Author Topic: I really wish....  (Read 11737 times)

Offline ender

I really wish....
« on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 06:04:21 AM »
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker were released on DVD. I remember in 1989 when it came out and I watched the video almost everyday. I remember The Empire Strikes Back and Moonwalker being my two favorite movies as a kid... and I would just constantly watch them over and over. It's really a shame it hasn't seen a DVD release... even when all the scandal relating to him, I bet tons of people in my age bracket would really like to have it. A criterion collection would even be nice. Any other Moonwalker fans?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: I really wish....
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »
I kinda liked it.  I thought it was bizarre, but that's not by itself a bad thing.  Is there maybe an LV release that may have been quality-ripped to an AVI?

Offline ender

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 07:28:51 AM »
I bet there is. I probably need to search somewhere for it. I would definitely be happy to find it and burn it so I can relive the memories.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »
There's only Region 2 for Moonwalker, and only released in three countries. Warner Home Video released it in The Netherlands and the UK. Sandrew Metronome released it in Norway. Anything else is a pirated DVD.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0095655/board/nest/20729059

If you manage to get a hold of an import DVD, I can walk you through the process of ripping it to your HD, and removing all protections.  (Disclaimer:  I'm not advocating piracy, only the right of anyone in the world to watch a legit video they bought anywhere in the world.)  If you have a DVD burner, so much the better.