Author Topic: Max and Igor Cavalera may be writing music together again  (Read 2286 times)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Max and Igor Cavalera may be writing music together again
« on: Thursday, July 05, 2007, 01:43:40 AM »
Some people might be interested in this so I thought I'd post it:

For those who don't know, Max and Igor Cavalera are two of the band members of the original Sepultura, Max being the lead singer who left in 1997 and formed Soulfly shortly after.

According to Sirius Satellite Radio, brothers Max and Igor Cavalera are writing together again. According to Sirius, the new songs may include guest appearances by members of Napalm Death and Soulfly guitarist Marc Rizzo.

Igor Cavalera has been a free agent since he left Sepultura in June 2006 to work on personal issues. He was replaced by ex-Udora drummer Jean Dolabella.

In December 1996, following the tragic death of Max’s stepson, his bandmates — including his brother — tried to fire his wife and grieving manager Gloria Cavalera because they weren’t happy with the way she was handling the band’s business. Max viewed the move as an act of betrayal, quit the band and cut off contact with Igor until last year. Then on August 17 at the D-Low Memorial Festival in Tempe, Arizona, an event to honor the memory of Max’s late stepson, the guitarist and his brother took the stage to play two Sepultura songs, “Roots Bloody Roots” and “Attitude.”

Hopefully this materializes into something cool, I love Sepultura and was it shame when Max left.  The tidbit about Napalm Death being in the mix sounds really cool.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Max and Igor Cavalera may be writing music together again
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 05, 2007, 06:19:48 AM »
Could be good stuff.  I was never that big a fan of Soulfly to be honest, so maybe this would be for the best.  Best of luck to them either way.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野