here's some stuff.  These looked a lot better in my sketchbook, but here they are anyway.  These aren't really serious ideas, but I think sharing stuff is the best way to get people feeling motivated and sometimes what's throwaway to one guy might spark an idea in another guy.  Anyway, I was just doodling while Julia and I were watching more Twin Peaks (hot damn I love that show), so these just are what they are.  I sort of like my little skully-meets-punisher thing, but yeah... none of this is all that interesting.  Just hoping maybe it'll spark an idea in someone.  Or something.  Sorry, I'm really fucking tired tonight, just sort of... babbling.

The biggest idea there was doing the shape of a controller.  I like the controller idea, I just have no idea how to do it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 09:52:56 PM »

Ques stuff gave me some ideas and I tinkered with a bunch real quick in inkscape. I though...what if the skull was vaguely pixely, but not true pixel art? Just kind of boxy. Now I'll try come up with something that vaguely game related.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 10:22:49 PM »
More randomness. I thought of ways of combining the O and W. I had the W inside the O and tried to come up with interesting looks for it. Once was to have the sky and the W forming mountains or waves of the ocean or something. Then screwing around I made this odd thing.

Probably not logo worthy, but posting it anyway.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »
I dig the ball thing.  For some reason it makes me think of Mario.  I couldn't tell you why.

I think my favorite idea of all thus far has still just been the simple pixel/skully title.  That was really nice and clean and memorable.  I think it would behoove us to play with that design some more, see if we can't find a way to perfect it.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
My first impression was that it was a Mario Fireflower.